shape
carat
color
clarity

Plastic surgery in the chest-ular area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My boobs used to be at my belly button 32GG. Then I had a boob job(reduction). They were super perky but not that surprising since they had removed 7 pounds of breast tissue (like, hadn''t been that perky since I was 12) and now (5 years and later)they''ve relaxed some and aren''t super perky, but I feel fine walking around without too much bra strappage going on.

So 32GG->34DD

FI has said we can save up for another boob job when we get settled financially, to fix some issues left over from the first one, as well as a lift, because I''ll probably need it by then.

So, how about you, have you had plastic surgery of your upper torso? Augmentations, lifts, reductions? Have you ever considered it? Are you considering it now? What made you decide for or against?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Freke: Did your boobs "grow back" after the reduction at all? I knew a girl who had one done and she said hers grew back even bigger!

I''ll probably get a lift and also a reduction after having kids... my boobs are way too big and hurt my back.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m planning on a reduction someday if I ever have kids. I think they are too big right now and they give me neck/back troubles, but I''d rather wait just in case they need a lift at the same time ;-)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Interesting subject. I was an amateur ballerina as a teenager, and really would have liked to audition for a professional dance company, but since I had a 34DD chest at 5''9" 130 pounds, I would have needed a breast reduction (ballerinas can''t have boobs). My parents were supportive and took me to a plastic surgeon, but I decided against the surgery when I heard that it would interfere with sensation and eventual breastfeeding - I gave up ballet instead. Also, the surgeon told me that because I''m so tall, even though my breasts are large, they were still considered "manageable size" by the insurance agency, so insurance would not have paid for the surgery.

Now that I have had a child and still wear 34DD, I thought about getting a breast lift or reduction after I''m done with kids (we''re trying to have one more). That way breastfeeding won''t be an issue any more, but I''m still concerned about losing sensation.

Freke, or anyone else, can you talk about whether you lost feeling and sensitivity after your surgery? Thanks!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
They kind of did. I was a C cup immediately after the surgery and am now a DD, but the surgeon warned me that it would happen, as the skin and tissue relaxed into their new position. If they grew back to be bigger than they were before, I probably would have gone freaking bonkers, and insisted on another one. Seriously. They were so big I used to joke about having cleavage in turtlenecks...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t mind having something done to mine to bring them closer together, if that makes sense. I am physically incapable of having cleavage, and at 38C, I should be able to darn it!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 5:25:07 PM
Author: FrekeChild
They kind of did. I was a C cup immediately after the surgery and am now a DD, but the surgeon warned me that it would happen, as the skin and tissue relaxed into their new position. If they grew back to be bigger than they were before, I probably would have gone freaking bonkers, and insisted on another one. Seriously. They were so big I used to joke about having cleavage in turtlenecks...
And you''re short! I can''t imagine how much it must have hurt your back
8.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
hehe I wish mine were closer together w/o a bra.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to have a lift. At my age, mine are down to my knees.
7.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 5:25:01 PM
Author: vespergirl
Freke, or anyone else, can you talk about whether you lost feeling and sensitivity after your surgery? Thanks!
Well interesting question. I actually had SUPER ULTRA sensitive sensation, and when he warned me about that going away, I practically jumped for joy. They were so sensitive that even the slightest movement anywhere around that area would HURT.

Also, I asked him to take the size down as much as possible. He said that because of the gigantor size of them before, that the nerve that runs from the chest wall to the nipple was so stretched out he wouldn''t be able to reduce them to anything below a C. He explained that because they were so big it was likely that I would lose sensation.

And I did. My right one has very little sensation, but the left one is still quite sensitive--a shadow of what it was before, but still right up there.

I think it really depends on the person''s body before and how surgery goes.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 5:26:45 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I wouldn''t mind having something done to mine to bring them closer together, if that makes sense. I am physically incapable of having cleavage, and at 38C, I should be able to darn it!
Lol! I wish mine were further apart!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
34DD reduction to a 34B.

That was 6lbs and my insurance did pay. No loss of sensation whatsoever in my case.
OMG the pain after surgery though
23.gif
Two surgeons (one on each side) and 5 hours. Demerol didn''t really do much to lessen the pain from over 600 stiches (mostly internal).

Reduction surgery is not for the faint hearted IMO.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My mom had a breast reduction a few years ago (I think maybe 4?). She was very insecure before and had horrible back pain because of it. I think she went from a G to a C.

I would consider reducing in a few years because I did get my mom''s boob gene and I''m sure they''re just going to get bigger.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Do reductions usually leave you totally evened out on each side or is it common for one to be slightly larger like many of us naturally have?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 5:45:09 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Do reductions usually leave you totally evened out on each side or is it common for one to be slightly larger like many of us naturally have?

As far as I know, they try to even you out as much as possible, and they are really good at it, but I think, since they aren''t perfect, they do come out a little bit uneven. However, I think if the difference was more significant before, they will try to reduce the difference, either with increasing one more than the other, or reducing one more than the other--depending on the surgery.

I know that mine were pretty even before I went into surgery, but I also know that he took more out on one side than the other, but the difference was pretty negligible.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 5:28:06 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
And you''re short! I can''t imagine how much it must have hurt your back
8.gif
It sucked. I would have to put a bra on immediately in the morning, and if I didn''t I''d have back pain all day. Between that and ordering bras from England (even with the exchange rate/shipping/actual price of the bra it was cheaper than buying the cheapest bras here in the states) my mom and I decided it was time to just get it done already.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I'm only five feet tall and I'm relatively large. Honestly, I haven't gotten measured in years, and I'm falling out of my D cups (of course, that could be the pregnancy boobs kicking in, I dunno). My back constantly hurts, I have scars on my sides and under my boobs from the wires and it's a nightmare. After our second is born (we're waiting about 5 years between babies), I'm going to get a reduction, right now they are SO heavy and unpleasant. Props to you ladies who had it done!

ETA: Another thing I hate about the front porch- all my shirts have stains on the chest because food falls and just gets stuck there. Even with an apron on, I managed to get spaghetti sauce all down my front- behind the apron!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d like to know more about lifts. I''m planning on one of those in the next five years. How to they work... do they scar, and where would the scars be. And how much pain are we talking?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d always had super teeny nubbins. Then I got pg w/our first, and went from AA to a full C. After I was done nursing they went down, but not quite to the negligible amount they were. I nursed our 2nd for a little over 18 months, and went up again almost to a D cup. I''ve been done nursing now for about 7 months and they''re shrunk down. However, now the chesticulars are lopsided and a wee droopy. I would love to have them lifted at least..I''d like to have an augmentation too, but worry I''d have a bad reaction to the implants. For now I''ve just been trying to find super lifty bras to push them suckers way up.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My college roommate had a reduction and was very open about it. I mentioned it to my dad and he said "Wait, she made them smaller?! Isn't that some sort of blasphemy?!"
20.gif
20.gif
MEN.

I've got pretty small boobins (well, I guess they're technically average, but they seem small to me here in the land of breast implants
3.gif
). I was one of those teenagers who wanted to buy into the breast augmentation pills and that weirdo vacuum suction thingy (whatever happened to that?!). It took me quite awhile to accept my little girls for what they are, and be thankful that they don't cause any health issues.

I'm so glad to see that insurance often at least partially covers reductions. That's refreshing to hear.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
My mother has big breasts, as do my cousins (DD plus). I lucked out and had C''s for a long time (since I''ve started working out, they have gotten smaller). I actually prefer the look of smaller ones to larger ones.

I would consider a lift if/when I ever have children and they need a little boost. If I had large breasts that got in the way and caused pain, I would def. consider a reduction.

musey- you live in LA, right? I bet you do feel tiny being average sized. It seems like EVERYONE gets implants in LA. (or is that just on TV
2.gif
)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reading all of your stories has made me really grateful for my lil B's.

I am curious about breast augmentation for when gravity inevitably rears its ugly head. Maybe I won't be so vain by then, and won't care if the boobies droop a little.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 7:41:07 PM
Author: BeachRunner
musey- you live in LA, right? I bet you do feel tiny being average sized. It seems like EVERYONE gets implants in LA. (or is that just on TV
2.gif
)
Just on TV
2.gif
I don''t really think about it, honestly. LA is much more ''average looking'' (body-wise, not fashion/beauty-wise) than people think.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2009 6:38:47 PM
Author: Gypsy
I''d like to know more about lifts. I''m planning on one of those in the next five years. How to they work... do they scar, and where would the scars be. And how much pain are we talking?
HI:

Here is some tech info. if you haven''t already read about it...most of this work is done on an out patient basis....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastopexy

cheers--Sharon

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 7:15:05 PM
Author: musey
I''m so glad to see that insurance often at least partially covers reductions. That''s refreshing to hear.
Mine was completely covered. My surgeon took one look of me with my shirt off (after this whole experience, I''m not exactly conservative with covering my chest...) and said, "These are the biggest I have seen. I''m going to take pictures and write a letter to your insurance company and they WILL pay for this. Now list all of the side effects you''ve had..."

No complaints or even comments from the insurance company. Paid for everything except my pain meds (which I ended up going without because they made me puke--stupid Percocet) and the $500 deductible.

Best *free* $20k ever.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
My breasts are certainly not HUGE, they''re decent sized. Small, by some standards.. 36B.

I''d like to have a lift, I don''t feel like they''re perky enough for me. I''m only 21, and I feel like they should be perkier at my age than they are. The loss of sensation scares me as well, and I certainly won''t be doing it before I have children. Not because I want to breastfeed, because I''m not sure that I do, but because after kids they will be at their least-perkiness of all. I wouldn''t want to have a lift and then have to dit again after children.

Meh. It''s a lot of money though. I think I''d rather have a nose job with that money if I''m going to be spending anything on plastic surgery. I hate my nose
39.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 7:15:05 PM
Author: musey
I''m so glad to see that insurance often at least partially covers reductions. That''s refreshing to hear.
Mine was completely covered. My surgeon took one look of me with my shirt off (after this whole experience, I''m not exactly conservative with covering my chest...) and said, "These are the biggest I have seen. I''m going to take pictures and write a letter to your insurance company and they WILL pay for this. Now list all of the side effects you''ve had..."

No complaints or even comments from the insurance company. Paid for everything except my pain meds (which I ended up going without because they made me puke--stupid Percocet) and the $500 deductible.

Best *free* $20k ever.

PugLover

Rough_Rock
I have had an augmentation about three years ago. I couldn''t even fill an A cup bra and I am currently a 34C. This is the biggest my surgeon said he would go on my small frame. That is exactly what I was looking for, just to look/feel more feminine and fill out my clothes better. I am soo glad I did it at a young age and did not wait until later. Most people don''t know I''ve had it done, only close friends and family, and they look rather natural. I''m all for doing what makes you feel better about yourself, whether that means augmenting or reducing, provided that you do your homework since any kind of surgery has risk associated with it.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I will certainly consider a lift when I''m all done having kids. I am a 34DD and after one kid they''re already starting to sag.
15.gif
In the mean time, bra-less is NOT an option.
16.gif

ANGEL WANTS A HALO

Rough_Rock
I''m looking forward to my breast inhancement surgery within the next 3 years. I would love a crescent lift also.
emthup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results