yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10.gif

30.gif

36.gif

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
does the setting look a little low? just curious everyones thoughts on that...or is it perfect?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! And not low at all; just perfect!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
thanks guys..thanks for everyones help over the past month!! i will try and sneak some pics when i get it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well done!!! Gorgeous diamond and ring!
2.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Nice!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You were asking about the way the stone is set, I did see one tiny flaw. The prong at 8 oclock seems shifted just a bit toward the shank. I''m sure they''ll fix that if it matters to you.

You sure picked out a nice one!
36.gif
Kenny is right, you aint clueless!

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
it turned out great!!! i think its set perfect, too!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice, good luck with the next step. :razz:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 4:49:40 PM
Author: yssie
10.gif

30.gif

36.gif

Ditto!!!! Congrats on a wonderful ring

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful :) :) :) you did a great job!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 5:05:35 PM
Author: Lone_Wolfe
You were asking about the way the stone is set, I did see one tiny flaw. The prong at 8 oclock seems shifted just a bit toward the shank. I''m sure they''ll fix that if it matters to you
hee hee eagle eyes
2.gif

CLueless it is very unlikely you would notice that in person, I find it hard even to see in the pics. But of course, if it bothers you I am sure they can fix it.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 5:05:35 PM
Author: Lone_Wolfe
Nice!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You were asking about the way the stone is set, I did see one tiny flaw. The prong at 8 oclock seems shifted just a bit toward the shank. I''m sure they''ll fix that if it matters to you.

You sure picked out a nice one!
36.gif
Kenny is right, you aint clueless!
i called BGD when i got home from work and spoke to brian..he said the ring is not perfectly straight in the picture..he said you can see 6 side diamonds on one side and 7 on the other which means its off center a little bit..he said he had the ring in front of him and said they looked even...i guess i will see when it comes..thanks for pointing it out though....do you think the ring being a little off center in the pic could cause the prongs too look uneven?

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
if they are a little off, is that anything to be concerned about with diamond security??

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2010 10:06:59 PM
Author: cluelessguy2010
if they are a little off, is that anything to be concerned about with diamond security??
In this case, with that amt of variation, not at all
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
NONONONONO. I think it is an artifact of the photo, and I am sorry that you are worried now... such miniscule asymmetires, if they even exist, are common in jewlery and not a concern in my opinion. I will mail you $100 if you get the ring and it looks off to you
2.gif

BTW I think one of my prongs is not bent at exactly the same angle as another... *shrug* only someone with OCD who take 40x pics of their rings would notice.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
ok, well hopefully brian is right and it was just the picture...he said he was looking at it as we were speaking and it looked perfectly even..lol..i probably sounded crazy on the phone..but i figured before they ship it i may as well have him look...im sure if he did see it he wouldnt say it was fine...hopefully it doesnt look off to me..cause i know myself..im anal once its in my head so i will be looking..lol
thanks guys.! appreciate all the help

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember, though, jewelery is not made to be examined with a loupe or a microscope, it is not meant to be measured with calipers or examined for 30 minutes 3 inches from the eye.
2.gif
If you do those things you will find flaws. I am very picky, but I firmly believe that you should not go looking too hard for trouble. Look at it up close for a few minutes, from a distance, and if it looks good then just enjoy!

valchiria

Shiny_Rock
Congrats. Gorgeous
1.gif

I wish you''ll post real life photo soon

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!! I bet you will just love it in person.

As for the maybe-possible-can''t quite tell flaw, I had a ring where a prong was off a little and it was fine for years and years of use. Kind of bugged me, but not enough for me to get it fixed. It stayed that way for about 7 years before I changed the center stone without any issues.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone...im just a little anal, especially when i spent alot of money and want it to be perfect..also a couple years ago, my friends fiance lost her stone, it just popped out, and the prongs barely looked bent...so i guess its just also a little worry that something like this could compromise the stone...but that was white gold and this is platinum and i think i read on here that platinum is stronger, so hopefully the stone wont go anywhereif it really is off a little, which it may not be..according to Brian its the pictures and the angle...anyway, thanks everyone...i will attempt to sneak some pictures of it as soon as i can.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 8:59:45 AM
thanks everyone...im just a little anal, especially when i spent alot of money and want it to be perfect..also a couple years ago, my friends fiance lost her stone, it just popped out, and the prongs barely looked bent...so i guess its just also a little worry that something like this could compromise the stone...but that was white gold and this is platinum and i think i read on here that platinum is stronger, so hopefully the stone wont go anywhereif it really is off a little, which it may not be..according to Brian its the pictures and the angle...anyway, thanks everyone...i will attempt to sneak some pictures of it as soon as i can.
I don''t blame you for being anal, with the amount of money you spent. Even if the one prong is uneven it won''t affect the hold on the stone. It''s not going anywhere. That''s just something I notice easily even though I''m not OCD or anything. My eyes just naturally spot anything that''s not symetrical. I have an oval diamond where one prong is a little off and it drives me nuts. The only reason I''ve never gotten it fixed is I plan to reset the stone and don''t wear it like it is.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anal can be a good thing
3.gif

The ring turned out gorgeous! After you give it to your FI you can show her all your treads working on the ring. She will
be really impressed!

Congrats, its beautiful!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
so assuming i do now see the prongs off a little, do i just live with it or do i send it back even though i spoke to brian on the phone when he had the ring in front of him and he said its fine...he will probably think im crazy..lol....
im crossing my fingers that when i see it i cant notice it at all and i could put the worry to bed.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 10:45:36 AM
so assuming i do now see the prongs off a little, do i just live with it or do i send it back even though i spoke to brian on the phone when he had the ring in front of him and he said its fine...he will probably think im crazy..lol....

im crossing my fingers that when i see it i cant notice it at all and i could put the worry to bed.

I would send it back if you can see it, if it really bothers you. However, I would also trust Brian that it was an artifact of the photo (and in the photo the difference is VERY slight, it is NOT obvious at all), so hopefully when you get it you will just be blinded by how gorgeous it is!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results