shape
carat
color
clarity

Plain Gold Wedding Bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaliforniaGurl85

Rough_Rock

Hi Everyone!

It would be a huge help to me if anyone who only wears a plain gold wedding band could post pic''s of the ring, preferrably hand shots. I am currently looking at a 2mm band and can not decide what width would look best on my finger. Just trying to get a sense of proportion wise, what looks best for me.

Thanks so much in advance!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it might be best if you tried a bunch at the store and see what works for you, the mm that someone else wear may not suit you the best, just imo.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my 2mm YG band. It''s a size 6 even though my ring size is 5.25. There''s nothing I hate more than tight rings!

I don''t usually wear this ring alone because it''s so thin - it just doesn''t have any substance to me! Personally, I prefer the look of 3mm or 4mm bands, but I don''t have any other plain ones. I''d be happy to show you what I have if you don''t mind the engraving.

100_3112.jpg

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2mm spacer band that I wear between my set so they don''t rub. I wear a size 4.5 and it seems really tiny to me. I''ve never worn it alone. If you are going to wear it alone you might want to go a little bigger. I ordered mine online. Before I bought it I went and tried a few on. What''s the width of your ering?
35.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Musey, I hope you don''t mind, I grabbed these pics of yours from the same thread (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2mm-wedding-band-with-3mm-e-ring.103981/) because they have the 3mm band:

These are Museys. "The bottom band in both pics is the Tiffany Lucida (half-round) 3mm. The top one on the left is the stainless steel high dome 2mm, and the top one on the right is a 14k WG pipe-cut 2mm.
As you can see, the higher the dome/knife edge, the thinner the "look" of the band. The 2mm pipe-cut band almost looks close to the same width as the half-round 3mm band, but the high-dome 2mm band looks significantly thinner than the 3mm. The knife edge would show this difference in look in an even more pronounced way."

2mmshapecompare.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''d wear a 3mm or 4mm band alone before I would a 2mm. When I wear my 2mm, even my bezel band, it seems kinda insubstantial.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 3:24:44 PM
Author: geckodani
Musey, I hope you don''t mind
Of course not, you know better than that!
2.gif

Date: 4/17/2009 3:25:34 PM
I''d wear a 3mm or 4mm band alone before I would a 2mm. When I wear my 2mm, even my bezel band, it seems kinda insubstantial.
I really think that that tends to be the majority opinion... most people with 2mm bands (and even those that have tried them on at some point) feel that they''re too thin to wear alone. I think that''s a good enough reason for anyone considering a 2mm band to go and try one on, just to make sure it''s not too thin for them.

I personally LOVE the look of a solo 2mm band, both in my bezeled diamond band and my plain 2mm bands (though I''m not crazy about the shape of either of the plain ones, I want something in between the two, dome-height-wise). I could think of a bunch of philosophical reasons why, but it just all boils down to personal preference. Go try some things on, OR do what I did and buy SUPER cheapie trial bands from eBay (one of them was under $4 with shipping, and the other under $20) and try them out for a bit to see what you think!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 6:09:13 PM
Author: White Orchid
Here''s my 2mm YG band. It''s a size 6 even though my ring size is 5.25. There''s nothing I hate more than tight rings!

I don''t usually wear this ring alone because it''s so thin - it just doesn''t have any substance to me! Personally, I prefer the look of 3mm or 4mm bands, but I don''t have any other plain ones. I''d be happy to show you what I have if you don''t mind the engraving.
WO, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shape of your band. Do you mind sharing where it''s from?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
My plain band is knife-edge, and is 3.25mm wide. With the knife edge, it still looks relatively delicate, and yet is substantial enough to be ''trad''. I haven''t got a picture without my e-ring though, unfortunately!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 11:05:58 PM
Author: musey

Date: 4/17/2009 3:24:44 PM
Musey, I hope you don''t mind
Of course not, you know better than that!
2.gif
I know, and you rock, but it never hurts to be polite.
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a really flat 5mm (I think. It''s either 5 or 6) band just to give you a difference in the presence from a 2mm to a 5mm.

hawaiibandgd.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Hey Musey! Great minds think alike. I posted those exact two threads closer to the top! Yours have the proper names associated with them instead of the URL gobbledygook on mine!
2.gif
I love those threads. Great stuff to get some good ideas.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I didn''t notice - I found this thread in a username search rather than normal read & post, and for whatever reason my posting psychology is different under those circumstances. Usually I try to make sure I''m not doubling someone else''s post.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Musey - no need to apologize. I honestly thought it was cool that we both posted the same threads in the same order no less...

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
my band is 2mm

weddingband_amyjokerette.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2 mm gold wedding band, and I often wear it solo when I''m doing heavy lifting, gardening, etc. It is narrow enough that it doesn''t interfere, but still gets the job done by announcing that I''m a married lady.
2.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding band is 2mm, and I''d say that I wear it alone 3-4 days each week. Lately, I''ve taken to wearing my engagement ring on my right hand. I like the way the band looks by itself. There''s something terribly elegant about a slim gold band.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I agree about liking the look of the band by itself. I am thinking about wearing my engagement ring on my right hand when I get my plain wedding band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results