carat
color
clarity

Pics are in!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 10:45:36 AM
Author: cluelessguy2010
so assuming i do now see the prongs off a little, do i just live with it or do i send it back even though i spoke to brian on the phone when he had the ring in front of him and he said its fine...he will probably think im crazy..lol....
im crossing my fingers that when i see it i cant notice it at all and i could put the worry to bed.
Chances are you won''t even be able to see it. Just many people see colors or inclusions better than me, I see shapes and distances better then most. If you do get it and can see it I would call back to BGD. I''m sure they would tweak it for you. It''s such a beautiful ring.
30.gif
30.gif

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 12:13:05 PM
Author: slg47

so assuming i do now see the prongs off a little, do i just live with it or do i send it back even though i spoke to brian on the phone when he had the ring in front of him and he said its fine...he will probably think im crazy..lol....

im crossing my fingers that when i see it i cant notice it at all and i could put the worry to bed.

I would send it back if you can see it, if it really bothers you. However, I would also trust Brian that it was an artifact of the photo (and in the photo the difference is VERY slight, it is NOT obvious at all), so hopefully when you get it you will just be blinded by how gorgeous it is!
ok..ill try :)
he also told me that with x prongs, sometimes prongs arent 100% even since the way one prong comes up on inside and one on the outside...so they make it as even as possible..i trust him though, so hopefully i wont notice it even when looking for it....if it was off, i doubt he would tell me its fine and ship it off anyway...hes a professional and has a reputation to uphold so im sure its fine..im probably worrying for no reason.....im still waiting for it to be delivered, i keep tracking it so i know when i can go get it..just says in transit, supposed to be delivered today...im getting antsy

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 12:16:08 PM

Date: 6/23/2010 12:13:05 PM
Author: slg47

I would send it back if you can see it, if it really bothers you. However, I would also trust Brian that it was an artifact of the photo (and in the photo the difference is VERY slight, it is NOT obvious at all), so hopefully when you get it you will just be blinded by how gorgeous it is!
ok..ill try :)
he also told me that with x prongs, sometimes prongs arent 100% even since the way one prong comes up on inside and one on the outside...so they make it as even as possible..i trust him though, so hopefully i wont notice it even when looking for it....if it was off, i doubt he would tell me its fine and ship it off anyway...hes a professional and has a reputation to uphold so im sure its fine..im probably worrying for no reason.....im still waiting for it to be delivered, i keep tracking it so i know when i can go get it..just says in transit, supposed to be delivered today...im getting antsy

With the great reputation they have he probably carried it back to the bench after he go off the phone with just to have the jeweler take another look and tweak it if he saw anything. Relax, you picked a good vendor who''ll take care of you.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
just picked up the ring.!! its beautiful!! i havent been able to look to close at the prong situation yet, im at work, i dont want anyone to know whats going on.....the stone and the ring look a little smaller then i thought..maybe caus eim so used to seeing magnifying pictures online?? but i pictured 1.293 ct a little larger and the setting band a little wider..but its gorgeous!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well maybe because you are comparing it to your manly hands :razz:

1.293 is a really nice size (much bigger than what I am getting!) I''m sure your GF will love it!!! and please post real pics when you get a chance!

valchiria

Shiny_Rock
photo, photo, photo, photo
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamonds always look much smaller than we expect! It is a nice big size though, I am sure your gf will love it.

Now get us some photos man!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
i will get some pictures as soon as i can..im at work right now, and unfiortunately she lives with me..so i will have to sneak it somehow.. :) im excited...!! now a 2 month wait till proposal day
7.gif
lol

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 2:37:02 PM
i will get some pictures as soon as i can..im at work right now, and unfiortunately she lives with me..so i will have to sneak it somehow.. :) im excited...!! now a 2 month wait till proposal day
7.gif
lol
LOL! Don''t even take it home, go to the bank at lunch and get a safety box and put it in. Otherwise, I predict you will be engaged by the weekend
3.gif

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 2:37:59 PM
Author: dreamer_d

7.gif
lol
LOL! Don''t even take it home, go to the bank at lunch and get a safety box and put it in. Otherwise, I predict you will be engaged by the weekend
3.gif
hahaha..no faith in me!! lol...i would love to give it now..i have to restrain myself..i have the pefect opportunity for a good place to do it

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock

7.gif
lol
3.gif
+1 Take it now before you take it home lol

I am sure the stone looks small compared to your large hands. The size of stone you picked is substantial in size compared to average and I am sure will look fabulous on her hand. Especially IIRC, she has a smaller ring size (or am I wrong on that? if I am forgive me)

I can''t wait for more pics!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 2:45:32 PM
Author: clgwli

7.gif
lol
3.gif
+1 Take it now before you take it home lol

I am sure the stone looks small compared to your large hands. The size of stone you picked is substantial in size compared to average and I am sure will look fabulous on her hand. Especially IIRC, she has a smaller ring size (or am I wrong on that? if I am forgive me)

I can''t wait for more pics!
size 6 ring size....at least thats what she told me she is, so hopefully it fits

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
is size 6 big, or do you think thats mall enough finger to make the ring look substantial?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
WE WANT PICS!

WE WANT PICS!

WE WANT PICS!

Oh, and go ahead and take it home so you get engaged by the weekend. That way we don''t have to wait so long for the hand shots.
9.gif
9.gif

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
i took 2 crappy pics with my iphone and copied and pasted into paint..i keep getting errors to try and post...under 100kb and the name of the file has no symbols or anything

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 3:15:50 PM
Author: Lone_Wolfe
WE WANT PICS!

WE WANT PICS!

WE WANT PICS!

Oh, and go ahead and take it home so you get engaged by the weekend. That way we don''t have to wait so long for the hand shots.
9.gif
9.gif
haha...im trying my best to take some with my phone..not the best quality or lighting but at least for now...but cant get it to post

tanj

Shiny_Rock
Trade
its beautiful!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joining the party late, but I will chime in that I''m excited to see the real deal! And I have to say, it does my heart well to see the other side of the proposal process. You boys are great and your gf/soon-to-be Mrs. are lucky ladies.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
i just examined the ring and do see slightly where the prongs are a hair uneven...i doubt any one will notice though...so as long as its not going to cause the stone to be loose i guess there is nothink i could do about it...

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is exquisite! You have done a terrific job. And yes please post some pictures now that you have the ring in hand.
9.gif

. . . . . . . . . . . . Please . . . . . . . . .
5.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve come to this thread late too, but I don''t think 1.29 carats is small at all, especially for a size 6 finger. I think most ladies are thrilled to be wearing a full carat and you''ve surpassed that by a lot. What Brian said is true of x-prong rings. I''ve seen many and the very nature of the x makes it difficult for it to appear perfectly symmetrical. I think the prongs look fine in the photos. I''m looking forward to real life photos too.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
You did great!!!!!!!! What a beautiful ring!!!! She''s gonna love it!!! Don''t forget to come back with handshots once you propose!!! Good luck!!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
It''s just beautiful!!!

Best of luck with the proposal.
35.gif

Cachette
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 4:02:02 PM
i just examined the ring and do see slightly where the prongs are a hair uneven...i doubt any one will notice though...so as long as its not going to cause the stone to be loose i guess there is nothink i could do about it...
You can ask for it to be fixed, but it may not be possible since as Brain said the cross prongs make it harder to line them up *perfectly*. As I said, minor asymmetries are normal in my opinion. I think if you had to "examine" it to see it, then it could even be all in your mind anyways
2.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring!!!! Congrats!!!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
It is a beautiful ring. I am sure your lady will be so blinded by that beautiful diamond that prongs will be the last thing she will notice!!

Good luck with the proposal.
35.gif

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
im trying to take pictures but im having a hard time getting good pictures..they keep coming out blurry

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 4:42:02 PM
Author: kenny
You need to change your name.

You definitely have a clue.

That''s gorgeous.

Ditto. The setting is perfect. Did Brian make that for you? It''s gorgeous. She''s going to love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results