shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my cushion cut e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Upgradable!! I posted the new pix because the first ones I posted didn't capture the detail of the cut very well. It kind of made it look like a radiant. Cushions are curious little creatures
2.gif

txideal

Rough_Rock
Hi sparkler,
That is indeed a lovely ring!! We've been looking for a few months now and I thought that I was convinced that I only wanted a RBC, until this Sat. I went to a B&M, and their cushion cut ring was absolutely to die for. It was a 2.02 H VS2, but it was still amazing, you could bearly see any color, but the faceting was amazing like yours. It just sparkles like crazy! I asked the salesperson if he knew how many facets it has.... all he could say was between 60-70. I was surprised that it had more than the RBC, which I thought was going to give you the greatest brilliance and fire, but when I saw that cushion cut this weekend, it completely changed my mind. I think the specs said that the stone was a "modern brilliant cushion cut"? He showed me another one that was no where near as impressive... it was like a more squarish emerald cut with no fire or brilliance.

What is the technical shape for your stone... it is so brilliant!!

Where did you start with your research? I want to know like what is considered to be the "ideal" cut for a cushion.... ie. table, depth, crown, pavilion angles, etc to get the most brilliance and fire? All the sites give you info on the RBC but not on the cushion. There seems to be so much info on the cushion, that it's so confusing... "Old Miners Cut", etc.

Also, I noticed that you gave a plug for the jeweler that you bought your ring from.... tell me more....

I don't know how to "PM" you... if you can show me how, I can to get more info....

Thanks and congratulations again on being with your true love and also a beautiful ring!! Hope you two will be very happy!!

Sorry for such a long posting... but I am so loving the cushion cut shape now!!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Hey txideal! I will "PM" you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results