shape
carat
color
clarity

My mom''s anniversary surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I promised pics of the upgrade e-ring my dad gave to my mom for their 40th Anniversary (today)
21.gif
sorry if the shots are fuzzy - we need a new camera
2.gif

The story behind the ring is posted HERE.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Box shot
1.gif

mom1.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot
1.gif

mom2.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!1 WOW! What a firey sparkeball!! She must have totally FLIPPED!!!

Looks like you did a GREAT JOB!! I want to hear about her reaction!!

reena

Ideal_Rock
umm, it's GORGEOUS! please please tell us what happened when mom saw it!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Treysar
9.gif
What an adorable kitty in your avatar!

Honestly, I wasn't there when he gave the new ring to her but she called earlier & sounded unbelievably thrilled! Funny, my dad actually sounded annoyed by how excited she is about the ring - she can't stop looking at it/talking about it/it has to be in every pic - boy, he'd loooove PS
2.gif
ahem.

He'd actually taken her out for dinner at Daniel last nite, for a carriage ride in the Park & gave her the ring at midnite when they got back to their hotel suite... still romantic after 40 yrs - i should be so lucky
naughty.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Reena
21.gif
Luckily it was a sunny day so she was getting the full effect of how sparkly a diamond should be - she was totally thrilled!

Another funny dad anticdote - he was surprised when he saw it how "small" the diamond was for "that kind of money". He paid like $500 for her first ring so he was thinkin he was springin for a boulder at $11+K for this ring
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Simply beautiful. And what a lovely story!

BTW, what are the "specs"?!
1.gif

Lynn

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is gorgeous. Congratulations to them on their anniversary.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Oh - the specs
9.gif

Center stone's from DI
H&A AGS Ideal 0
1.736 H SI2 (eye clean)
7.81 x 7.83 x 4.74
Table 56
Depth 60.6
Girdle 08-1.4
Crown Height: 15.2%
Crown Angle: 34.8
Pav Angle: 40.9
Pav Depth: 43.2%
HCA 1.6

The band's made up of eight 4-pointers in a shared prong platinum setting, size 7. The 4 prongs holding the center stone are turned NSEW instead of at the corners.

Thanks Lynn & pearcrazy!
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Alexah, I've been waiting for this. It's beautiful. What a romantic story. That's so sweet.
The ring is amazing. I thought it was atleast 2cts.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
YAAAAYYYYYY!!!! It came out AWESOME!!! Awwww, and what a cute story, your dad cracks me up! I really think that ring came out spectacular. Congrats to you too for doing the legwork and getting her something she loves
appl.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Alexah, it turned out amazing! What a great job you did helping out. I like the setting much better than the Martin Flyer one you were originally looking at. Oh, what a huge rock!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Alexah! It looks beautiful
love.gif
I was hoping we would be able to see the finished product. Glad to see your mom was ecstatic, we all knew she would be, how couldn't she
1.gif
Great story too!!

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
Very, very nice ring...looks very similar to Jennifer's new e-anniversary ring....

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
WOWEE! It is AWESOME!
9.gif
Another Clean SI2, H stunner!
appl.gif

Hey, this GORGEOUS shared-prong setting looks awefully delicious...and familiar...No wonder I love it.
love.gif
2.gif

Your mom will treasure it forever!
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Alexah, I'm so glad that you mom loves it! I'm not surprised, though. I love that your dad was shocked that it wasn't bigger, lol.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, alexah!
1.gif
That's another thing I love about how your mom's ring turned out--the prongs are very subtle. All you see is BIG gorgeous rock.
love.gif
This was my preference too. It turned out by "accident" on the first go-around my husband surprised me with but when we upgraded, I specifically asked for sturdy but subtle prong work.

appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Alexah,
the ring turned out beautiful, i just love the prongs. Your mom must be absolutely thrilled.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again everyone!
9.gif
I just spoke w my mom again & she was positively gushing about how much she loves it!

Unfortunately, the sizing seems to be a bit off (the band's too large) - does anyone know if sizing balls will do the trick? Any other ideas?

Elepri, how are you enjoying your beautiful e-ring? I remember that this stone & yours are v similar...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi

Delightful story--what great use of your experiences to such a delightful end for your Mom!! You'll feel wonderful everytime you look at her hand!

cheers

Sharon (P.S. Alexa, although we didn't win the Stanley Cup, at least a Calgary boy won us our first Gold Medal in gymnastics in Greece!!)

cheers

Sharon

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Sharon!
1.gif

Btw, I was totally rooting for Calgary during the finals - they had it won and, inexplicably, they choked
15.gif
It would've been so great for all their amazing fans if they'd won, esp since there may not be (much of) a season this year.... altho i don't wanna imagine a winter w/out hockey to look forward to!
errrr.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
alexeh
congrat to your mom,what a beautiful ring ,you did a great job picking this one,love those invisible prongs, very neat.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!
love.gif

Lal

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!
I'm thinking of doing a setting similar to that. Curious- do you know what the diameter is for the band set with the 4 pointers? I heard it should be around 2 mm?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks a lot VT, Rowan & Lal
1.gif

To answer your Q Lal, I'd say it's approx'ly 2.5mms. My e-ring band is 3mms & it looked just slightly smaller - maybe it was because of the heavy platinum prongs holding the sidestones. The band portion w/out the sidestones was a tad thinner - probably 2mms.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results