shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my cushion cut e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I received my new ring on Thursday evening. I have to say that I''m still learning how to take pictures of my stone, and it''s so hard!! These pictures do not do the ring justice - the stone is GORGEOUS! When I look into it, it reminds me of a snowflake! I don''t have all the specs right now, but it''s 1.55 carats, G color, VS1 clarity. It''s currently in a temp white gold setting while I decide on a setting. I LOVE my cushion so much
love.gif

Copy of myring1.jpg

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Next one...I apologize for the blurry picture! I need to practice...

Copy of myring2.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That looks gorgeous!
love.gif
Congrats.
appl.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful!! and gigantic!

Melissa

reena

Ideal_Rock
holy CR*P sparkler, it's amazing!
6.gif
and enormous! (in a really, really good way!!!!) i love it!!
appl.gif

closer pics please!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow that looks awesome.
What's the ring size? I love the cushion.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yeeeehhhaaawwww that is outstanding. You're getting me excited too, b/c I have gone the way of the cushion. I will find out tomorrow if it's in for me to view! I freakin LOVE your ring!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
sparkler, gorgeous cushion, and looks huge on your hand! congrats
1.gif
what is your ring size?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He he
2.gif
that's not a bad start to look for a setting... The ring is awesome!

Is the setting at Antique Engagement Rings still in the run ?

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone - thanks!!!!!!!! I still can't stop staring at my ring. I think I'm in love with it (and of course the guy who gave it to me!)

My ring size is 5. The current setting really shows off the diamond, and I'm kind of diggin' it right now. When I first got it, it seemed really high, but it's growing on me. I have no idea when I'm going to look for a new setting...just enjoying it as is right now!

Can anyone give me some advice on how to take closer pix of the stone?? I'm having a really hard time. I'm using my fiance's cannon digital camera (elph) and using the macro setting, but it's still not focusing on it close-up. Should I use a magnifying glass? Flash or no flash? Direct sunlight? I really want to show you all the stone - it's mesmerizing, and so white and clear. Cushions rule!
appl.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Luuuuv that ring (and cushions!) - it's soo beautiful! And it looks perfect (and large!) on your finger
love.gif

...funny, in that top pic, it looks almost like a radiant... reminds me of Nicrez's beautiful rock...
1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
AWESOME!!! Wow, I really like it in the temp setting, because it's so... "look at ME!"

One thing you might try is to take the highest res picture possible, then take the full size image and crop it down around just the ring. If the resolution is high enough, this can give you a "magnified" view, even if you can't get closer to take the actual photo...

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
It's such a lovely ring! Congratulations!
appl.gif

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
OK, so I don't yet have better pics of my ring (I'm trying so hard!!), but I do have stats to share, as well as a few pictures of my fiance (!!!) and I. If he ever finds out I've posted his picture on the internet, he will not be happy
2.gif

First the stats:

Cushion Brilliant
7.26 x 6.85 x 4.47
1.55 carat
depth: 65.3%
table: 67%
girdle: thin to very thick, faceted
culet: none
polish: vg
symmetry: g
clarity: VS1
color: G
Flourescence: none

It's true what they say, you simply have to view a bunch of cushions to find the right one. This one is just gorgeous, due to the sparkle and the unique faceting that gives it the look of a true cushion.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Here we are all gussied up (at an event at the Metropolitan Museum)

IMG_0509.jpg

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
And here we are casual
10.gif

IMG_1090.jpg

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
You guys are such a cute couple!

Hurry and post close-ups of that beautiful rock! I can't wait to see more!

reena

Ideal_Rock
um, you guys could NOT be any cuter!
1.gif

i love when people post pictures of themselves. (and don't worry sparkler, my BF would also murder me if he knew his cute little kisser was on this site. what they don't know won't hurt 'em.)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
You two make a very nice couple. Casual or Dressy!
2.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is STUNNING and the stone looks huge! Great job!!!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
One more thing I want to add. I want to give "props" to the vendor my fiance worked with. They're I.D. Jewelery in the diamond district in NYC - website is www.idjewelryonline.com.

If anyone wants additional info, please feel free to PM me! I have two stones from them - a .5 carat simple pendant and now my e-ring! They gave us great deals both times!

Jman

Rough_Rock
Is the Cushion cut otherwise known as princess cut? Seem to be more familiar with term "princess cut" around these parts. Square diamond. Or is there something special about "cushion" that is different then "princess"

I'm glad you are happy. How involved in the process were you? My girlfriend has to see the diamond before I buy it. The romance of getting engaged is starting to fade as we can't make up our mind and find the right diamond, and ring, but suppose will get cheapest solitare to hold diamond until e-ring chose is made.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
They are TOTALLY different Jman!!! Although that cushion is nice and square, which I love!!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

OMG sparkler! Stunningly beautiful ring, stunningly beautiful couple - I'm stunned! I've always been partial to RB's myself, but this site is making me want a cushion!

Congrats all around!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

-JCJD

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
wow. gorgeous! never knew a cushion could sparkle like that! hmmm....gives me ideas i can't afford...
naughty.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Sparkler - Wow, what a gorgeous cushion! I loooove them. Congratulations! I can't wait to see the final product, but it looks amazing as is!

By the way, you guys are adorable
1.gif

Regarding taking better shots... I purchased a loupe (found mine for $14 - brand new on Ebay) and it's amazing what how many uses you can get from it. We have the canon elph digital and I just hold it up to the lens and take pics! Most of the ones on the thread that shows my new sparkly were taken that way. It's amazing how well they come out. I just crop off the loupe (outer edges) and they look great. Sometimes, if you hold it just right, you can't even see the loupe on the edges of the camera. It's the cheapest "macro" lens I've ever purchased and it's amazing how well it works! Check out Ebay and get yourself one of these babies - if you don't have one already.

Again, congrats!

~Lisa

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I'm having so much fun wearing my ring. On Monday I'm going to have the temp setting lowered a bit because it currently resembles the Eiffel Tower (I got that from Nicrez!).

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be changing the setting for awhile, which is actually OK because I can't yet decide what I want. My fiance couldn't possibly handle any more "searching" at the moment!! Plus I like the look of the ring - very classic and it allows the stone to shine. Although I'm tempted to make an appointment with Reena's pal Leon...or perhaps look into a Memoire setting, or maybe the Vatche half-pave...YIKES!! Stop me!

Lisa, thanks so much for the loupe recommendation - that seems like the best way to get close-ups. I MUST share the details of my stone with you all!!! It's killing me! I promise I'm on the case
rodent.gif

[OK, that smily's name happens to be "rodent"...what's up with that??]

Carre Girl

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! Cushions are so pretty...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
See, I really do like the simple setting. I think that also lends itself to a really honkin wedding band.
1.gif
Don't lower it too much if you plan on getting a good size band!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Bumping the adoration for sparkler. See, everyone does love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results