shape
carat
color
clarity

Picking up my dress at 12:15, a little scared!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I can swap bums with you if you like
31.gif
, but somehow I think I will get the better deal
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
, you have a fantastic figure - absolutely nothing to worry about.

You look beautiful in both, but the second one does accentuate your tiny waist and your figure and looks UBER faboo on you. Really whichever you pick you will be stunning :).

Princess I hate my knees as well, I think they are ugly and should be covered at all costs at all times.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Ally, I have come back to this thread multiple times just to admire you in this dress--it looks so stunning on you that I can''t even imagine you thinking of another dress! That dress was MADE For you, it fits your figure perfectly! You''re going to look so beautiful.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the second dress. The pronovias is just alright whereas the paloma is amazing! I adore that dress and it looks perfect on you.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to chime in with the rest, and my honest opinion is that the second dress is far more stunning on you than the first!!

I love how it fits you (and thats with it being a bit big as u said! so i can only imagine how much better it would look when fitted properly)...its a gorgeous and stunning dress and i see nothing wrong with ur hair either..

ur going to be one knock-out bride..

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm late posting in the thread but it seems to be pretty unanimous... WE LOVE YOU IN THAT SECOND GOWN. Oh my it's fantastic!
30.gif
I hope you grow to love it because I think you look absolutely stunning in it. Your hubby is going to want to bail from the celebrations early when he sees you in that!
31.gif
2.gif

As for your hair, if you hadn't mentioned the hair piece and if I didn't know about the accident and all you went through, I wouldn't have known the hair was fake. You know and are self conscious about it, but I just wanted to assure you it's not as obvious as you feel.

Congratulations! You're going to be absolutely beautiful on your wedding day!
36.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree that the second dress far outshines the first. It looks stunning on you.

I am positive that once it is fitted to you properly it will be just perfect.

You do have to feel completely comfortable in what you wear though. I really hope that you learn to love it as much as we do.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally I am nothing if not honest, and I really love that second dress on you!!!

The one thing I think might make it look better is to get a more understated bow. You have such a gorgeous figure and the bow is the one thing that hides it IMO.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Ally, 100% for sure the Paloma dress on you (like everyone else says).

Re: you tush. Lady, you look fan-tabulous in that dress. The dress is very classy and accentuates your figure perfectly. Honestly you can see your figure from the back, but that neon sign you''re imagining? Not there. :) All I see is a gorgeous bride :)

Re: the hair extensions, you said you feel uncomfortable about that. Can you take them to your hair trial and have them do something with it. I think you don''t like it because it''s not styled or "done up." Your opinion might change after it''s been done up nice and proper.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 7:38:12 PM
Author: allycat0303
The med school thing, oh my gosh, that''s an agony all in it''s own. The reason I went to get my fake hair and the dress was because all I''ve been doing is sitting in front of the computer screen pressing refresh, waiting for an interview invitation that is NOT coming. Did I mention that interview period ends on FRIDAY? Icekid is keeping me sane by saying ''it''s going to be ok.''
6.gif
. I have my very last exam next Friday and haven''t opened a book, because my attention is always on the computer.

Oh, are you applying to med school this year? Good luck...I''m sure you''ll get into some great places! Waiting for non-rolling admission schools is really tough. I''m a resident now, so if you ever have any questions, find me!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, you (and the dress) are BREATHTAKING! I say that with all honesty. The Paloma dress does amazing things to your already amazing figure.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

I don''t know how to thank you for all the kind words. I can not possibly like my dress more, when the stylish ladies of PS say it is the RIGHT choice. I wouldn''t say I''m fashioned impaired, but I have a really hard time being objective when it''s on my body. Believe it or not, I actually had my SISTER try on some wedding dresses for me in order to try and get feeling for what they looked like.

Porridge: Wishing your best friend the very best of luck during the residency applications! Everyone SAYS we will survive, even though it doesn''t always feel like it.

jstarfireb: I''m finishing med school in 2 weeks! But went unmatched in the residency applications
39.gif
. Didn''t cast a wide enough net, not competitive enough, I don''t know. In Canada I''m waiting for interview invites for the second iteration...and so far it has been radio silence (with 2 days to go) so feeling like I might be an MD without being able to practice ANYWHERE. We''ll see how it goes.

Freke: The shoes can be ANY height. I think higher is better though, so I can get some height. I saw a pair of Jimmy Choos in Instyle that were pretty. Will be looking for them soon. I think I like platform helps too, might make the heel shorter.

Hudson Hawk, lliang_chi, neat freak, merrymunky, girlie-girl, msb700, bee, NewEnglandLady, OUpeargirl, redroses229, swingirl, Rachie, CDNinNYC, Clairitek, sammyj, kittybean, Sparkly Libra, luvinlife, Haven, redfaerythinker, Big Diamonds, havernell, Tempi, NuggetBrain, pocahontas, Sparkalicious, Deelight: Thank you to all the amazing ladies that took the time to write. Yesturday my fiance was feeling the bottom of the dress through it''s bag, and he was touching the crinoline (for the flared out part) and he said "It''s pouffy. You actually bought a pouffy dress, eventhough I don''t like them." I told him that it was nice and pouffy and the ladies of PS said "you''re going to love it" He kind of shook his head and walked away. I''m going to have to take it out of the hosue though, I think he''s going to look.
Mediterranean: I was going to wear a really simple veil. I''m not an avant-garde kind of girl, so I''m begining to be glad I didn''t buy the pronovias. I would have worn it as is, with no jewelery and a simple tulle veil. And the necklace *sigh* my mom is desperate for me to wear that too, but I was planning on doing no jewelery. I''m not a really jewelery-wearing kind of gal. I was hoping to dress it up with the long veil. Also, my veill is going to be custom made for me (silk tulle) and we''re going to embelish it with sparkly beads and crystaly in little splashes, just flowing down the back (none around the edging or new the face).

Thanks everyone!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 1:01:42 PM

jstarfireb: I''m finishing med school in 2 weeks! But went unmatched in the residency applications
39.gif
. Didn''t cast a wide enough net, not competitive enough, I don''t know. In Canada I''m waiting for interview invites for the second iteration...and so far it has been radio silence (with 2 days to go) so feeling like I might be an MD without being able to practice ANYWHERE. We''ll see how it goes.

Aww, Ally, sorry to hear about the match. My fiance actually matched this year at a program 300 miles away from mine, so I''m not very thrilled with the whole process either. In fact, it''s pretty much pure torture. I hope the next 2 days bring good news for you!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally -- the Pronovias is lovely, but your new dress looks like it was designed specifically to flatter you! You will be a stunning, memorable bride.

Good luck with your exams and with your residency search!

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Ok I''ll add my two cents: I LOVE the Paloma on you! WOW is all I have to say. The PS ladies are right telling you that the second dress is a major hit. Once you get it tailored specifically to your shape it will look even more amazing than it already does. I love the back, but I am partial to that look since mine is the same.

I am glad to hear that you are beginning to like it more because it really is a lovely gown! If it makes you feel any better I have not been totally in love with my dress, but everyone who has seen me it in tells me differently. Sometimes I think us women can get way too critical of ourselves and it is good to get outside perspectives! Congrats on a great pick :)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I love the 2nd dress... and OMG you are BEAUTIFUL. Really a beautiful woman. I don''t know what you are talking about... you have awesome curves... definately make that trumpet SING!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the second dress!!! You look so incredible in it. Believe me, there are no rear end issues in that dress! It is far more flattering than the first dress. I kind of feel like the first dress did a lot to hide all of you. Maybe that made you feel more comforatable? This second dress highlights everything that is great about your body. Wear it with confidence because you look fantastic!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi ally! i was thinking ''oh, gee, i can''t post to this because the pronovias is beautiful and i of course do not want to upset her.....''

then i saw the paloma. oh. my. god. there is no comparison! you would have made a lovely bride in the provonias but you will make a breathtaking one in the paloma! you made the right decision, and i really hope you come to appreciate what a knockout you are and will be on your wedding day and can enjoy looking spectacular!

just wanted to add, might it be the hair that are coloring your feelings about the dress too? i can relate to how you feel... i am a corner-seeker myself and even wearing acrylics makes me feel like someone has put a spotlight on me that follows me around and makes me feel like a fish out of water. your hair looks great, nothing amiss at all, but i know when i dont'' feel comfortable that''s it, i. don''t. feel. comfortable. i say try working out the hair and then revisit the dress, see if that helps your impression of it.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

Yesturday my fiance was feeling the bottom of the dress through it''s bag, and he was touching the crinoline (for the flared out part) and he said ''It''s pouffy. You actually bought a pouffy dress, eventhough I don''t like them.'' I told him that it was nice and pouffy and the ladies of PS said ''you''re going to love it'' He kind of shook his head and walked away. I''m going to have to take it out of the hosue though, I think he''s going to look.

I would have actually hit him
29.gif

He''ll be eating those words when he sees you!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
I''m late to this thread but I wanted to say you look AWESOME in #2. I really love #1 too, the simplicity and style of it speaks to me. But the back of #2... goodness! I have a soft spot for those v-backs and buttons down to the train... gets me every time.

Your FI will be THRILLED when he sees you on your big day. I''m sure of it
1.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally, I love the second dress on you! You look amazing, and you have a beautiful figure!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 8:09:27 PM
Author: Porridge

Hey everyone,

Yesturday my fiance was feeling the bottom of the dress through it''s bag, and he was touching the crinoline (for the flared out part) and he said ''It''s pouffy. You actually bought a pouffy dress, eventhough I don''t like them.'' I told him that it was nice and pouffy and the ladies of PS said ''you''re going to love it'' He kind of shook his head and walked away. I''m going to have to take it out of the hosue though, I think he''s going to look.

I would have actually hit him
29.gif

He''ll be eating those words when he sees you!

Ditto. Make sure you get that in writing. He''ll have to hit himself! Men...what do they know?
20.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I had to come and check out the photos! Seriously ally, you look fan-frickin-tastic! I absolutely adore the second dress on you. It''s so romantic! I agree w/ neatfreak about possibly toning down the bow a bit, but other than that it is perfection. Hockeyguy will looooooove it (in spite of his boy silliness).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ally - I agree with the others, the Paloma is killer on you, and I really think you made the right choice - its such a classic look, and once its altered to fit you I think it will be absolutely amazing
9.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
IMHO, both dresses are very pretty on you but there is a certain romantic feel about the 2nd dress on you and I
30.gif
IT on you! You have an AWESOME figure and there is NOTHING to worry about at all. You look so good that I didn''t notice your hair at all. I''m pretty sure that a good hairstylist can sort that out, if you think that it needed to be fixed.

If you are still self-conscious, you can pull a Beyonce and have a Allycat''s version of "Sasha Fierce" (behind closed doors first if you want).
9.gif
You look BEAUTIFUL in the Paloma dress!! Flaunt it!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So, I just saw the front of this gown, and I am now going to hop on the bandwagon with everybody that LOVES this second dress. Seriously, Ally. It''s amazing. It accentuates your gorgeous curves, and has a fun, feminine, romantic feel to it that you''d making a killing if you could bottle up and sell. AMAZING.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS you BOMBSHELL!! Your dress looks friggin gorgeous on you! I LOVE IT!
BTW, we''re not only Paloma twins, BUT date twins too! June 27th represent
049.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Dude. Seriously. You look AMAZING in that second dress!!!
30.gif
And it''s not even fitted yet. I think you''re fiancee was on to something here. There''s a REASON he wants you to wear a figure hugging dress. You''re a tiny little thing with a great figure, so obviously you look great in both dresses. But that second one REALLY does wonders for you! I''m getting the idea from your posts that you''re not the kind of girl who is really comfortable flaunting your amazing body, which is fine. But girl---- it''s your WEDDING DAY!!! You look smokin'' hot in that second one and if my butt was as cute as yours, I''d have insisted on a mermaid gown.
16.gif

I can totally understand wanting to be comfortable on your big day. You seem really uncomfortable with the hair. Maybe try something with your natural hair and get that dress fitted perfectly. Then take a look at yourself and remember that your DF is going to be drooling over you all day!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
You look beautiful in both dresses, but I love the second one,
30.gif
30.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 2nd dress!!!!!!!!!!! It''s such a beautiful style that (my personal taste loves) You look amazing in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results