shape
carat
color
clarity

Plastic surgery in the chest-ular area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I would absolutely, without question, without a doubt, without trepidation, etc., be open to a breast lift if my chi-chis start to droop after kids. I hate wearing bras, and if I could no longer go bra-less on occasion, Id be very uncomfortable.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2009 9:18:44 PM
Author: FrekeChild

No complaints or even comments from the insurance company. Paid for everything except my pain meds (which I ended up going without because they made me puke--stupid Percocet) and the $500 deductible.

Best *free* $20k ever.
23.gif
each ?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew Dancing Fire would join this thread sooner or later, ha ha ha ha.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just waiting for him to come play!

35.gif
Hi DF!!!!

And $20k for both. But thanks for asking.
3.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Freke - how long did it take to get an approval from your insurance?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not very long. We were in a bit of a hurry because I wanted to get the surgery done before I went to the second culinary school, because I didn''t want to worry about my back hurting while I was standing up cooking all day. The surgery was December 10, I left for school January 20 something, and I think we saw the surgeon in late October/ early November? The insurance was processed almost immediately--perhaps about a week?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
So you went from first apt in Oct/Nov to done in Dec? Were you able to go back to school right away? How long was your recovery?

I''m seriously thinking about doing a reduction sometime in the next two or three years...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m all for the mastopexy!! (breast lift!) We perform lots of them at work, it''s just a big, heavy duty internal stitch in each boob. It hardly alters the size but it perks them right up and elimiates droop. Fanfreakintastic, I say!
9.gif
I''ll be all for that if I end up with boobs-at-the-knees after having kids.

I''m a 32DD but am 5''6 so am reasonably in proportion. I''m not fussed on the size, just the eventual shape they''ll most likely take
14.gif
I don''t think I''d want them any bigger, though! The immediate results after doing a breast reduction never cease to amaze me, they look SO good!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 12:50:28 AM
Author: EricaR
So you went from first apt in Oct/Nov to done in Dec? Were you able to go back to school right away? How long was your recovery?

I''m seriously thinking about doing a reduction sometime in the next two or three years...
I just had a consultation in the fall, and then surgery was Dec, and I went to school...I think it was January 27th. So I had a month and a half to recover.

The recovery from the actual wounds wasn''t very long. Lol. The absolute worst part of the entire surgery was having to sleep on my back. THAT SUCKED, because I normally sleep on my stomach. I couldn''t sleep on my side or my stomach AT ALL, so I would wake up in the middle of the night from the pain in my back. Keep in mind I didn''t have any painkillers in me after the first day. As for the scars forming, it only took a couple of weeks for them to be closed completely. I had a very easy time of it though, and my gyno has complimented my surgeon on more than one occasion.

My friend had a reduction too, not long after mine (the next summer maybe?) and she had some problems healing. She showed me them after three weeks of healing, and right in the middle of the crease under the breast (apparently where many wounds don''t close because of where the incisions are--I think it was called the lollipop incision?) was still an open wound about the size of a dime. It healed eventually, but it was pretty worrying while it was open. She has actually had a baby since then, and she couldn''t breast feed (although to be honest, she hardly tried) but her breasts didn''t increase in size at all from the pregnancy....

Ok, got off the subject there...

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
And how bad are your scars now?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 12:37:55 AM

35.gif
Hi DF!!!!

3.gif
well then...they better sparkle like a $20K pair of diamonds. chest shots Freke !!
31.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 1:10:46 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

35.gif
Hi DF!!!!

3.gif
well then...they better sparkle like a $20K pair of diamonds. chest shots Freke !!
31.gif

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD DF, Go Stand in the Corner!!!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Erica--

Well since I don't think the mods would approve if I posted a pic....I'll describe them. Five years later, the scars have faded in with my skin, and look like flat slightly-whiter-than-my-skin marks. In the middle, they look fantastic, if I say so myself. Lets just say I feel totally comfortable wearing a really really low cut shirt. The outside, under the armpit, is where it gets tricky.

Because so much skin was taken off, the incision at the end kind of puckers and sticks out a little bit in almost a point. I asked him about this when I went back for my post-op, and he said that it would relax over time (and it has) and that to fix that, he would have had to make the incisions a few inches longer--going into my armpit, and that would have had a negative effect on my healing.

As for around the nipples, you'd probably never notice unless I pointed it out.

1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

35.gif
Hi DF!!!!

3.gif
31.gif
I was just waiting for this DF. You naughty naughty man!!!! What are you doing in this thread???? LMAO.
11.gif
3.gif
20.gif
41.gif
33.gif
25.gif
9.gif
35.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 1:14:16 AM
Author: Linda W

35.gif
Hi DF!!!!

3.gif
31.gif
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD DF, Go Stand in the Corner!!!!!!!
I''m glad Grandma Linda has got my back!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 1:17:03 AM
Author: Kaleigh

35.gif
Hi DF!!!!

3.gif
31.gif
I was just waiting for this DF. You naughty naughty man!!!! What are you doing in this thread???? LMAO.
11.gif
3.gif
20.gif
41.gif
33.gif
25.gif
9.gif
35.gif

His eyes are probably bugging out again, ha ha ha ha ha

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
11.gif
3.gif
20.gif
41.gif
33.gif
25.gif
9.gif
35.gif
Hahahahaha!!!! Me too!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

35.gif
Hi DF!!!!

3.gif
31.gif
11.gif
3.gif
20.gif
41.gif
33.gif
25.gif
9.gif
35.gif
sorry i took so long.
rotflmao2.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Freke- you are my hero! I''ve wanted to get reduction for so long. In my late teens I wanted to do it, but that was when insurance considered verything cosmetic and not medically needed. Technically my build can support them (36J now) but I''m short so they are huge on me. I used to dance also, but then they developed and that put an end to me wanting to be a dancer. I was a swimmer groing up too and was so self conscious in a suit in my early teeens when we had meets- that''s all the guys wanted to stare at.

I''m not sure if my insurance would do it now, but I''ve been thinking about again the past couple of years. Tired of having to order $80-$100 bras from England, being size 12-14 but getting stuff in size 18-20 to get the top to fit and all that jazz- it''s gotten really old. I haven''t been able to sleep on my stomach since my early 20''s. Granted it was fun to use them to my advantage (you know, wear something low cut and suddenly don''t have to pay a cover at a bar) but now I want to do something about it before middle age. Although I am quite a hit when I wear a corset.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never had any boob surgery, and I don''t think that I would consider it. Mine are definitely not as perky as they used to be, I have breastfed three children afterall, but I am ok with the way they are. My mom and sister have had implants...heck, so has my grandmother, lol! I would never consider any sort of ellective/cosmetic surgery to please someone else, but there is nothing wrong with doing it for YOU.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 1:17:57 AM
Date: 4/10/2009 1:14:16 AM

Author: Linda W

35.gif
Hi DF!!!!

3.gif
31.gif

I''m glad Grandma Linda has got my back!

DF better watch out; Linda has been prepared to swing a saggy octogenarian boob at manly misconduct in the past: Link: The Birth of SupaGranny
2.gif

(Seriously, DF, don''t be lulled into complacency just because she''s currently in her demure, ladylike ''Clark Kent-esque'' mode... SupaG lurks just below the surface...)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol nytemist! Sounds like we had some of the same experiences!

I played volleyball and tennis, and my sports bras had to be super duty, with underwires, super thick straps, hook and eye closure. None of that stretchy stuff that would go over my head.

And ordering the bras from England really sucked. Really really really sucked. And buying clothes to fit them and then having to get them altered to fit the rest of my body.
20.gif
Prom dress shopping when I was a teenager was miserable...

I can only imagine not being able to sleep on your stomach. I wouldn''t be able to handle Js!!!! At all!!!!

And I bet you''re a HUGE hit in a corset!!!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI thinks mine are perfect and claims they''re the best he''s ever seen. I know he''s lying of course. I will be having at least a lift after I have kids...

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Even at the gym- an industrial granny bra with a sports bra over it. I CAN''T run on a treadmill. The joke with friends is that I will knock myself out if they hit me in the face
20.gif

J is real tough to deal with. I''m a freak size. I''m not a slight build so I don''t have have the back and shoulder pain, but I so miss halter tops and going braless sometimes.

Liike you with the prom dress; that''s another reason why I had my wedding dress made. The cost of alterting a size 20 wedding dress donw to fit me correctly was off the charts.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 2:29:55 PM
Author: nytemist
Even at the gym- an industrial granny bra with a sports bra over it. I CAN''T run on a treadmill. The joke with friends is that I will knock myself out if they hit me in the face
20.gif

J is real tough to deal with. I''m a freak size. I''m not a slight build so I don''t have have the back and shoulder pain, but I so miss halter tops and going braless sometimes.

Liike you with the prom dress; that''s another reason why I had my wedding dress made. The cost of alterting a size 20 wedding dress donw to fit me correctly was off the charts.

Um...yea...so I''ve actually SEEN Nytemist in person and honestly I''m surprised she can walk, let alone run on a treadmill! And Nyte-you''re petite. I don''t want to hear any of this "I''m not slight of build" BS.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Aw HH, you''re too nice! Thank you.
1.gif
If I were a size, say 6, I think I would need crutches to get around.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Mine are only a D, but they often seem big to me and I wish they were smaller. I won''t be getting a reduction any time soon, but I may get a lift after pregnancy because I imagine they''ll be even more annoying then.

I have a friend who went from a B to like a DD or E and she loves them and wears tops that are waaayyy too revealing. Like they say, when you''re born with big ones you spend your whole life hiding them. When you pay for big ones, you want to show them off. (I''m embarrassed to say that I got that from Jill on Real Housewives of NYC
41.gif
)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 3:49:15 PM
Author: elrohwen
Mine are only a D, but they often seem big to me and I wish they were smaller. I won''t be getting a reduction any time soon, but I may get a lift after pregnancy because I imagine they''ll be even more annoying then.

I have a friend who went from a B to like a DD or E and she loves them and wears tops that are waaayyy too revealing. Like they say, when you''re born with big ones you spend your whole life hiding them. When you pay for big ones, you want to show them off. (I''m embarrassed to say that I got that from Jill on Real Housewives of NYC
41.gif
)
That is totally true!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t run on a treadmill or pavement either. Running in general is bad. And I''ve gotten the "they''ll knock you out if you''re not careful!" joke.
20.gif

When I was younger I was a size 2/3 with DDs, and it was just awful finding size 12-13 dresses and getting them altered.

I would seriously look into it if I were you.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 3:49:15 PM
Author: elrohwen

41.gif
)
Oh I hear you there! I have an unnatural attraction to hoodies because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results