shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my 1.08 OEC, VVS2, G diamond ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stci

Ideal_Rock
After searching for years to find THE OEC diamond I got it 2 years ago.

Here are the specs:

original.aspx

Hope you like it.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
wow! i don''t think i''ve ever seen anything like that. very unique and pretty!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 1:39:40 PM
Author:stci
After searching for years to find THE OEC diamond I got it 2 years ago.

Here are the specs:

original.aspx

Hope you like it.
It''s very unique.. but does it "poke"

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its very cool! Would be neat to know more of the history...is it considered deco? About when do you think
it was made? I know nothing about antique stones but that I like them.
9.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that''s such a unique design, I''ve never seen anything like it!

Would love to hear more
1.gif

stci

Ideal_Rock
All I know is the diamond was cut ~ 100 years ago probably in England.

The setting is estimate to have at least 50 years. It's 18k gold and sit high on the finger.

I'm an antique jewelry lover. The diamond show me tons of colors in every type of light. The only problem is I would like to find a beautiful band instead of plain but nothing I have see fit really well. I continue to seek...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I Love your center stone and that is such a unique setting!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I love your diamond and your setting! The setting looks like it''s from the 1930s - 1960s to me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, 100 years old. Very cool diamond and ring!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all! You are nice!
1.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting setting. I''ve never seen one like it. Was the stone set in the setting when you purchased it? And, if you don''t mind sharing, where did you find it? I always wonder.

The STONE!!
30.gif
It is just lovely. The faceting pattern looks very nice. Any chance you''ve got closer shots of the stone?

stci

Ideal_Rock
Ho! THE question!
9.gif

I'm gonna tell you all the truth!

I'm not rich... I can tell really not rich. But an OEC was a dream for me and I save during many years to have $3000 to buy the stone.

When I began to search, I realize that my poor $3000 was not enough cause I have in my mind to have 1 ct with near colorless and good clarity.

Search and search and always disapointed. In fact, was sad.... really sad cause it was impossible to find the stone of my dream for $3000.

One night, surfing on Ebay, I see this ring through other not interesting jewels. The seller start the bid at $1000. It was a revelation! I fall in love with this diamond and ring immediatly. I spent the 9 following days to hope that nobody will bid too high...

Got it for 2600$! Was happy but worry... If this seller don't tell the truth about the specs I'm lost! If the seller don't send the ring It's over for me!

Finally I received the ring packed in a wonderful white leather box. Take it in my hand... look at it.... bring it near the sunny window and tears began to fall down on my face. It was the most beautiful ring I ever seen. All the colors made a splendid spectacle!

Now.... I'm surely not an expert and perhaps the clarity is not.... you know?

I brought the ring at a certified gemmologist and he said that it was a splendid diamond. He was happy to see a so beautiful stone! He gave me information about the age of the stone and the setting. He gave me the certificate and said "It's the first time I have pleasure to see a G, VVS2 Old European Cut. Congratulations!"

The Ebay seller is sflmaven...

Was lucky for the very fist time in my life and I appreciate every day!
30.gif

Sorry for my bad english.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Sylvie! Sounds like you got a great deal! I''d love to have an OEC, too!

marym

Shiny_Rock
What a nice story! Your ring is beautiful, and it is so wonderful that you found the ring of your dreams from ebay, and it was less than you planned on spending. I''m happy for you that you found such a beautiful stone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story. I am glad you found such a lovely ring and got such a great deal on it.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all! You are sooo kind!

I have to tell I adore to come here to see all the beauties and you are so nice, all the time, for newbies and for old members!

I know there are lots of woman who dream to have a diamond and they can''t. Hope they will realize her dream someday.
36.gif

It''s lovely!!

Thank you so much for sharing your story and pictures- that''s really my favorite part of PS!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a beautiful ring and such a great story! I once bought a platinum and diamond coctail ring from Sflmaven (vintage) for about $300. All the little diamonds are VS and so pretty. You got a fabulous deal and the vintage look really appeals to me. I see you have a plain white gold band with the ring. Is it your taste at all to have some color to the set? Perhaps a stacking band that includes some gemstones like sapphires or ruby? Might be fun.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mm...OECs are so romantic.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Love the diamond and the unique design, and what an interesting history it must have!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Nice!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!
1.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely story
1.gif
wear it in good health.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
What a nice story. Your ring is beautiful. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results