shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink/blue colour change stone

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
I was watching an episode of Million Dollar Listing where Madison was helping a client find a property in Malibu. She was wearing a pendant With a stone which I happened to notice was bright pink in the car when they were driving to the property and then appeared as a bright blue when she walked into the property.
At the time it didn’t occur to me to take screen shots and now I can’t find the episode again.
I was assuming at the time that the pink was the *outdoor* colour and the blue was the *indoor* colour of the stone but when I search for a type of gem stone that does that I only find ones that do it the other way around.
Meaning they present blue in outdoor lighting and pink in indoor lighting.
So maybe in the car was showing indoor lighting and maybe the house was so open and light it was showing outdoor lighting of the stone.
Either way it has me confused and no closer to finding out what stone was in the pendant.
I would love a gem that presented like that. Must be noted that this lady was a socialite and had a crazy amount of money so the piece would of been worth a serious amount of dough.
It was a very bright cornflower blue and then almost a neon style pink and I can’t get over the drastic colour change to two incredible hues.
I will have to rewatch some seasons to try and find it again because I just can’t forget about it.
Any ideas what it *most likely* was?

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
It could also be that she changed pendants just because she felt like it. :lol:

I actually rewound it to check it was the same piece. It occurred to me it could be one stone on one side and another stone on the other but that would stop the light catching it like it was. Ugh.
It’s going to bother me till I find the episode and screen shot the two looks. Dammit.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
2457677E-C219-4BF0-A315-A86931393830.jpeg 2631A824-73E7-4564-9490-1F04EDD0F8BB.jpeg OMG - this has been bothering me this whole time and I finally came across the episode again.... sorry for the bad pics they of of them TV from my phone.
please someone tell me what this is!
The blue stone pics are in the car and the ones where it’s pink are in a house with really good bright natural lighting and outside. 5DDDE259-3E14-4376-AD4B-79DB40B99631.jpeg t C78235DD-C2C1-44FD-8862-988977506CE2.jpeg 316F9822-1E96-4AD8-BCCF-990DFAD69294.jpeg

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
My vote is that she changed necklaces.

Definitely not as the show showed her on three different days and she was wearing it each day. She went and saw three houses and each time it was the same - the the houses are massive though so it must present pink in natural light and the cornflower blue in indoor light in the luxurious cars.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I too lean towards them being two different necklaces entirely,
as the pink one has a triangle shaped stone above it
& the blue one looks to have a pear shaped one above
it that is a little larger.

It's not uncommon for anyone to have two incredibly similar
pieces of jewelry made, especially if its a brand or setting that
has suited them. I actually fall into this category myself.

Also, if it is the same necklace & somehow the portrayed
differences are simply just trickery of the image being filtered
through many different lenses, there is no natural known stone
to man that goes through that color-change.

It would either be a bright synthetic or some sort of
color changing glass or material.
Possibly even mood changing (:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've collected colour change gemstones for over 30 years and can tell you that I've never seen a natural colour changing gemstone, in that size, that would have that complete vivid change. I suspect (as others have said) that it's synthetic. Why don't you tweet her or put a note on her Insta page? You never know, she may reply!

To get a blue/purple or pink/purple colour change, garnets are the best to look for (or sapphires but they're likely to be more costly).

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
I've collected colour change gemstones for over 30 years and can tell you that I've never seen a natural colour changing gemstone, in that size, that would have that complete vivid change. I suspect (as others have said) that it's synthetic. Why don't you tweet her or put a note on her Insta page? You never know, she may reply!

To get a blue/purple or pink/purple colour change, garnets are the best to look for (or sapphires but they're likely to be more costly).

The color change is the other way round with those garnets though: a bluish colour in daylight and a pink/reddish colour in incandescent or artificial light. Assuming it is the same necklace I think it's got to be something lab-made.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color change is the other way round with those garnets though: a bluish colour in daylight and a pink/reddish colour in incandescent or artificial light. Assuming it is the same necklace I think it's got to be something lab-made.

Yes I know - I was just saying if the OP wanted a colour changer then garnets might be an option.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone knows the ID of that stone, then please put my name down on the waiting list for one of them!

DK :))

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the pink one has a triangle shaped stone above it
& the blue one looks to have a pear shaped one above
it that is a little larger.

I think @TheGarnetGirl is right.
If you compare the two photos that are most in focus, #2 and #5, you can see the difference in the size of the clear stone.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
Ok it’s definitely the same necklace. She isn’t changing it between the car and the house three times over three days. It’s definitely the same.
I will go back and get her name - she was married to some big movie producer or director so rich is an understatement.
After a lot of Googling - my best guess is that it is a huge sapphire that is presenting pink instead of purple in the colour change due to the lighting and Camera filters. Worth noting it presented the same when she was wearing white as well.
I can take better pictures of it if I play it through my phone instead of on my TV - I could have taken them over the three days but just took them on the first outing.

So basically I’m looking for a colour changing stone - where money isn’t an issue ..... so what the biggest and best colour changing Sapphire to ever hit the market?? - I haven’t been able to find this info as of yet....

This is obviously not going to just be a simple answer.

If it really is synthetic - what would it be?

Thankyou for the suggestion of finding her on Insta - That may be the only way we ever get a straight answer.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok it’s definitely the same necklace. She isn’t changing it between the car and the house three times over three days. It’s definitely the same.

I think all in-house shots being done one day,
and all in-vehicle shots being done at a different day wouldn’t be out of the normal for a TV show.

+1 team separate necklaces

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Ok somebody HAS to find a way of getting in touch with this woman on social media and finding it out.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
I think all in-house shots being done one day,
and all in-vehicle shots being done at a different day wouldn’t be out of the normal for a TV show.

+1 team separate necklaces

Wow - you are a stubborn one aren’t you?
in case you haven’t seen MDLL it’s a realestate show and the guy was taking her to see houses to buy (one which she did buy)
He drove her to two houses in one day and then another the next day and then back to the first one.

lmao they aren’t filming all the car shots separately - these are rich people and time money.
There is NO WAY it’s a seperate necklace.
I’m sorry that the pics mean you have trouble believing me but it’s getting insulting now.

I know what I’m talking about and have found stones similar so..... sorry you are wrong.. and not helping.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry, but who cares???

I mean, this is a TV show, not a member here trying to buy the necklace. If she was, then ok, different story.

Some here may say, we are just trying to warn people if they see this cc in a stone they want to buy. Ok, good. You have done your duty. LOL!

Better things to waste your time on people.

Go have a drink and ponder why a carrot is more orange than an orange garnished in your drink.

Peace.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - you are a stubborn one aren’t you?
in case you haven’t seen MDLL it’s a realestate show and the guy was taking her to see houses to buy (one which she did buy)
He drove her to two houses in one day and then another the next day and then back to the first one.

lmao they aren’t filming all the car shots separately - these are rich people and time money.
There is NO WAY it’s a seperate necklace.
I’m sorry that the pics mean you have trouble believing me but it’s getting insulting now.

I know what I’m talking about and have found stones similar so..... sorry you are wrong.. and not helping.

9E5A994F-4932-426D-9076-733C112E796F.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results