carat
color
clarity

Pink/blue colour change stone

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@Beautiful-disaster

Woah, you asked for opinions.
You don't need to be rude to those who are just trying to help.
You've always been very kind, so I hope that
this is just a blip & not a foreshadowing.

I know this quarantine has been difficult & tensions
are high but its difficult for everyone & there really isn't
room on PS for meanness. If those with differing opinions
bother you that much the ignore button is right there.
I'd work on using that before lashing out at others.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
I had run out of ways to keep saying the same thing.
I had said so many times I was sure it was the same piece I couldn’t find any way to say it again and felt I wasn’t being believed anyway which is when it gets insulting as it’s not like I didn’t explain each time how I knew it was the same piece.
I apologise for being so blunt about it.

I’m sure I could of chosen my words more carefully or just not said anything at all.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Beautiful-disaster I know the programme but I can tell you that stone is NOT real.

Look at it again ... it’s absolutely clear with no inclusions and no facets I can see. If that was real (a sapphire for example) this would be in excess of 8-10ct and with clarity, a sugarloaf or cab and that colour change this would be a well known gem. This is not a natural stone.

People happily buy lab or synthetic gemstones specifically for this type of colour change and will pay silly money for it.

Having money and the ability to buy real gemstones doesn’t always mean they will.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
A quick thought I just had...I have a light blue sapphire that has pink fluorescence under UV light. I wonder if that played any part? May be a stretch though, lol

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
@Beautiful-disaster I know the programme but I can tell you that stone is NOT real.

Look at it again ... it’s absolutely clear with no inclusions and no facets I can see. If that was real (a sapphire for example) this would be in excess of 8-10ct and with clarity, a sugarloaf or cab and that colour change this would be a well known gem. This is not a natural stone.

People happily buy lab or synthetic gemstones specifically for this type of colour change and will pay silly money for it.

Having money and the ability to buy real gemstones doesn’t always mean they will.

While I have no reason to doubt anything you are saying - I really would like to see examples of these synthetic creations - (as I really would like one myself) and that would (supposedly) make it relatively affordable.
I will continue my search.

- Hoping I don’t come across as *rude*

I appreciate everyone’s contribution to the thread.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Off on a tangent but i love the rings that Kirsty wears on the UK location location location
Im pretty sure her's are real

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off on a tangent but i love the rings that Kirsty wears on the UK location location location
Im pretty sure her's are real

They most definitely are. She had an enormous spinel surrounded by diamonds and she lost it. She was heartbroken. She also wears a huge aqua on occasion.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They most definitely are. She had an enormous spinel surrounded by diamonds and she lost it. She was heartbroken. She also wears a huge aqua on occasion.

We are usually so far behind here - we were still seeing it on tv after she lost it :(2 and replaced it
That aqua is spectacular
This week i noticed she had some impressive dianond earings
she's quite restrained though
only one statement piece of jewlery at a time

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I have no reason to doubt anything you are saying - I really would like to see examples of these synthetic creations - (as I really would like one myself) and that would (supposedly) make it relatively affordable.
I will continue my search.

- Hoping I don’t come across as *rude*

I appreciate everyone’s contribution to the thread.

Just do a search and you should find something. There's a glass imitation that colour changes called Alexite (based on the real gemstone Alexandrite - some change red to green and others have a different colour change like this one https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/847...search_query=alexite&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&frs=1

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Contact this seller. This pendant looks very much like the one you've been looking at. It's Alexite but only shows one colourway.

This is likely to change from pink/purple to blue. PLEASE NOTE it is NOT real although it's being sold as though it is.

Last edited:

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Contact this seller. This pendant looks very much like the one you've been looking at. It's Alexite but only shows one colourway.

This is likely to change from pink/purple to blue. PLEASE NOTE it is NOT real although it's being sold as though it is.

Interesting. The way the colour changed (warm in daylight, cooler in artificial light) did make me wonder if it was something doped with REE impurities. It's the reverse of what you'd normally expect.

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Maybe the pendant is a swivelling one, with a flat cut pink stone on one side and blue on the other. The colour change is surely too dramatic to be the same stone? I wouldn't even think there was any synthetic material that could do this? But I could be wrong..

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just do a search and you should find something. There's a glass imitation that colour changes called Alexite (based on the real gemstone Alexandrite - some change red to green and others have a different colour change like this one https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/847...search_query=alexite&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&frs=1

Ohhhhhh! Years ago, I met a woman in a work meeting. She was wearing a beautiful ring with a stone very similar in size and colours to the one the OP is asking about. I asked about it and she proudly said it was an alexandrite. I was like, uhhh...nope. But I always wondered why she had thought that. This makes sense. Good guess!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I come across things that just look familiar. And it takes me a while to pin it down from just where i remember it from.
B76A2547-0B43-404C-A663-D65C6BF70193.jpeg 598CBA2D-2522-42C7-9E16-2E2C956AA0F3.jpeg
And it comes in pink, too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results