shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of Octavia's E-Ring!

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, after going through the Under 1 ct thread, I found a picture of an engagement ring that would be similar to the one that FI and I are planning on, a .35 ct. The ring belongs to Octavia, and I was wondering if any of you could please provide me with some extra photos of it (unless that's the only one she's put up) In any case, I'd appreciate any help, it's kind of hard finding rings of that size on here, and I'm so very happy to have found one just to get a general idea of what it would look like on my finger ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
Mine is very similar. It's .30ct D VS2 Tiffany. There is another poster you should look up called KathyinJapan. She has a .35ct F VVS1 if I remember correctly.

If you're interested in how it might look in wedding bands check the last few posts in my thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-would-you-do-upgrade-halo-add-bands.161279/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-would-you-do-upgrade-halo-add-bands.161279/[/URL]

Here are some pics of my ring. I wear a size 5. I have some better photos at home but I'm at work now :naughty: I also did a photoshop session to see what it would look like with different bands like plain bands etc if you're interested.

DSCN0791.JPG

DSCN0811.JPG

180.JPG

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Eilonwy|1310370790|2966312 said:
Mine is very similar. It's .30ct D VS2 Tiffany. There is another poster you should look up called KathyinJapan. She has a .35ct F VVS1 if I remember correctly.

If you're interested in how it might look in wedding bands check the last few posts in my thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-would-you-do-upgrade-halo-add-bands.161279/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-would-you-do-upgrade-halo-add-bands.161279/[/URL]

Here are some pics of my ring. I wear a size 5. I have some better photos at home but I'm at work now :naughty: I also did a photoshop session to see what it would look like with different bands like plain bands etc if you're interested.

Thanks so much Yssie and Eilonwy! These really do help out a lot! Especially your Eilonwy - since I'm also a size 5 ::) Thanks again, you guys are amazing!

And Eilonwy - It would be great if you'd be willing to do me that favor :) I'd appreciate it so much!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I just thought I'd throw it out there since diamond prices have gone up so much: There's a really similar Tiffany ring on ebay right now. I've bought two Tiffany rings off ebay for 30%-50% of retail (included one from someone with 0 feedback, better prices!) and Tiffany was extremely gracious about sizing, polishing and even appraising them for free so they looked brand new. You'll need to use a sniper service like gixen.com to get in the game on ebay auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260815328782&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
kelpie|1310398501|2966483 said:
I just thought I'd throw it out there since diamond prices have gone up so much: There's a really similar Tiffany ring on ebay right now. I've bought two Tiffany rings off ebay for 30%-50% of retail (included one from someone with 0 feedback, better prices!) and Tiffany was extremely gracious about sizing, polishing and even appraising them for free so they looked brand new. You'll need to use a sniper service like gixen.com to get in the game on ebay auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260815328782&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Kelpie, that is a gorgeous find! :love: FI and I have JUST started looking though, and he's already picked out a diamond and setting from Brian Gavin Diamonds, we just needed to see how it would look...if we had found something like that though, that would have been great. I'd just feel bad if I told him to override the one we already have ::) Do any of you have any experience with BGD?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you will get a superior stone from BGD! I love Tiffany, also, but you can get a top quality stone from BGD. I have a friend who has that size diamond and her set is one of my favorites! She wears it with one plain thin band and also a thin one with baguette diamonds. It is so elegant!

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1310406944|2966591 said:
Yes, you will get a superior stone from BGD! I love Tiffany, also, but you can get a top quality stone from BGD. I have a friend who has that size diamond and her set is one of my favorites! She wears it with one plain thin band and also a thin one with baguette diamonds. It is so elegant!

Great to know! I knew that Brian worked for Whiteflash for a number of years but then he opened his own business. FI and I browsed through Whiteflash, James Allen, Blue Nile, but his choice was BGD. We don't have a huge budget to spend, and even though he wanted something closer to the .50 ct area, I asked for something between .30 ct - .35 ct, just to give him some breathing space. I'm also very partial to the small diamond look since I have small hands and I bump around all the time and I'd feel horrible if anything happened to a much more expensive ring. Also, what does a report mean when it says, 'Additional Clouds Not Shown' is this something we should be concerned about?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Verdy|1310363976|2966290 said:
Hi everyone, after going through the Under 1 ct thread, I found a picture of an engagement ring that would be similar to the one that FI and I are planning on, a .35 ct. The ring belongs to Octavia, and I was wondering if any of you could please provide me with some extra photos of it (unless that's the only one she's put up) In any case, I'd appreciate any help, it's kind of hard finding rings of that size on here, and I'm so very happy to have found one just to get a general idea of what it would look like on my finger ::)

Hi Verdy! I was so surprised to see my name when i clicked on this forum (I don't come in here often enough). It's so flattering that you like my ring :)) . I don't think I have a lot of photos of it, most are in my wedding band thread which Yssie already linked to. Right after I got engaged, I posted a few in the Under 1 Carat thread here: https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/under-1ct-diamonds-t25028-690.html. In case that doesn't take you to the specific page, it's on page 24. If you want, I can try to take some more tomorrow, it's a little too dark here now and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't come out well.

Eilonwy and I apparently wear the same ring size, so our stones should look pretty similar on. KathyInJapan (who I miss, she hasn't been here in forever) and I have almost-twin rings, hers was just a little higher clarity than mine. She has a beautiful shared-prong wedding band, too.

If you're trying to stretch your dollars, I definitely recommend BGD. I got my wedding band from them and also had them make a pendant for my mom's birthday, and both pieces are beautifully done.

ETA: I'm also super rough on my hands and I'm one of the bad PSers who takes my rings off for nothing except cleaning. They're still holding strong, so please don't be worried about it!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Octavia|1310438796|2966945 said:

Hi Verdy! I was so surprised to see my name when i clicked on this forum (I don't come in here often enough). It's so flattering that you like my ring :)) . I don't think I have a lot of photos of it, most are in my wedding band thread which Yssie already linked to. Right after I got engaged, I posted a few in the Under 1 Carat thread here: https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/under-1ct-diamonds-t25028-690.html. In case that doesn't take you to the specific page, it's on page 24. If you want, I can try to take some more tomorrow, it's a little too dark here now and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't come out well.

Eilonwy and I apparently wear the same ring size, so our stones should look pretty similar on. KathyInJapan (who I miss, she hasn't been here in forever) and I have almost-twin rings, hers was just a little higher clarity than mine. She has a beautiful shared-prong wedding band, too.

If you're trying to stretch your dollars, I definitely recommend BGD. I got my wedding band from them and also had them make a pendant for my mom's birthday, and both pieces are beautifully done.

ETA: I'm also super rough on my hands and I'm one of the bad PSers who takes my rings off for nothing except cleaning. They're still holding strong, so please don't be worried about it!

Yay! I was hoping that I would get lucky and that you would find this thread! FI and I had been browsing through the Under 1 ct thread and we had almost given up hope of finding something that small until we stopped dead at your post. It's a very elegant ring, simple, but elegant at the same time which is exactly what I was looking for, just had to find the right stone size first! Ours will be a .35 ct, G, VS2 H&A :bigsmile:

Both you and Eilonwy have helped us out quite a bit in determining what it will look like once we get it, which is really great since we had no idea about how big it would be when we first picked our diamond out (I went to a local jeweler but all they had was a .56 ct). If you could post some more pictures up for us, we would be forever grateful to you! We're first time buyers, so we want to get this right the first time around!

Much like yourself, I'm horrible at taking my jewelry off. Even to clean I'll leave on the ring my mother gave me as a birthday gift quite a few years ago (has to get cleaned and polished very frequently because of that), so when FI and I decided to start looking at engagement rings I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with anything too big or too fancy like a channel set band or a pavé. Hence we came here and your ring ended up being the model for ours (if you don't mind, that is!) ::)

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
Here's my crazy photoshopped pics! Showing all the different wedding band combinations.

And here's a picture of my ring that gives a bit more of a perspective on size because it's a bit further away.

I can't speak for Brian Gavin because I haven't bought anything from them, but I did ask them some questions about wedding bands because I was looking at possibly getting mine from there. They were more than happy to answer my questions and I was pretty impressed with that, even sent me an email to follow up. Their platinum is 95% pure 5% ruthenium if you're interested. (Same as Tiffany's).

I've found my Tiffany's to be good though, they have resized my ring 3 times for free. Although it took 2 weeks each time to do it.

If you want any close-up shots of my ring let me know.

Ring Photoshop small.jpg

DSCN1796.JPG

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Verdy|1310446276|2966994 said:
Octavia|1310438796|2966945 said:

Yay! I was hoping that I would get lucky and that you would find this thread! FI and I had been browsing through the Under 1 ct thread and we had almost given up hope of finding something that small until we stopped dead at your post. It's a very elegant ring, simple, but elegant at the same time which is exactly what I was looking for, just had to find the right stone size first! Ours will be a .35 ct, G, VS2 H&A :bigsmile:

Both you and Eilonwy have helped us out quite a bit in determining what it will look like once we get it, which is really great since we had no idea about how big it would be when we first picked our diamond out (I went to a local jeweler but all they had was a .56 ct). If you could post some more pictures up for us, we would be forever grateful to you! We're first time buyers, so we want to get this right the first time around!

Much like yourself, I'm horrible at takingew my jewelry off. Even to clean I'll leave on the ring my mother gave me as a birthday gift quite a few years ago (has to get cleaned and polished very frequently because of that), so when FI and I decided to start looking at engagement rings I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with anything too big or too fancy like a channel set band or a pavé. Hence we came here and your ring ended up being the model for ours (if you don't mind, that is!) ::)

I don't mind at all, it makes me very happy! I think smaller diamonds are lovely but seem to be underrated. Every once in awhile, I feel a pang of envy at my friends' honking big rocks, but I also know they wouldn't fit my lifestyle and I'd probably have bashed one to pieces by now. My rings are tough as tanks, thank goodness (oh, and when I said cleaning, I meant I take them off to clean them, not that they come off when I'm cleaning the house...I'll probably be chased off the boards for admitting that...).

When I get home from work, I'll take a few more pictures for you, are there any shots in particular you'd like to see?

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Eilonwy - I'm really impressed with your Photoshopping skills! I would have had a really hard time choosing a band with all of those gorgeous combinations! And the distance shot is really great too - provides a lot of perspective of what it would look like far away! Thanks a million for the pictures, I appreciate everything! As for the platinum - I'm more of a fan of white gold, hehehe. You're welcome to post close up shots if you'd like! ::)

Octavia - Anything that you could post up would be just fine, maybe ones like the distance shot that Eilonwy took. Profiles and close-ups would be great too!

Both of you have been wonderful with this, I'm really thankful to have found two gracious people to help us out! :) So thanks so very much! FI and I send you both our warmest regards.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I missed the light tonight as well, but i tried to get some photos under incandescent light...not the best, but hopefully they will still help!

First, the e-ring by itself:

DSC_4272.jpg

DSC_4252.jpg

DSC_4231.jpg

Next, my wedding set:

DSC_4239.jpg

DSC_4234.jpg

Finally, with a 2.5mm white gold band I have:

DSC_4269.jpg

DSC_4266.jpg

If I can get home before dusk, I can try to take some better shots in the light, but i wanted to post these tonight because I told you I would :))

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
Octavia your wedding band looks so pretty with your ring in those photos. I'd seen your other photos but they were from a different angle. Just as pretty as from the side!

Verdy here's a "perspective" shot. Can barely see the ring at all. Truth be told I hate that about my ring which is why I'm being so fussy in picking a wedding band!! I want something people will actually be able to notice on my hand. These dainty rings are all the rage these days, but I dunno.

And here are some close-up shots (even though you're not getting the same ring - I don't need a better excuse to take pictures). If you're keen on white gold you're saving some $$$ so that's a plus!

DSCN2239.JPG

DSCN2232.jpg

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the link purplesilk - yes I have considered wide bands, in fact I think I've driven everyone on here nuts with every possible combination/ring I could think of! It's definitely something I'm looking at, coupled with my thin e-ring band though (about 2mm) I find from trying things on that a matching band bigger than 3mm just doesn't seem to feel right. I will probably be going for multiple bands... but I will keep changing my mind until the day we go in there and make the purchase and the deal is done. Perhaps there may be a thick right-had ring coming my way!

Verdy - since you've got the opportunity, definitely have a think about how your e-ring is going to look like with a band in choosing because that's the way you're going to wear it for the rest of your life! The wedding set always looks so much different than just the e-ring by itself...

... and another thing I know your man has his heart set on a particular style of ring for you, but if you haven't already it might be an idea to go into a shop with him and try on different e-ring styles because they always look so different on the hand and you might find that he changes his mind completely about what he likes, then you can both be sure

... of course I've no idea if you both love the ring and that's that or if you're unsure!

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Octavia - Your E-Ring looks soo yummy! I love the shots with your wedding band! Everything looks so elegant! Thank you again for the photos, everything both you and Eilonwy have done for us has been amazing. It's alright if you can't get clearer shots, but if you'd like to, that's fine too! The pictures you put up are already amazing.

Eilonwy - Go ahead and take as many as you'd like! :bigsmile: The more the merrier and you get to show off that gorgeous ring! (a plus for you and a plus for me, and everyone else who's considering a small engagement ring!). I actually did go to several jewelry stores to try on different styles of engagement rings, but since I'm so picky about what type of jewelry I wear (all I EVER wear is the ring my mom gave me) and when I tried on rings that had more designs to them and more diamonds or gemstones on the side, I didn't really feel that comfy, so we both loved the simple solitaire setting. Wedding bands will be a whole other different story though. I don't want my band to overshadow my e-ring, so we'll see what happens...that's going to be hard. I really hope we can find something that we can both love and afford at the same time. If my E-Ring turns out well, we'll probably head over to BGD again.

ETA: I guess I should have probably mentioned - FI and I aren't together right now, he's working abroad so I have some waiting to do before he actually proposes! ::)

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like you've got it all worked out Verdy, I hope your ring purchase works out great and make sure you come back to post the pics on here for me to see! Especially how your BGD purchase goes because I'm interested to see what your experience with them is too. If you need anything else let me know :D

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Eilonwy|1310601658|2968403 said:
Sounds like you've got it all worked out Verdy, I hope your ring purchase works out great and make sure you come back to post the pics on here for me to see! Especially how your BGD purchase goes because I'm interested to see what your experience with them is too. If you need anything else let me know :D

I really hope so too Eilonwy! Fingers crossed that everything works out well for us and that our ring is just like we imagine it to be! :bigsmile: I have no idea how long we'll have to wait for him to propose, but I'll definitely come back to post pictures of it, I'd love for you and Octavia to see it since you've both helped us out so much already - we're really indebted to you guys you've been so wonderful and we couldn't have imagined a better place to ask for help. Thanks for everything that you've done, and I'll get back to you about BGD, I hope our experience goes well and that we can add to all the positive comments I've heard about them already! Maybe one day you'll look to them too for a purchase! ::)

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Eilonwy|1310546356|2967897 said:
Verdy here's a "perspective" shot. Can barely see the ring at all. Truth be told I hate that about my ring which is why I'm being so fussy in picking a wedding band!! I want something people will actually be able to notice on my hand. These dainty rings are all the rage these days, but I dunno.

Elionwy, I felt exactly the same way, and it's why I ended up choosing this wedding band. I initially was pretty set on a plain platinum band and thought I might get a diamond stacker later on, but when I tried on various plain bands, I just felt like the set had no "oomph" to it and I wanted something a bit more unusual. I finally tried on the Tiffany Jazz that inspired my ring and *bang* knew that was pretty much what I wanted, but I didn't want a full eternity and I thought the diamonds on the Tiffany one were a bit too small. So I got BGD to make one to my specifications. I was never that thrilled about how my ering looked alone, but I do really love my set. I think the diamond band actually makes my ering look more substantial and I dig the mix of prongs and bezels. I think I'm going to add a thin plain band at some point, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Anyway, I did find the wedding band search kind of hard, but once I found "it" I was completely sold. I'm sure each of you will find something that makes your heart sing, too!

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
Octavia I have the same problem you did I love the jazz, and I also love the swing, but since (very) irritatingly they don't make any of those nice designs in half circle. My fingers swell all the time so I am way to scared to buy eternity! I am probably going to sacrifice my unusual band in favor of Tiffany's. I live in AUS Perth where there is not much choice, and considering the number of times I've already used Tiffany's services I'm loathe to use non-local shops (even though I get the sense that BGD is awesome) it's just so much easier for me to go to my local shop for stuff. I keep umming and aahing but I bet once hubby to be says it's time to go and buy I'll just waltz in buy a boring ol' channel set band walk out & be happy!

I'm loving this little .30ish diamond club us girls have got going, let's make sure we keep track of each other's ring adventures!

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Definitely Eilonwy. I just wish PS had a tagging system of some sort! That way you would know when people post things you might want to see!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results