shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink spinel from Tanzania - how should I set it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

I think for a stone like that, simple is better. Either a solitare, or similar to the last ring you showed.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your nice comments and setting suggestions.
Colormyworld, I''m glad you think my spinel is fine. It means a lot coming from you as you have such a stunning collection of color gems.
Harriet, I assume you are kidding about a trade. I love your red spinel Leon ring, but I love my pink spinel even more.
iluvcarats: I like the Leon 3-stone you posted. I would not do East West and I would want fatter bullets.

I played around with Photoshop to see what my spinel would look in different settings. Harriet and Miss Rocks, I hope you don''t mind me borrowing the images of your rings.

Here is #1: halo with split shank:

tzspinelsplitshank.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
#2 Halo with half moons

tz spinel half moonhalo.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
#3 3-stone with half moons. Shields or fat bullets would work too.

tz spinel 3stone.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn. I wasn't kidding. I'm partial, but I like #1 best.
9.gif
My centre stone's an oval though. How about pear sides?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, you are so naughty, tee hee.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen exactly how naughty I''ve been in the last few days?
17.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t do any kind of side stones with this one - they would detract a lot from that beauty by being too sparkly. Either something with melee or a nice solitaire.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 1:37:11 AM
Author: Art Nouveau
Colormyworld, I'm glad you think my spinel is fine. It means a lot coming from you as you have such a stunning collection of color gems.
Harriet, I assume you are kidding about a trade. I love your red spinel Leon ring, but I love my pink spinel even more.
iluvcarats: I like the Leon 3-stone you posted. I would not do East West and I would want fatter bullets.

I played around with Photoshop to see what my spinel would look in different settings. Harriet and Miss Rocks, I hope you don't mind me borrowing the images of your rings.

Art Nouveau when I typed very fine I meant extra fine. Oops. IMO those top quality spinels coming out of Tanzania are as good if not better than any found in Burma. They have fluorescent neon quality ( saturation ) only seen in a few other stones. Frankly I don't see how your spinel could be much brighter.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/30/2008 4:26:02 AM
Author: colormyworld

Date: 10/30/2008 1:37:11 AM
Colormyworld, I''m glad you think my spinel is fine. It means a lot coming from you as you have such a stunning collection of color gems.

I played around with Photoshop to see what my spinel would look in different settings. Harriet and Miss Rocks, I hope you don''t mind me borrowing the images of your rings.

Art Nouveau when I typed very fine I meant extra fine. Oops. IMO those top quality spinels coming out of Tanzania are as good if not better than any found in Burma. They have fluorescent neon quality ( saturation ) only seen in a few other stones. Frankly I don''t see how your spinel could be much brighter.

CMW.. I was thinking of you when she posted this thread. Perhaps you should post a pic of your wifes ring!! GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you CCN. While the ring I made foe my wife is a very nice spinel I am afraid it will be whoafully lacking compared to that beauty Art Nouveau has. I am just dealing with reality here. As I said earlier those spinels from Tanzania are a step above all others IMO.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your spinel is gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I would be more keen to set something that gorgeous in a solitaire setting, maybe with some basket detail work of pave, but nothing more than that! It''s simply gorgeous on its own!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 1:38:31 AM
#2 Halo with half moons
Beautiful!!! I love the color!!
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour is very arresting. I''d second (or third) the suggestion for a solitaire. It deserves to showcase its beauty on its own merits.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
CMW: You are right about the spinels from Tanzania. What makes them so special is the fluorescent neon quality not found in spinels from other localities. My spinel seems to glow from within. It''s really amazing. Recently, I have seen two ruby like fine red spinels 4-5 carat size from Burma, but I like my Tanzania spinel better.

Below is another Photoshop attempt to make a solitaire with pave shank based on the "Pokey special":

TZ spinel solatire2.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
AN, I LOVE the Pokey Special!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results