shape
carat
color
clarity

Pieces you bought and never wore? Show us!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I can't be the only one that buys things and then never wears them. I have at least 4, if not more, that I've never worn. Not because I don't like them, but because I just have not. These are mine. Am I the only person that does this?

IMG_20200309_132946.jpg

I covet your emerald and diamond dangle earrings! Wow -- gorgeous!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So many! I really should let them go. You are definitely not the only one who does this! Sometimes I imagine that I am rescuing them from certain destruction. But maybe I'm just a hoarder?

These 9k-12k rose gold rings, both Victorian, both just my style! I had planned to remove the foil from the back of the rose cut diamond. But I never wear them.
IMG_1347.jpg

Art Deco diamond, onyx, and rock crystal... I planned to make earrings, since the stones are out-of-this-world sparkly. But I'm not sure I will ever have room in the budget to get them made.
IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

Movado 18k wg diamond necklace. Thoroughly modern and cool, and totally not me. What was I thinking?
92BF7E07-521A-4442-815F-2C6F7892C486.jpeg

An amazing 18k (black rhodium) snake, with ombre sapphires. I thought this was so cool! I should wear it, but I never do. :-/
IMG_1351.jpg

Ooh! Here's a good one. An example of my obsession with building a #neckmess. A very old enameled locket, with a pearl, and the original glass (photos long gone). I'm afraid to wear it but I scooped it up for the romance of owning it. It's wrapped in silk and sits in a bubblewrap envelope in my jewellery box, likely forever.
IMG_1356.jpg

LOVE your snake!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I bought a gorgeous blingy pave bracelet from Phoenix. I rarely wear it though cause it’s SO blingy lol. It’s a special occasion or black tie sort of piece and I’m a Chipotle type of gal most of the time lol.

I tend to list pieces I don’t wear often for sale though to try to free up room and funds.

DBC21F4A-AE33-4C8A-AEFF-B1626F82DEE5.jpeg

Beautiful bracelet! If it were me, I'd totally eat Chipotle in it! No need to wait for champagne and caviar!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't be the only one that buys things and then never wears them. I have at least 4, if not more, that I've never worn. Not because I don't like them, but because I just have not. These are mine. Am I the only person that does this?

IMG_20200309_132946.jpg

Lovely pieces, esp the emerald earrings! :kiss2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a gorgeous blingy pave bracelet from Phoenix. I rarely wear it though cause it’s SO blingy lol. It’s a special occasion or black tie sort of piece and I’m a Chipotle type of gal most of the time lol.

I tend to list pieces I don’t wear often for sale though to try to free up room and funds.

DBC21F4A-AE33-4C8A-AEFF-B1626F82DEE5.jpeg

I wish you'd wear it more. It looks beautiful on you.:kiss2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 3 pieces that I seldom wear:

- VCA 2018 holiday pendant
- VCA 5-motif Alhambra pave bracelet (thinking I need to find another bracelet to stack with this, though I may never do this as I hate scratches!)
- VCA Lotus earrings

Attachments

• 2018 holiday pendant_3.jpg
    2018 holiday pendant_3.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 43
  • VCA_5-motif pave Alhambra.jpg
    VCA_5-motif pave Alhambra.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Lotus Earrings_Dec 2018.jpg
    Lotus Earrings_Dec 2018.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many! I really should let them go. You are definitely not the only one who does this! Sometimes I imagine that I am rescuing them from certain destruction. But maybe I'm just a hoarder?

These 9k-12k rose gold rings, both Victorian, both just my style! I had planned to remove the foil from the back of the rose cut diamond. But I never wear them.
IMG_1347.jpg

Art Deco diamond, onyx, and rock crystal... I planned to make earrings, since the stones are out-of-this-world sparkly. But I'm not sure I will ever have room in the budget to get them made.
IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

Movado 18k wg diamond necklace. Thoroughly modern and cool, and totally not me. What was I thinking?

An amazing 18k (black rhodium) snake, with ombre sapphires. I thought this was so cool! I should wear it, but I never do. :-/
IMG_1351.jpg

Ooh! Here's a good one. An example of my obsession with building a #neckmess. A very old enameled locket, with a pearl, and the original glass (photos long gone). I'm afraid to wear it but I scooped it up for the romance of owning it. It's wrapped in silk and sits in a bubblewrap envelope in my jewellery box, likely forever.
IMG_1356.jpg

Love that rose gold set a lot!
I just bought a set of tux studs to convert. You’re making me wonder if they will sit in the jewelry box for this lifetime. LOL
Earlier this year I had to realize and admit that I am a collector at heart. I actually don’t wear jewelry very often, but I seem to keep buying it!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many pieces. But I have worn them once or a few times and then put away and not worn since. All my necklaces. I kept purchasing necklaces but lol I am not a necklace girl I guess. Bracelets. Many lovely bracelets. Worn but a few times. And a few rings (pricey) that I wore and then just stopped wearing. My cluster ring from OWD (beautiful) and my aquamarine ring from Italy (overpaid by a lot sadly) but that holds sentimental value so will probably always keep the aquamarine ring.

I look at it like a collector. They are pretty and I take them out every now and then to gaze at and then put them back in the safe. It's OK.

ETA: LOL @Jimmianne just saw you wrote you are a collector too! Great minds...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was my 40th birthday present well over a decade ago. I did wear it a number of times but haven't worn for over a decade now. I don't wear necklaces for some reason.

Diamonds, Aquamarine and sapphire necklace. IRL it is stunning.
aquamarinesapphirediamondnecklace.jpeg

Other necklaces I don't wear-an aquamarine (I love blue lol what can I say) choker. Impulse buy, not inexpensive and worn maybe three times.

aquamarinenecklaceonmyneck.png

The Aquamarine Roma ring...

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.33.26 AM.png

My gorgeous antique diamond pendant I never wear

diamondpendant.jpeg

And many many more.

All my watches. Have not worn since beginning of 2014

I have many watches but here are 2 of them.

cartierandrolex.jpg.png

I used to wear my watches every day til 2014. So that is different than a purchase I bought and wore once or twice. But adding them because I haven't worn them for so long.

Do not wear any of my bracelets. One of them below. I love this one so much but don't wear that much jewelry so it goes unworn.

banglebracelet.jpg

All these necklaces and more

necklacesandkitties.jpg

So the above photos are just a few of my pieces that I do not wear. I have many more I don't wear. Basically it would be easier to share what I do wear. My OEC ER and bands and many of my earrings. That's it.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This was my 40th birthday present well over a decade ago. I did wear it a number of times but haven't worn for over a decade now. I don't wear necklaces for some reason.

Other necklaces I don't wear-an aquamarine (I love blue lol what can I say) choker. Impulse buy, not inexpensive and worn maybe three times.

diamondpendant.jpeg

And many many more.

cartierandrolex.jpg.png

I used to wear my watches every day til 2014. So that is different than a purchase I bought and wore once or twice. But adding them because I haven't worn them for so long.

Do not wear any of my bracelets. One of them below. I love this one so much but don't wear that much jewelry so it goes unworn.

banglebracelet.jpg

necklacesandkitties.jpg

So the above photos are just a few of my pieces that I do not wear. I have many more I don't wear. Basically it would be easier to share what I do wear. My OEC ER and bands and many of my earrings. That's it.

Missy I just love your 40th necklace that is a stunner! :love: all of your pieces are beautiful and I agree that the collection and admiring is just as enjoyable as wearing. And who knows, you might start wearing them all again. We women go in phases and cycles as you know lol.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wore my pave bracelet to work. Feeling so shiny! I usually wear my jadeite bangle which is also gorgeous but in a quieter way. Also in the US, most people aren’t super knowledgeable about jade so I feel like I’m being more subtle about how much I spend on jewelry haha!

9DE0962A-0D12-4406-A2F5-C9773204746E.jpeg

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Wore my pave bracelet to work. Feeling so shiny! I usually wear my jadeite bangle which is also gorgeous but in a quieter way. Also in the US, most people aren’t super knowledgeable about jade so I feel like I’m being more subtle about how much I spend on jewelry haha!

9DE0962A-0D12-4406-A2F5-C9773204746E.jpeg

It looks really nice, not too blingy. You will get used to it if you wear everyday.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
In my case it’s mostly chunky gold jewelry which I love buying but rarely wear maybe once or twice a year for an occasion. I love yellow gold but for everyday wear delicate pieces. Not Sure if I should post pics of those gold pieces here as the thread might only be for diamonds =)2

I think chunky gold stuff can be very nice looking! I really like the idea of a solid chunky cuff with no stones but I rarely wear bracelets I own.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

Those art deco cufflinks/tie pins (?) Are begging for a conversion! The snake is cool too. But there is a distinct difference in the snake and modern heart as compared to your other stuff!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so guilty of this! Will take pics, but necklaces and earrings rarely get worn. Plus I have waaaaay too many loose stones to set.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @stracci2000
Here's another rescue, an antique English bloodstone greco-roman somebody-or-other. I have no idea who it is. Athena? Anyone know?
DFDB2938-8F18-4BBF-B5EC-097C9963D270.jpeg

And a tiny pin, in 10k, with a tiny seed pearl. Bought because the swirls are actually interlocking A's (which are meaningful initials to me).
32741637-A303-4067-9CA5-B8550E8AEB52.jpeg

I have plans for this one. But the plans are about 2 years old now. I never wear it. 87145998-0D8C-47FE-BACD-660A314DAFC5.jpeg

I really like that greco roman necklace! I think it is just a matter of finding a shirt that looks great with it, and then always wearing them together. I also think it would look great layered with more gold chains.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

diamondpendant.jpeg

And many many more.

cartierandrolex.jpg.png

banglebracelet.jpg

necklacesandkitties.jpg

Your 40th birthday necklace is stunning!! Also, your Cartier watch is one of my most desired pieces.

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are some pieces I haven’t worn for a few years....an 18k gold and mother of pearl bag pendant, I noticed later it even had an Lv tag lol maybe that’s what put me off wearing it...
BAD9085D-4527-4FE6-9B50-A648300B4431.jpeg A2CCA4F4-FEC3-473E-AF01-231AA4A06639.jpeg
57B83B2D-BBE2-4A0F-9A05-92B934C71A38.jpeg FB8828DD-078E-4550-A82F-5B52E7F3E9C8.jpeg

8ECBCD95-C1B0-4A13-B996-676FD1BB6F6B.jpeg

a multistone necklace also set in 18k and a 21k gold bracelet with dangly bits! The last piece always reminds me of a belly dancers outfit =)2

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

diamondpendant.jpeg

And many many more.

cartierandrolex.jpg.png

banglebracelet.jpg

necklacesandkitties.jpg

Such lovely pieces Missy! Love the diamond sapphire aquamarine necklace it’s so beautiful and the aqua ring!! =)2

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@elizat The emerald earrings are what summer is for. They are what Tiffany Jazz wished to revive ,( No kiddig!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondpendant.jpeg

And many many more.

cartierandrolex.jpg.png

banglebracelet.jpg

necklacesandkitties.jpg

Missy, I'm right there with you on the necklaces/pendants. Your Birthday present pendant is absolutely stunning though. I rarely wear any of my pendants mostly because I wear my pins/brooches instead. Also I'm old and it's always better to draw attention away from my neck and not at my neck, lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results