shape
carat
color
clarity

Pix of my new gray spinel and blue zircon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Here they are sitting in an antique platinum setting I bought a couple of years ago. It needs a pair of 6mm stones, and I''m considering these. I don''t think they go together, though, since the zircon is so much sparklier. I ordered another blue zircon. But I absolutely love the gray spinel. The pictures don''t do it justice.

zirconspinel2.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Here they are again. This is the picture that comes closest to capturing the charm of the spinel. It''s dark and bright at the same time--flashes from dark steel gray to bright silver.

zirconspinel6.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Another shot of the stones perching in the setting. It''s blurry, but it gives a good sense of the colors and brightness.

zirconspinel1.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
And one last closeup of both stones.

zirconspinel7.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not try an orange zircon. The contrast would look wonderful, I think. You must have posted the setting before, but it must have been a less successful picture - it looks so pretty in this! Congratulations for the find
1.gif

But... I certainly like the pictreu, although yeah... the gray spinel would be dim next to the brilliant blue. Gray is not all that favored for gemstones, but I sincerely love it: allot of my things are shades of tinted gray and I would gladly wear a large, dark grayish blue spinel ...
38.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I have an orange zircon on the way, along with a bunch of other goodies, including a lighter blue zircon. I''m also considering a blue sapphire (synthetic) to go with the gray spinel. We''ll see what looks best. I hope you guys will help me decide.

Then I just have to find a good jeweler willing to fix up the setting for less than it would cost to buy a new one.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow glitterata...i am in awe of the gray spinel
3.gif

it''s beautiful. where did you find it?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Isn't it great? It's from ajsgems.com, as is the spinel. The price was great, too--only $34!

I love it so much I ordered a larger one. I'll post pictures when I get it. I hope it's as nice as the smaller one.

widget

Ideal_Rock
wow...I love them! What about a pink spinel to go with the gray?
18.gif

widget

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
just lovely.
18.gif

so, you want to use that setting for the spinel and another stone?

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/21/2005 3:12:40 PM
Author: widget
wow...I love them! What about a pink spinel to go with the gray?
18.gif

widget
Widget!! You hit the nail on the head!!!
Oohhh..... Just the *right* shade of pink will be great with the gray spinel, methinks!
11.gif
9.gif

Maybe a pale pink spinel?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that or a nice steely blue or purple

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm....I didn''t think of pink.

I think either the zircon with another sparkly stone--another zircon, or maybe even a cz--or the gray spinel and another less sparkly stone, like a second spinel or a sapphire. Pink is an interesting thought.

When this is all over, I''m going to be left with a lot of 6mm stones.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
think of it not as left overs but as the start of a nice collection.
And 6mm is a good size for pendants and earrings :}

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Well, I got my next shipment of experimental stones, with mixed results. The larger gray one is disappointing. It looked gray in the picture, but the color was described as violet and turns out to be a sort of dark, murky green with little sparkle. Too much extinction. The orange spinel is also much too dark. I''m sending them back--I hope these folks stand by their return policy. (I ordered them from another company, not AJS this time.) I''m also sending back a pink tourmaline whose color I don''t like.

On the bright side, a small red spinel I got in the same shipment is very nice, as is another blue zircon.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
pictures?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Sun''s gone down, and alas! I have to work tomorrow while it''s out. Can you believe it? Shouldn''t they pay me to stay home with my camera and my pebbles?

I''ll take some pictures next weekend.

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
I keep saying this over and over.....but I absolutely love colored gems with diamonds.......LOVING IT!!!!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results