shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Malaya from Finewatergems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I am soooooo jealous! I saw that on the finewater website and was heartbroken when I saw it was sold. At least it went to someone who will fully appreciate it!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:46:05 PM
Author: yingh
You are putting us on the burner with you - we will see about tomorrow! Thanks for the info on the ring. I am considering it for a 8mm round stone, but that might end up too big...

Date: 3/13/2009 10:42:44 PM
Author: mochi

I''m waiting for my zircon asscher from Gene. Hopefully I''ll get it tomorrow!
36.gif
36.gif
I think LOGR post new styles every month. I haven''t been there lately to look at the site..

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 11:21:55 PM
Author: misspinky
I am soooooo jealous! I saw that on the finewater website and was heartbroken when I saw it was sold. At least it went to someone who will fully appreciate it!
Gary might have some roughs that he can cut for you. Did you contact him?? He''s such a sweetheart!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mochi, it''s absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I love it in the white gold!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 12:12:35 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Mochi, it''s absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I love it in the white gold!

Thank you, Lauren!!

The WF/chrys ring will be here at the end of the month. I wish I could have put you down as referred from so that you could get something from them
40.gif
since your ring was the inspiration for my ring.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Love the new pics, looks fantastic in that setting!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
And the colour TDF!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 11:49:13 PM

Gary might have some roughs that he can cut for you. Did you contact him?? He''s such a sweetheart!

I did shoot him an email and he said that yours was the only piece of rough he got of its kind from Tuscon. (He also mentioned that he was already kicking himself for that decision
2.gif
)

He did say that he had emailed the dealer to inquire about getting more, so I''ll cross my fingers that it works out!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want a Malaya, you can also ask Gene of precisiongem.com (I think he still has a bunch of rough) and Barry at acstones.com. Tell them you want a more rosey pink (like Mochi''s).

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This one is my favourite out of all your new finds.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Mochi, did you get the zircon today??? We want pictures!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 8:53:01 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
This one is my favourite out of all your new finds.
Me too!
36.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 9:08:48 PM
Author: yingh
Mochi, did you get the zircon today??? We want pictures!

Yingh... no, I didn''t get it today!
38.gif
I was so looking forward to the mailman, but I guess it was not meant to be..

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The mail is very slow, I''m still waiting for my Leibcor setting, and something else.
31.gif
They must be using the pony express or something this month.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something else? Now now, spill it ASAP!
27.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 1:58:26 PM
Author: Chrono
Something else? Now now, spill it ASAP!
27.gif
Something very cheap though, but I''m excited. It''s a tourmaline (what else?), and no it''s not the 8x8 I need for my LOGR (I wish).

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! Once Barry told me about mail services in Yuma and he described them as carried by donkeys
9.gif

Date: 3/15/2009 1:45:28 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
The mail is very slow, I''m still waiting for my Leibcor setting, and something else.
31.gif
They must be using the pony express or something this month.

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Mochi I've been drooling over your new stone for days now, honest to goodness this is the most exquisite pink gem I've seen in a long time. Keeping fingers crossed so that Gary's able to get more of this rough. Thanks so much for taking the time to share all these wonderful pics w/us :)

oops forgot to ask: What size is this stone and is that the portugese cut?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love your malaya in that setting, beautiful choice!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Gene is probably the guy to go to right now. I had an email from Barry yesterday and his rough dealer has said there is zero chance of getting any from Madagascar right now because of the political situation. I guess you can find malaya is other countries as well. I''m not sure the variations from country to country. But Barry did speak highly of the Bekily malaya. I''m glad I was able to get one :)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mochi,
I love the colour and cut. I think it''s displaying different hues because it''s such a complex stone (pyrope, almandine, spessartine, andradite). Here''s some trivia -- "Malaya" means prostitute in Swahili!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 10:10:43 AM
Author: innerkitten
Gene is probably the guy to go to right now. I had an email from Barry yesterday and his rough dealer has said there is zero chance of getting any from Madagascar right now because of the political situation. I guess you can find malaya is other countries as well. I''m not sure the variations from country to country. But Barry did speak highly of the Bekily malaya. I''m glad I was able to get one :)
Whoo hoo!! I have two!! Sorry, I get excited about these things.
emembarrassed.gif

I''m sure Gene has some more. Did you see all the rough he displayed on his blog! He also has some more previously cut orange ones on his website. They look more like spessartites though.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 3:26:24 AM
Author: Chicago
Mochi I''ve been drooling over your new stone for days now, honest to goodness this is the most exquisite pink gem I''ve seen in a long time. Keeping fingers crossed so that Gary''s able to get more of this rough. Thanks so much for taking the time to share all these wonderful pics w/us :)

oops forgot to ask: What size is this stone and is that the portugese cut?

Thank you, Chicago. I am very fortunate to get this stone. And Gary did a wonderful job. It does look somewhat like a portugese cut, and I do have a tourmaline from Gary cut in that style. But Gary said that it''s a new cut he tried out.

I love to take pictures, I just hope I''m not boring or posting too much pictures.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 9:14:44 PM
Author: Harriet
Mochi,
I love the colour and cut. I think it''s displaying different hues because it''s such a complex stone (pyrope, almandine, spessartine, andradite). Here''s some trivia -- ''Malaya'' means prostitute in Swahili!
23.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Maybe Gene is going to post all the malaya''s all at once just too see us go in to a frenzy!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mochi, you could never bore us with your gorgeous pictures. You are the BEST at picture taking.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 11:31:33 PM

Date: 3/18/2009 9:14:44 PM
Author: Harriet
Mochi,
I love the colour and cut. I think it''s displaying different hues because it''s such a complex stone (pyrope, almandine, spessartine, andradite). Here''s some trivia -- ''Malaya'' means prostitute in Swahili!
23.gif
I know. Apparently, Malayas perform best at night too.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 11:33:51 PM
Author: Linda W
Mochi, you could never bore us with your gorgeous pictures. You are the BEST at picture taking.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

emembarrassed.gif
thank you, Linda! you make me blush!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Love all the pics. You really do have some wonderful stones!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this! It is gorgeous Mochi! I think that setting was waiting for that stone! They look perfect together! You have really obtained some gorgeous gemstones lately!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! I can''t wait to get a Malaya of my own (i have a slight garnet obsession..)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results