Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Pink spinel earrings

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a pair of pear shape Tanzania pinkish red spinels few months ago. The total weight is 5.38 carats. My intention was to custom make dangling earrings out of them. I sketched a few designs and even got a few estimates, but I never got around to making a decision. A couple of weeks ago, just by chance, I saw a pair of diamond earrings that look very close to what I want. I asked the jeweler to substitute my spinels for the pear shaped diamond clusters dangling in the middle. I got the earrings back in 10 days. It''s cheaper than going custom and I didn''t have to go through the stress of waiting for weeks to see how the earrings turn out. Below are pictues of the spinels before setting, the original diamond earrings, and the same earrings with my spinels.

AN

spinel-pears.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that look awesome! The spinels are simply mesmerizing! Congrats on a great find!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh AN! Those are gorgeous!!!! I remember seeing all of those fab drawings you did, but these turned out perfect and if you saved $ this way, that''s even better! You have the most amazing jewels lady! I can''t wait to see these in person at the next GTG.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 1:31:52 PM
Author: Art Nouveau
Spinel earrings under daylight
*gasp!* This photo took my breath away! These earrings are amazing AN! I adore so many of your pieces, and these are no exception. They are exquisite. I love the color of the spinel.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH AN, those are absolutely gorgeous!! The spinels are TDF and I love the earring settings! Just perfect!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great looking spinels of vivid colour! And you''re terribly smart to just switch out the diamonds to the spinels in the setting. The shape is suitable and you probably saved quite a bit of money too.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The daylight photo is stunning! Your earrings are beauties.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH my goodness! Those spinels are STUNNING!!!!!! Love the earrings you had made!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AN,
I just don''t know what else to say except that I LOVE everything you post, and you have such exquisite taste. These spinel earrings are no exception!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Those earrings are gorgeous. The spinel is such a pretty pink! Just beautiful!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Those are stunning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous spinels and pretty earrings.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the spinels. I''m sure you''re carrying off the earrings very well.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Those are stunningly beautiful...much prettier than the diamond thingys that were hanging in them before!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is some VIVID color in there. Those are AWESOME!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.