shape
carat
color
clarity

Pieces you bought and never wore? Show us!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I can't be the only one that buys things and then never wears them. I have at least 4, if not more, that I've never worn. Not because I don't like them, but because I just have not. These are mine. Am I the only person that does this?

IMG_20200309_132946.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a gorgeous blingy pave bracelet from Phoenix. I rarely wear it though cause it’s SO blingy lol. It’s a special occasion or black tie sort of piece and I’m a Chipotle type of gal most of the time lol.

I tend to list pieces I don’t wear often for sale though to try to free up room and funds.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@MakingTheGrade I clearly do not wear diamond pendants! But for some reason buy them. I guess because I assume they are a staple item. But not for me.

Bracelet is pretty, but I definitely see why it's not for everyday!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade I clearly do not wear diamond pendants! But for some reason buy them. I guess because I assume they are a staple item. But not for me.

Bracelet is pretty, but I definitely see why it's not for everyday!

Haha yea. I know what you mean. I owned a few halo rings because they felt like a staple but then sold them because I personally just don’t really like them.

I feel like a red carpet star in the bracelet so I won’t mind keeping it for wedding and fancy affairs if it doesn’t sell. Gives me a reason to treat myself to more fancy nights out!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have two wardrobes full plus a wardrobe full of coats (i never wear coats)
Jewlery yes
I just need to go make the ocassion

Some things were bad internet purchases - ive not had good luck buying things without holding them in my hand jewlery wise

Some things I'm going to make a point of wearing once im back working

my mother never let us use the good things or wear the good things around the house - always left for special occasions
But now im like what's the point of having nice things if you don't use them and wear them

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In my case it’s mostly chunky gold jewelry which I love buying but rarely wear maybe once or twice a year for an occasion. I love yellow gold but for everyday wear delicate pieces. Not Sure if I should post pics of those gold pieces here as the thread might only be for diamonds =)2

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought a gorgeous blingy pave bracelet from Phoenix. I rarely wear it though cause it’s SO blingy lol. It’s a special occasion or black tie sort of piece and I’m a Chipotle type of gal most of the time lol.

I tend to list pieces I don’t wear often for sale though to try to free up room and funds.

DBC21F4A-AE33-4C8A-AEFF-B1626F82DEE5.jpeg

That’s beautiful!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d wear that bracelet every day @MakingTheGrade :D
Haha. I listed it so it can find a forever home. In the meantime I’ll keep looking for occasions to wear it!

One of these days I should see if the philly/nyc/dc/Baltimore PSers would wanna do a jewelry swap type event. Seems we are all guilty of having pieces we don’t quite wear.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. I listed it so it can find a forever home. In the meantime I’ll keep looking for occasions to wear it!

One of these days I should see if the philly/nyc/dc/Baltimore PSers would wanna do a jewelry swap type event. Seems we are all guilty of having pieces we don’t quite wear.

@MakingTheGrade I’m in for this!!

Pieces I don’t wear... Ugh. @elizat you’ve found a sore spot! :lol: My VCA three-motif earrings are probably my most egregious example - I’ve worn them exactly once in six years :roll:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
So many! I really should let them go. You are definitely not the only one who does this! Sometimes I imagine that I am rescuing them from certain destruction. But maybe I'm just a hoarder?

These 9k-12k rose gold rings, both Victorian, both just my style! I had planned to remove the foil from the back of the rose cut diamond. But I never wear them.
IMG_1347.jpg

Art Deco diamond, onyx, and rock crystal... I planned to make earrings, since the stones are out-of-this-world sparkly. But I'm not sure I will ever have room in the budget to get them made.
IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

Movado 18k wg diamond necklace. Thoroughly modern and cool, and totally not me. What was I thinking?
92BF7E07-521A-4442-815F-2C6F7892C486.jpeg

An amazing 18k (black rhodium) snake, with ombre sapphires. I thought this was so cool! I should wear it, but I never do. :-/
IMG_1351.jpg

Ooh! Here's a good one. An example of my obsession with building a #neckmess. A very old enameled locket, with a pearl, and the original glass (photos long gone). I'm afraid to wear it but I scooped it up for the romance of owning it. It's wrapped in silk and sits in a bubblewrap envelope in my jewellery box, likely forever.
IMG_1356.jpg

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many! I really should let them go. You are definitely not the only one who does this! Sometimes I imagine that I am rescuing them from certain destruction. But maybe I'm just a hoarder?

These 9k-12k rose gold rings, both Victorian, both just my style! I had planned to remove the foil from the back of the rose cut diamond. But I never wear them.
IMG_1347.jpg

Art Deco diamond, onyx, and rock crystal... I planned to make earrings, since the stones are out-of-this-world sparkly. But I'm not sure I will ever have room in the budget to get them made.
IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

Movado 18k wg diamond necklace. Thoroughly modern and cool, and totally not me. What was I thinking?

An amazing 18k (black rhodium) snake, with ombre sapphires. I thought this was so cool! I should wear it, but I never do. :-/
IMG_1351.jpg

@PreRaphaelite I love these pieces.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try to rotate my pieces.
Once in a while, I'll go into my jewelry stash and pull out some pieces and put them on a jewelry tree in the bathroom. That way, I'll see them and wear them. I feel bad about unworn pieces just stagnating in my jewelry box.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @stracci2000
Here's another rescue, an antique English bloodstone greco-roman somebody-or-other. I have no idea who it is. Athena? Anyone know?
DFDB2938-8F18-4BBF-B5EC-097C9963D270.jpeg

And a tiny pin, in 10k, with a tiny seed pearl. Bought because the swirls are actually interlocking A's (which are meaningful initials to me).
32741637-A303-4067-9CA5-B8550E8AEB52.jpeg

I have plans for this one. But the plans are about 2 years old now. I never wear it. 87145998-0D8C-47FE-BACD-660A314DAFC5.jpeg

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

Ooh! Here's a good one. An example of my obsession with building a #neckmess. A very old enameled locket, with a pearl, and the original glass (photos long gone). I'm afraid to wear it but I scooped it up for the romance of owning it. It's wrapped in silk and sits in a bubblewrap envelope in my jewellery box, likely forever.
IMG_1356.jpg

The snake is so cool! Maybe if it were a pin you’d wear it more?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much! There's this idea that some people have that a person can appreciate and love a thing of beauty without attempting to own it. I'm not one of those people. lol

What sort of insanity is this?
To admire is to covet...
:lol:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

I’m really hoping you get the budget to make the onyx/rock crystal earrings soon - they’d be amazing!

I love your enamelled locket too. Is damaging it your hesitation about wearing the enamel locket? It’s amazing! Would a short chain so it sits higher on your neck/chest make you more comfortable wearing it than a longer chain where it flops around and gets knocked more?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m really hoping you get the budget to make the onyx/rock crystal earrings soon - they’d be amazing!

I love your enamelled locket too. Is damaging it your hesitation about wearing the enamel locket? It’s amazing! Would a short chain so it sits higher on your neck/chest make you more comfortable wearing it than a longer chain where it flops around and gets knocked more?

Thanks!
I think the onyx & diamond earrings would be wonderful - I have a resetting project started this week, and if that goes over budget I may have to let go of all the others - the Coronavirus has affected my industry, so I am a little hesitant to start more than one project at a time. If I can't get it done, I'll release them to the the PS community rather than let them sit forlorn much longer. But those rock crystal domes just melt my heart!

I am overprotective with the enamel locket because in spite of the hinge being perfect and the bail (bale?) being fine, one little smack on a hard surface would damage it, and I would have no idea how to repair it. So yeah, you're right about that shorter chain! I'm not sure what kind to get. Antique, I suppose. ($$$££€€€)

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
These were bought for me (x2), but I haven’t worn them for more than 1 hour. Honestly, I’ve never seen Chinese people wear their wedding bracelets.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results