shape
carat
color
clarity

Picking up my dress at 12:15, a little scared!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I'm looking at it, and I still love it. I don't know why. Tell me it's ugly ladies. I'm doing the pictures of my actual gown now. For some reason, I'm really shy, I think it's because it's the dress. I regret my choice, and now have to live with it.

Ugh. I'm 5 pound heavier in that pic and I look like a stick. It was so flattering.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Pls post the other one cos I am loving the Pronovias on you! You have such an amazing figure!! I need something to compare it to. But I will be brutally honest about which one I prefer, with no regard for money already spent...be warned
11.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Porridge,

Ok, here goes. Back first. The dress was actually quite big on me still.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
The back (it''s all out there ladies) no hiding the least favorite part of my body.

DSCF0662palomback.jpg

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Ally, I am having trouble seeing you as fat. Both dresses look amazing on you.

ETA: If you are fat, than I must be huge.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
SHUT UP!! You are adorable and TINY! And you will look BEAUTIFUL on your wedding day.

ETA: And I love the little buttons alllll the way down the back!
9.gif

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 6:23:00 PM
Author: teapot
Ally, I am having trouble seeing you as fat. Both dresses look amazing on you.

ETA: If you are fat, than I must be huge.
I agree! Lets see the front.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 6:20:07 PM
Author: allycat0303
Porridge,

Ok, here goes. Back first. The dress was actually quite big on me still.

Might this be a big reason you felt meh about it? If it doesn't fit right, you're obviously not going to see the big picture.

Echoing everyone else: You're teeny tiny! Now show us the front of that stunning Paloma.
2.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Teapot: No no, I'm not saying I'm fat. I'm saying I didn't want to show my rear end in a dress (because it's not my favorite part of my body). Please don't take it that way. We all have body issues, and mine is my rear. Sorry
7.gif

Ebree: I don't know. I think I was meh because I was feeling self conscious and not *me*. Also, I think my hair looks really fake, ya know? I was looking at the pictures, and I think it looks a little unnatural. I don't know, I feel like an imposter.

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
You look great in the new dress Ally!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 6:21:34 PM
Author: allycat0303
The back (it''s all out there ladies) no hiding the least favorite part of my body.

", she said, while draping the veil over her hips...
28.gif

So far, Allycat, I think you have a cute figure in both dresses.

That said, that first Pronovias gown is a killer. Wow.

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
Ally, it looks great from the back!! Can''t wait to see the front!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
fleur-de-lis: Darn it. I knew it. That pronovias dress was the one that really spoke to me. AND my fiance loves it! I should have bought that instead.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you look great - i LOVE the way the back dips down so low....can''t wait to see the front!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I see why you loved the first dress. It''s stunning.

However, I love the back of this new dress! It''s beautiful. You''ve got a wonderful shape in it, and I don''t notice anything about your bum other than that you seem very well proportioned. I definitely understand about having really specific issues with one part of your body (I''m super self concious about my knees. My knees, for Pete''s sake!), especially when it''s the part that everybody will be looking at while you get married! (Gosh, I hope me saying that didn''t freak you out. I''m assuming that''s part of why you''re nervous about this dress.)

I honestly think that given everything you''ve gone through this year, if it''s financially possible to get the old dress you should do it. In normal circumstances I''m all for saying, "You''ve already paid for it, you liked it enough to buy it, get the dress." And it''s not like it''s actually bad luck. You two didn''t call off the wedding and then decide to get married again. You got elbowed out of the day you''d been dreaming of. So get the dress you dreamt of!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Please ingore the hair. Super self conscious about it. I got the feeling everyone in the store was looking at the fake hair.

pballgrr.jpg

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I misunderstood. I think you look amazing in both dresses. I don''t think the dress makes your rear look bad either. Sometimes the dresses that aren''t "you" make you look better. I got a mermaid style dress and that was totally not me, at least I thought it wasn''t.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
The Pronovias is beautiful, but the back of the second dress? WOW! It looks absolutely stunning on you and is so feminine (the dip in the back, the buttons!). You have an amazing figure and I think it compliments that! I can''t wait to see the front (hint, hint) :)

You look beautiful!!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, if the front of the new dress is as stunning as the back of it is, I think I''ll like it more than your original dress. Can''t wait to see the pictures! You have a gorgeous figure, and I think the back of the dress anyway is very flattering on you.

Having said that, if you do decide to go with the first dress, I don''t think it''s bad luck. I think it''s only bad luck to wear the same dress if it''s a different FI
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
My mom trying to get a close up picture. Crooked for some stange reason.

DSCF0656crooked2.jpg

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I actually think the first dress is kinda *meh* and LOVE the second one! I think it looks fantastic on you and gives you SUCH a great shape!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 6:38:33 PM
Author: musincy
Honestly, if the front of the new dress is as stunning as the back of it is, I think I''ll like it more than your original dress. Can''t wait to see the pictures! You have a gorgeous figure, and I think the back of the dress anyway is very flattering on you.

Having said that, if you do decide to go with the first dress, I don''t think it''s bad luck. I think it''s only bad luck to wear the same dress if it''s a different FI
1.gif
Oops... apparently I posted at the same time as you.
20.gif

I LOOOOVE your new dress. It''s stunning! My honest opinion would be to go with the new dress. I think it''s a little more flattering.

But, of course, you''re the one that has to love it and be comfortable, so only you can make the decision in the end...

E B

Ideal_Rock
You want the truth?

I LOVE the Paloma on you. I think it looks fantastic and it isn't even properly fitted to your body. It highlights your tiny little waist, shows some curve, and I love the lace detailing at the bust and at the hem.

Before you make a decision, I'd sleep on it and think about certain factors that may have contributed to the feeling of 'meh': the incorrect size, feeling self-conscious about the hair, and about how your hiney might look in a mermaid.

Both dresses are beautiful in different ways, and when it comes down to it, you should choose the one that makes you feel the most beautiful. Remember, though- you'll have a long veil on during the ceremony, and at the reception, people won't be focusing on your bum, they'll be focusing on your beautiful face.

(Well, the groom might sneak a few peeks.
3.gif
)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 6:39:43 PM
Author: PearlDahhhling
I actually think the first dress is kinda *meh* and LOVE the second one! I think it looks fantastic on you and gives you SUCH a great shape!

My thoughts exactly, Pearl! I thought the old one looked great before I saw the new one, but I honestly have to say I like the Paloma on you a lot more! The dress really skims your curves in a nice way.

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 6:39:43 PM
Author: PearlDahhhling
Agreed! I wasn''t really liking the neckline of dress one on you, but I love everything about dress two, even if it is a bit big! Beautiful! Look how tiny your waist looks!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I honestly just think you are having some nostalgia for what might have been. The Pronovias dress is pretty, but the second dress is AMAZING on you! Can we talk about your waist for a second? Day-um! Your waistline is totally lost in the bodice of the Pronovias dress. With that seam cutting across your waist and the contrasting rouching between the bust and the bodice in the Pronovias dress, you loose all your shape. I seriously feel like it isn''t the dress for you. In the second dress, it''s more like, "Hello, my name is Allycat and I am a bombshell!"

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i think the second one gives you a beautiful shape! i love the back of the dress. and with the veil, it covers it nicely!
Don''t worry to much about that hair - i am sure you can work with a stylist on that (not that it looks bad, but as you said its not how you want it).

with that said, if you can finacially afford your favorite dress, go for it. if not, the second still looks amazing on you!

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 6:46:57 PM
Author: katamari
I honestly just think you are having some nostalgia for what might have been. The Pronovias dress is pretty, but the second dress is AMAZING on you! Can we talk about your waist for a second? Day-um! Your waistline is totally lost in the bodice of the Pronovias dress. With that seam cutting across your waist and the contrasting rouching between the bust and the bodice in the Pronovias dress, you loose all your shape. I seriously feel like it isn''t the dress for you. In the second dress, it''s more like, ''Hello, my name is Allycat and I am a bombshell!''

Ditto!! I am with Kat here... and I think the neckline and dip in the back on the Paloma are much more flattering!
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
My best friend said "You're going to learn to love it"

Princess: So funny about your knees, but I get it. It's pyschological. Some women it's their ankles.

Fleur de Lys: She made me try on a short veil, and I was like "NOOOOO! I want one that trails on the floor" I hear you loud and clear
2.gif

StarbuttsKoffee, pan_manda, violet3, NewEnglandLady, musincy, PearlDahhhling, jstarfireb: Thanks gals. I think it's going to grow on me more as the days go on. I'm probably not looking at it subjectively right now. Maybe because I had really high expectations about it, that it can't possibly live up to what I thought it would be.

Katmari: you're so funny. I am not the bombshell type of gal. I'm more "which corner can I hide in" I think my fiance will like this dress though. I think it's more what he envisioned his wife would look like, so that's a plus.

Summertime: I actually showed the pronovias to a guy and he didn't like the neckline either. Thought it was too funky. Let's home husband-to-be is of the same accord.

EBree: I can't sleep on it because I already bought the Paloma. It's already in my closet right now (I had ordered it a while ago) it was also made hollow-to-hem for me, so I can't do anything about it. But I'm glad you like the paloma better not knowing I had bought it. Makes me feel like I made the right choice.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
LOVE the 2nd dress! Perfect for you! The 1st one is pretty but WOW!! to the 2nd one! You should have NO doubts and wear it and know that you look amazing in it!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results