shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my Bezel Set RHR - YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I'll try to keep this short
1.gif
it began when I was helping my dad create an upgrade RB e-ring for my mom on their 40th Anniv... & fell for the look of an ideal cut RB
love.gif
So happened I got my bonus just as I had to give up her luvly stone... so, w my supahfinace's blessing i went about creating a RHR...

I was looking fwd to working w Mark (of Engagement Rings Direct) again on another custom piece, as we'd had a fabulous experience w him creating my e-ring and, again, Mark did not disappoint
appl.gif
I honestly can not say enough good things about him!

Anyway, I contacted him w a few potential candidates & he ran a sarin on the best one - a completely eye-clean 1.279 ct "high" J SI2 w ideal numbers, crispy arrows & a spot-on idealscope image.

As for the setting - i wanted a thin platinum band w lil diamonds placed intermittenly w a platinum bezel akin to the (etienne perret) low halo. I gave him a few fuzzy photos & he went to work - did a fabulous job, dontcha think?
love.gif

Edited to add RB specs:
GIA 1.279ct J SI2
Table: 56.7 Depth 60.2
Pol/Sym: Ex/Ex
Girdle: THN-M, F (1.2)
7.05*7.09*4.26
angles: crown 33.9 (33.8-34.0) / pav 40.8 (40.7-40.9)
%: cr 14.6 / pav 43%.
HCA: .9 Ex Ex Ex Ex / AGA 1A

* ps, these photos do not do this sparkly ring justice, taken on a cloudy day w a camera that has definate issues in macro mode
2.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
rhr3.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
rhr4.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
rhr1.jpg

fuzzy side-view pic
2.gif
the lil bumps in the band are the lil diamonds

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
rhr2.jpg

next to my 2.55ct e-ring - can't believe how much girth the bezel added!
9.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
rhr5.jpg

Last one - for comparison's sake - pre-bezel setting, next to my e-ring in a temp setting... this was also the only photo taken on a semi-sunny day
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
ALEXAH!! i am speechless
6.gif
absolutely stunning ring
10.gif
that halo setting is very impressive, and looks exquisite on your hand!! it makes the diamond look huge and the baby diamonds throughout the band are perfect. mark did an excellent job, once again! maybe you should become a personal shopper, 3 gorgeous rings, all different...wanna help me?? anyway, congrats on your RHR
1.gif

edited to add: i have already been swayed to the color I for an RB, i may just move it one more to a J, yours look great, especially with your skintone!

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, alexa, it's just beautiful!!!
appl.gif
i'm so impressed! you must be just thrilled with it.
love.gif

you're right, the bezel makes your gorgeous stone look HUGE, and i also like that it makes the ring look unique and RHRish--i've seen a lot of RHRs that look just like e-rings to me. (not that that would necessarily be a bad thing! but i like the way you did yours a lot.)

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Those are two beautiful rings.

I would have guessed they are both 1A cuts, but not the J color
confused.gif

/idealbb/images/smilies/angryfire.gif Hey, I thought J's were supposed to look bad in platinum

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Kim, I would be honored to help you if I could!! Thank you so much for the compliments - i'm blushing, really
1.gif

Many ladies have been v happy w Js - I honestly could not tell any dif btwn this J & my mom's H - tho I'm not color-sensitive...

Thank you reena - i'm am thrilled! At first, tho, i was like 'this isn't my stone - mine's much smaller'!
2.gif
I wasn't expecting it to have the presence of my e-ring but i've grown v fond of it. I was really hoping it would look more like a RHR than an e-ring, so thank you for saying so!

Ricardo, I don't know who made up the 'Js = no platinum' rule? i dont need no stinkin rules
2.gif
thank you for saying they look ideal - they're my ideal anyway
9.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Alexah,

That's just gorgeous! What a great result, so clean and elegant. It one hellava RHR!

Great job.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
that is gorgeous! so WHITE and sparkly! i've always been leery of bezels cuz i'm afraid by covering so much of the diamond it would lose some of its "life" you know? Well you've definitely proved that theory wrong as well as completely thrown the theory of j's and platinum not mixing right out the window!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
THAT is a fabulous RHR!
love.gif
love.gif
Kudos!!!!! I just love the sleek modern lines and the bezel is awesome...WOW.
1.gif
3.gif

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
naughty.gif
11.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful Alexa! You have great taste!!

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice ring! Sure makes the diamond look bigger
love.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Love it, love it. What a design. It's just great.
You keep those J's a comin'

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Great looking ring! I love the fact that you figured out how to make a solitare not look like an engagement ring. It's beautiful and compliments your e-ring perfectly.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
That ring is gorgous Alexah! I really like the way the bezel is placed on the ring.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
hey, I really *like* that style!

Very *very* nicely done!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much noobie, ginger, Jennifer, Patty, wonka, 7s-1, lop, gale, bree & rfath for saying such sweet things about my RHR!
1.gif
it really means a lot to me!

I had no idea if the bezel would cut down the perfomance of the diamond but I haven't noticed if such is the case - it sparkles like mad in the sunnyshine
love.gif
I esp like the RB in low lights or under a shady tree - the colors are amazing.
In the direct sunlight, my princess seems to throw off bigger rainbows whereas the RBs fire seems more contained within the stone... apples to oranges, i can amuse myself for (gosh - should i tell them hours?!) many minutes comparing & admiring
2.gif

Rfath - i can't wait to see your completed e-ring - it's going to be FAB!
appl.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
you can't wait?! *I* can't wait!

I think seeing your ring made it worse
2.gif

From the research that I did, the bezel definitely shouldn't hurt the performance of an ideal diamond in most light.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
eek.gif
Gorgeous!! I love the setting and the stone! I'm showing it to hubby to confirm that a "bigger" J is the way to go for my upgrade!!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/20/2004 11:37:08 AM rfath wrote:

you can't wait?! *I* can't wait!

I think seeing your ring made it worse
2.gif

From the research that I did, the bezel definitely shouldn't hurt the performance of an ideal diamond in most light.

----------------

9.gif
sorry rfath!

This particular full bezel style does lend itself well to letting light in, as it's completely open on the sides/bottom...

I actually think this is a nifty way to set a J because the bezel blocks the girdle & the side view for the most part, *you* don't have to worry about anyone detecting tint from the side...

Upgradable, I'm honored you're showing this ring to your hubby! When are you planning on upgrading?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful ring! I love the bezel and the amount of umph it adds to your already HUGE 1.29 c. stone!

What is the color on your Princess cut and can you tell the J from the other stone's color?

Michelle

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! What a ring.
love.gif
What do you call this type of setting? Very unsual yet lovely in its simplicity.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I just love bezels! What a beauty.

Edited because I realized that the Mark you're talking about is not Mark Morrell!

Beautiful ring, Alexah.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Michelle
9.gif
you're right - 1.27 is large...
my princess, believe it or not, is also a J (I'm most fond of I/Js). i know, you're 'not supposed to' get a fancy in a J, just like you're 'not supposed to' put Js in platinum
2.gif
i don't listen v well, do i?

Chrono, thank you! It's a full bezel - i call it a "low halo" after the etienne perrett low halo ring but Mark's jeweler called it a ritani-like bezel (if there were diamonds all around the bezel, it'd look v much like the endless love setting).

I'm really glad you like it Daniela
1.gif
the "Mark" i was referring to (sorry i wasn't clear) is Mark from Engagement Rings Direct - he's the one that had the setting made to my spec. Unfortunately, our camera's v temperamental so we were lucky to get a couple of shots that didn't come out completely blurry
rolleyes.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA!!! Fantastic. And the round really does look huge. I always thought that the bezel covered a lot of the stone and made it look smaller. That's SO not the case! Congrats!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOHHHHHH, alexah!

That ring is so... damn... gorgeous!

It's everything I adore about the Ritani Endless Love setting, but with cleaner and more modern lines. Wow. WOWWWOWOWWOWOWW.

Can you tell I'm enthralled with it?!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results