shape
carat
color
clarity

Pix of my Birthday Engagement Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone...

The link originally started in LIW is here. Andrey helped me post some pictures, but since I'm now a BIW, I thought I would try to post some more on my own on this thread!

Ring Specs:
2.11 RB Diamond
SI-1 Clarity
H Color
Dimensions: 8.33 X 8.37 X 5.1
Culet: None
Girdle: Faceted, medium
Culet: None
Table: 64%
Fluorescence: Strong Blue
Ring size: 4.75

Enjoy!

DSC02646-1.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Blue flourescence

DSC02602.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Backlit

DSC02604.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Low light hand shot

DSC02615.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Table reflection

DSC02624.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Some sparkle

DSC02635.JPG

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! What a stunning ring! I think I''m blind LOL. LOVE
30.gif
the wide band! Oh, and congrats on your engagement
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh, your ring looks beautiful, and BIG!!
9.gif
Love that first shot, very pretty.

Congrats!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Holy Cannoli! Its HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Can you take pics of it against things that we all know well, i.e. a pencil, a lollipop, a car key...so that I can truly understand the scale of that big beauty?!

It''s unbelievable!! I love how much sparkle you are capturing. Any tricks to getting that on film? or is your rock THAT out-of-control sparkly?

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ering Harleigh. Congrats!!!!
30.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Another outdoor hand shot...sorry, I''m all out of flowers!

DSC02647.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Okay...I''m having some picture issues, so that''s all for now.

I''ll try to get some of the other 200+ photos pared down to size later!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 4:16:01 PM
Author: baby monster
OMG! What a stunning ring! I think I''m blind LOL. LOVE
30.gif
the wide band! Oh, and congrats on your engagement
1.gif
Hi baby monster,

Thank you! I love the wide band, too... If you check out my LIW link, you can see it with the two diamond bands I chose as wedding rings, which looks almost identical to my grandmother''s ring that includes a diamond band from my great grandma...they''ve both been gone a really long time, so I wanted something that would always remind me of them.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 4:16:06 PM
Author: Ellen
Harleigh, your ring looks beautiful, and BIG!!
9.gif
Love that first shot, very pretty.

Congrats!!
Thanks, Ellen!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 4:17:07 PM
Author: mela lu
Holy Cannoli! Its HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Can you take pics of it against things that we all know well, i.e. a pencil, a lollipop, a car key...so that I can truly understand the scale of that big beauty?!

It''s unbelievable!! I love how much sparkle you are capturing. Any tricks to getting that on film? or is your rock THAT out-of-control sparkly?

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Hi mela lu...

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments! I will try to take some more pictures with real-life items as well as with the two wedding bands...the picture-taking''s not the problem, it''s the DOWNSIZING I am having issues with! Argh!!
29.gif

Actually, I don''t think the pictures do this ring any justice at all! It is so much better in person and I get so frustrated trying to capture it on film. I even have cruddy cameras, so I can''t wait to get my hands on a better one and see how it looks through those! All my friends and family have told me to stay out of the sun because they''re blinded by it! Hee hee hee!
9.gif
I can live with that!

Back to photoshop 101 for me...I''ll try to get more on later!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 4:19:56 PM
Author: Kaleigh
What a stunning ering Harleigh. Congrats!!!!
30.gif
Thanks Kaleigh!

(Did you see my post in "Favorite Baby Names" awhile back??? As you can see, I love your name-no offense meant when I talked about the Kayleigh''s in my classes!)
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 4:31:24 PM
Author: Harleigh
Actually, I don''t think the pictures do this ring any justice at all! It is so much better in person and I get so frustrated trying to capture it on film. I even have cruddy cameras, so I can''t wait to get my hands on a better one and see how it looks through those! All my friends and family have told me to stay out of the sun because they''re blinded by it! Hee hee hee!
9.gif
I can live with that!

They never do.
2.gif

Well, except for Surfgirl''s. She cheats and uses a magical chandelier.
20.gif

9.gif
2.gif

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!! I love the wide band with a diamond that size...lucky girl! ;-)

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I LOVE
30.gif
30.gif
the wide band. What size figer are you? Can you tell me how wide it is when you have all three rings on? (I love wide band looks!) You must have very looong fingers to fit all that bling on.

Looks fabulous! Congrats!

a

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 4:36:08 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/17/2007 4:31:24 PM
9.gif
I can live with that!

They never do.
2.gif

Well, except for Surfgirl''s. She cheats and uses a magical chandelier.
20.gif

9.gif
2.gif
My goodness, Ellen! That cracked me up! I''m going to have to call Surfgirl and see where she got hers!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Nicki...I have always loved wide bands!

Date: 7/17/2007 4:48:03 PM
Author: angeline
30.gif
30.gif
the wide band. What size figer are you? Can you tell me how wide it is when you have all three rings on? (I love wide band looks!) You must have very looong fingers to fit all that bling on.

a
Angeline, thank you, also! My fingers are about a 4.5, but I had to go larger with the wide band and the two diamond bands, so the rings are sized at 4.75. The band is a plain old men's comfort fit, 14k wg ring-it is 6mm wide and it is HEAVY!!! The two diamond bands are each 1/2 ctw and about 2mm wide, I believe, totaling 10mm overall. My mom wears the one from my grandma & great grandma, and hers is 12mm overall, but her fingers are wider and shorter than mine, so I went a little bit smaller so that I might actually be able to bend my finger when all 3 are on.
9.gif

My fingers are really long and skinny in real life...they're not kidding about the camera adding pounds...who knew it applied to fingers, too???
face3.gif
My actual ring finger with my fingernail is a little over 3 inches long...I'm a 5'3" gal who is short-waisted with long legs, arms, and fingers...it's not necessarily something I'm proud of, but it's what I'm stuck with, so I have to make the best of it!!!

I will try to post more pictures of all 3 rings together along with some everyday items for comparison...I hate that I now have to wait until we get married to wear them all! Aahhhh!

ETA: Angeline...I was wrong! The wedding bands are 4mm wide, making the total 14mm wide!!! Holy cow! I didn't realize how thick it all was together! Maybe that's why I chose a 6mm center band as opposed to the 8mm like my mom has!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 5:02:14 PM

I will try to post more pictures of all 3 rings together along with some everyday items for comparison...I hate that I now have to wait until we get married to wear them all! Aahhhh!
I hear ya sistah! I only have 3 more weeks to wait - and I can''t WAIT to start wearing my w-ring! :) More bling
36.gif

At least you can ''hone'' your photog skills in the meantime. Keep ''em coming!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!!!!! That huge rock looks great with that wide band. And you have such long and slender fingers that the wide band looks perfect!!!!!

Congrats!!!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 5:02:14 PM
Thank you, Nicki...I have always loved wide bands!

Date: 7/17/2007 4:48:03 PM

Author: angeline

30.gif
30.gif

a
Angeline, thank you, also! My fingers are about a 4.5, but I had to go larger with the wide band and the two diamond bands, so the rings are sized at 4.75. The band is a plain old men''s comfort fit, 14k wg ring-it is 6mm wide and it is HEAVY!!! The two diamond bands are each 1/2 ctw and about 2mm wide, I believe, totaling 10mm overall. My mom wears the one from my grandma & great grandma, and hers is 12mm overall, but her fingers are wider and shorter than mine, so I went a little bit smaller so that I might actually be able to bend my finger when all 3 are on.
9.gif

My fingers are really long and skinny in real life...they''re not kidding about the camera adding pounds...who knew it applied to fingers, too???
face3.gif
My actual ring finger with my fingernail is a little over 3 inches long...I''m a 5''3'' gal who is short-waisted with long legs, arms, and fingers...it''s not necessarily something I''m proud of, but it''s what I''m stuck with, so I have to make the best of it!!!

Looking forward to more pics! Esp of all three. LOL about the camera adding pounds! Thanks for the info, I am thinking about resetting into a wide band and also really want to wear another band with it. I''m 5''9" but size 6 fingers. I think your fingers are longer than mine! *gets out tape measure...* Golly they are! you lucky thing! think of all the stacking possibilities!

a

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Angeline,

I just edited up above...the total all together is a whopping 14mm!!! I must be crazy!
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
WOW that is one killer rock you''ve got there Harleigh!!!
30.gif
It looks incredible on your hand - congratulations and best wishes!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Plant shot...

DSC02650.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
With both bands...dime for size reference

DSC02674.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Next to a postage stamp for size reference...

DSC02683.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
On top of FI''s size 9 Tungsten Wedding band...

DSC02686.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results