shape
carat
color
clarity

pics of katiedid''s SP bands (channel and prong)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok here is the prong set with my ering...

tn_DSC00692.JPG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my camera battery just died--I''ll post the channel set later! sorry!

kgwen

Rough_Rock
Very pretty!! it looks similar to my set with the prong set. even if it sits a little higher than your e-ring, i think it still goes perfectly. good luck!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
More pics! Give the specs of the two different rings. What is the tcw of each? Close ups! I am very interested to see what you think about the bands you received from Facets and which you are leaning toward.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful! I can''t wait to see more pictures. Close ups too please!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, let me try to attach some more shots! Here is the channel set. For both rings, in my size, the total carat weight would be around .75. Stones would be 2.4 or 2.5 pts each.

tn_DSC00695.JPG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
both bands

tn_DSC00700.JPG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ering and both bands

tn_DSC00703.JPG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
prong set again

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops

tn_DSC00693.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
By themselves, I prefer the shared prong. With your e-ring, I prefer the channel set. The height difference would bug me too!
I could also picture an etoile style ring looking great with your e-ring.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another

tn_DSC00697.JPG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more

tn_DSC00701.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
W/your ering the channel looks much better.
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, I like the channel set with your e-ring.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote channel set as well! It just goes so perfectly! But maybe you can have both so you can switch it up!
31.gif

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Channel set! I totally thought i was going to like the prongs, but the channel looks great with your e-ring!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
You know I love shared prong bands but I have to agree, the channel set band goes perfectly with your ering!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I think both are beautiful! Tough choice (but a fun problem to have).

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what I''ve decided? Hubby and I went to look at shared prongs tonight and we both agreed that the BEST route to go is to send everything back to SP and have WF make me a shared prong eternity band that will sit just right with my legato and won''t rub it. I''ve asked Lesley to call me in the morning. I know we''ll love the WF band--I''ve been very impressed with their workmanship and customer service, and this way, everything will come from one place. They can make my band and resize my ering for me and I''ll be done!

But I do hate that you guys are all liking the channel set better! In person, it looks busy and distracting next to my ering. Oh well! I really do appreciate everyone''s feedback. It''s given me lots to think about!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
They both look good for different reasons. The channel metal matches the ering metal (very sophisticated), but the shared prong gives that "princess" feel that everyone likes. It will be interesting to see how they match the heights in the end. I expect it will be very pretty.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2007 9:52:47 PM
Author: gailrmv
By themselves, I prefer the shared prong. With your e-ring, I prefer the channel set.
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
I know I''m chiming in a little late, but I think you made a great decision as I liked the shared prong band more! I know that the channel set is more matchy matchy, but I think the combo of a beautiful solitaire and a shared prong band is outstanding! PLUS you get the benefit of the great stand-alone band!

Congrats!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2007 11:42:57 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 6/20/2007 9:52:47 PM
Author: gailrmv
By themselves, I prefer the shared prong. With your e-ring, I prefer the channel set.
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!
THRITTO!!! I have to agree - I''m a sucker for shared prong bands...and I LOVE the one you have, but the channel looks better with the ering.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
The channel set goes the best with your ering. It doesn''t overpower it, just compliments it in a timeless, elegant, classic way. The shared prong, while I love the style, it overpowers the ering. It would look lovely alone or as a RHR, but the channel set looks more elegant with your ering. Enjoy!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really--I don''t think it overpowers it at all--it seems like a much more understated look than the more bulky, metally channel set. Hmmmm

ML2014

Rough_Rock
Hi Katiedid...

When I look at your e-ring with the shared prong, my eyes are immediately drawn to the shared prong eternity ring . They look beautiful together, its just that your e-ring doesn''t pop out (the eternity band does). When I look at the picture of the e-ring with the channel set eternity band, I see two rings that look like they belong together (Neither one trumps the other and they both take center stage).

What look do you prefer? That''s all that matters- they are both lovely.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
I hope I''m not too late, but I wanted to chime in for the channel set ring. I have both a prong set eternity band, and a channel. I like both, but the channel setting looks better IMO, and it''s more practical and comfortable. With your ering, I actually like the way the channel setting looks better than the prong setting. Both look nice, but the channel setting just looks more fluid to me.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for shared prong
36.gif
36.gif
It looks like you are Cinderella with that ring combination! I love, love, love it!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks to all of you for your feedback - I really do appreciate it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results