shape
carat
color
clarity

Picking up my dress at 12:15, a little scared!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ok, brutal honesty here! I actually really like both dresses, but as the girls pointed out, the second one does wonders for your figure. The first one looks great too, I love the style but it doesn''t emphasis your FAN-FREAKIN-TABULOUS!! figure as much.

That said, YOU need to feel 110% comfortable on your wedding day, you have to have the dress that you really love. Your DF is going to love it no matter which dress you chose, and if you do chose the first one, he will be so taken with your beauty on your wedding day, he isn''t going to give it a second thought that you didn''t wear a mermaid dress. If you are going to feel like your (tiny!) butt is hanging out (which it is not, if you want to see butt, I can send you a pic of mine
41.gif
) then you are going to feel uncomfortable all day.

Why dont'' you think about it for a few days, and if you still want the other dress, sell the one you have a buy the other one. If it''s the one you want, then it''s the only one that''s going to make you happy sweetie - it''s your day!!!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Ally,

I think the new dress is STUNNING on you! I love what it does for your shape. I also love your hair. I''m sorry you felt self conscious today. Maybe it was just one of those days...

I like the pronovias dress too but I just think the new dress has that WOW factor. You''re going to be a gorgeous bride!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ally- I love the new dress. It looks amazing on you!! I have to agree with a few of the others, the first one made me say "Meh", but if you are a minimalist, then I can see why you are drawn to it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 6:43:36 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Date: 3/24/2009 6:39:43 PM
Author: PearlDahhhling
I actually think the first dress is kinda *meh* and LOVE the second one! I think it looks fantastic on you and gives you SUCH a great shape!
My thoughts exactly, Pearl! I thought the old one looked great before I saw the new one, but I honestly have to say I like the Paloma on you a lot more! The dress really skims your curves in a nice way.
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the second dress looks amazing on you!!! Way better than the first. You have a wonderful figure!!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ok I had to skip the replies and just post after looking at the pictures so I wouldn''t have my opinion coloured
2.gif
so I''m very sorry if I''m repeating or if *gulp* I say I prefer the dress you decided against! But I said I''d be honest, so...

I love the second one. I think it is just beautiful. I think it is classy and classic, but still pretty and unique. And I think from the back it is AMAZING. The buttons all the way down, the v-shape, the gorgeous train. I also think it suits you more around the chest area. Now that I see the second one, I honestly think the first one looks a little plain in comparison, although I do think that one is gorgeous too.

But the second one is special. You look really beautiful in it.

Obviously though this is an objective opinion and I don''t know you and it''s paramount that you''re comfortable in what you are wearing.

PS I''m super jealous that you manage to have both a teeny slim figure and enough of an hourglass shape to pull off these dresses! Not fair, you only get to have one or the other, it''s written in The Rules!!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
OK I went back and read the others! Seriously that dress is actually leaping off the screen! It''s so fabulous on you, everything about it flatters you and SHUT UP about your butt, it''s perfectly proportioned. (But I know what you mean - I would have an upper-arm transplant if I could. Hurry up with med school and sort that out for me wouldya?!)

Sigh. I love this dress. Your FI it going to be knocked off his socks. Great choice Ally
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
OMG I am so sorry that you don't feel comfortable in the new dress because it is STUNNING on you. You have the loveliest, most perfectly proportionate figure and this dress does wonders for you particularly from the back, which you say you hate, but also from the front, where that dress is just a stunner.

The first dress looks great, too, but that second dress -- wow.

ETA: "Does wonders for you" -- that sounds like your figure needs a dress that helps it out -- it doesn't! It's just that that dress is sooo gorgeous!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You''re going to walk down the aisle, and HG''s jaw is going to drop!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Porridge,

You are so sweet. Really, I could just hug you. The med school thing, oh my gosh, that's an agony all in it's own. The reason I went to get my fake hair and the dress was because all I've been doing is sitting in front of the computer screen pressing refresh, waiting for an interview invitation that is NOT coming. Did I mention that interview period ends on FRIDAY? Icekid is keeping me sane by saying "it's going to be ok."
6.gif
. I have my very last exam next Friday and haven't opened a book, because my attention is always on the computer.

Freke, Meresal: Oh my gosh...Forgot to tell you gals, it's hollow to hem, but they tacked the lace on, so (Drumroll....I can get ANY height heel I want. GASP. The wander of it all....) it can be shortened or lengthened.

lucyandronger, mscushion, choro: Thank you gals. I hope you're right. I told him he had to shed at least one tear (crocodile tear) I told him he could have an illicit bottle of eyedrops if needed.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
The second dress is absolutely incredible. You look fabulous in it! I also don''t see any issue with your hair. You''re beautiful!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 7:41:20 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
The second dress is absolutely incredible. You look fabulous in it! I also don''t see any issue with your hair. You''re beautiful!

Ditto! I actually think the first one was meh and the second was is WOW like someone else stated! PERFECT ON YOU!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I love the mermaid dress on you. Very becoming on your cute little figure. Pretty bodice and bow. But you are so pretty you'll be beautiful in either and YOU ARE THE BRIDE!

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 6:49:25 PM
Author: pan_manda
Date: 3/24/2009 6:46:57 PM

Author: katamari

I honestly just think you are having some nostalgia for what might have been. The Pronovias dress is pretty, but the second dress is AMAZING on you! Can we talk about your waist for a second? Day-um! Your waistline is totally lost in the bodice of the Pronovias dress. With that seam cutting across your waist and the contrasting rouching between the bust and the bodice in the Pronovias dress, you loose all your shape. I seriously feel like it isn''t the dress for you. In the second dress, it''s more like, ''Hello, my name is Allycat and I am a bombshell!''

Ditto!! I am with Kat here... and I think the neckline and dip in the back on the Paloma are much more flattering!
36.gif

Thritto! (If that is even possible
2.gif
) I am loving your second dress!
30.gif
It is extremely flattering and I am in love with the back! I love the dip and the buttons! You have a fabulous figure and this dress is doing wonders for you!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Allycat, that Paloma gown is gorgeous on you! You''re going to make a beautiful bride.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 7:38:12 PM
Author: allycat0303
Porridge,

You are so sweet. Really, I could just hug you. The med school thing, oh my gosh, that''s an agony all in it''s own. The reason I went to get my fake hair and the dress was because all I''ve been doing is sitting in front of the computer screen pressing refresh, waiting for an interview invitation that is NOT coming. Did I mention that interview period ends on FRIDAY? Icekid is keeping me sane by saying ''it''s going to be ok.''
6.gif
. I have my very last exam next Friday and haven''t opened a book, because my attention is always on the computer.

Freke, Meresal: Oh my gosh...Forgot to tell you gals, it''s hollow to hem, but they tacked the lace on, so (Drumroll....I can get ANY height heel I want. GASP. The wander of it all....) it can be shortened or lengthened.

lucyandronger, mscushion, choro: Thank you gals. I hope you''re right. I told him he had to shed at least one tear (crocodile tear) I told him he could have an illicit bottle of eyedrops if needed.

Aw, I''m sending hugs to help with all the stress at the moment! My friend is going through the same thing, she wants to get into general surgery. It''s so tough. Icekid is right though. I know it''s frustrating not knowing what''s going to happen, but you also know it will all work out. Now go do a little study!! At the very least it''ll get your mind off things. BACK AWAY FROM COMPUTER!

Eyedrops, rofl, you''re going to have to slap him on the back of the head to wake him up from his stupor! He''ll be all like "check her out, I''m MARRYING her!" and the minister will be all like "um, the correct line is "I do..." "

I''m also very exited about the endless possibilities of shoes...

Did I mention I love your dress?
2.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I honestly just think you are having some nostalgia for what might have been. The Pronovias dress is pretty, but the second dress is AMAZING on you! Can we talk about your waist for a second? Day-um! Your waistline is totally lost in the bodice of the Pronovias dress. With that seam cutting across your waist and the contrasting rouching between the bust and the bodice in the Pronovias dress, you loose all your shape. I seriously feel like it isn''t the dress for you. In the second dress, it''s more like, ''Hello, my name is Allycat and I am a bombshell!''
What she said! What she said!!!

I especially agree with the seam cuting across your waist on the Pronovias. Then again, I am boderline obsessed with Paloma Blanca gowns, that one in particular. I tried that one on myself but it was totally out of budget. I think it looks STUNNING on you! WOWZA!!!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Allycat,

You look absolutely beautiful in the Paloma. The sweetheart neckline, paired with the lace bodice is VERY appealing! Gives SUCH SUCH SUCH a beautiful look to your shoulders/decollete. You should get a mind-blowing necklace, that neckline/bodice design is lovely, and on you, it''s a showstopper.

I have to be honest -- the Pronovias is quite pretty, but I think (especially if you want a long, dramatic veil) that the Paloma would be a nicer balance between the the two elements of veil/gown. The Pronovias, because of its simplicity and single-style note seems more well suited to something like, for example a cage veil, or a feathers-and-crystals headpiece. More well-suited to a bride who wanted to do something avant-garde with the headpiece because the style is so mellow and understated.

I love the Paloma on you. I would bet money that your fiance gets teary-eyed when he sees you walking towards him.
1.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 7:09:38 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 3/24/2009 6:43:36 PM
Author: jstarfireb

Date: 3/24/2009 6:39:43 PM
Author: PearlDahhhling
I actually think the first dress is kinda *meh* and LOVE the second one! I think it looks fantastic on you and gives you SUCH a great shape!
My thoughts exactly, Pearl! I thought the old one looked great before I saw the new one, but I honestly have to say I like the Paloma on you a lot more! The dress really skims your curves in a nice way.
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the second dress looks amazing on you!!! Way better than the first. You have a wonderful figure!!!
I''ll ditto this another time! ally, you look stunning. The first thought that came to mind when I saw the Paloma was, "Now THAT''S an hourglass figure!" Plus, the dress screams romance...I''m totally swooning right now!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I showed it to my friend too (she''s a total fashion crazy person) and she loved the second one too. So there!!!!

(Seriously Ally, it looks amazing on you.)

I can''t wait to pick out shoes!!!! How high do they need to be to not hem the dress?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
The first dress is pretty, but the second dress is just all-out gorgeous on you! You look so very lovely, and it shows off your beautiful figure so well. I love how it is delicate and sweet while showing off your curves at the same time. There is no doubt in my mind that you chose the perfect dress for you.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Alley, you look ST
30.gif
NNING in the second dress. The first one was pretty too, but there''s something about that second dress that is just magic!

It might take some time to grow on you and remember the dress always looks better on your big day.

At first I adored my dress, then I had second thoughts about my dress down to the day of my last fitting. It wasn''t until I had my hair done up, and had it on with all my bridal make-up and up-do that my heart skipped a beat. Maybe it''s all the stress and the nerves that have you doubting?

FWIW I absolutely LOVE it on you!

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Allly,

As you may know, I have the same Paloma Blanca dress as you. It was the first dress that I truly loved on. I have to tell you that I absolutely LOVE how it looks on you. I agree with your veil choice also, a short one definetly doesn''t go.

You look beautiful....and the hair, it''s fabulous.

Smiles,

LL

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
You chose the right dress.

It is stunning on you, and it is so beautiful. It has that special wow factor for me, which the Pronovias does not.

You''re gorgeous, and you''ll look amazing on your wedding day.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I actually think that the second dress is a lot more stunning on you. It seems to hug you in ALL the right places. And I agree with some other posters... if you are big... then I am a hippo.

Don''t feel at all bad about your dress.... it is beautiful and you look drop dead gorgeous in it!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:01:14 PM
Author: Rachie

Date: 3/24/2009 6:49:25 PM
Author: pan_manda

Ditto!! I am with Kat here... and I think the neckline and dip in the back on the Paloma are much more flattering!
36.gif

Thritto! (If that is even possible
2.gif
) I am loving your second dress!
30.gif
It is extremely flattering and I am in love with the back! I love the dip and the buttons! You have a fabulous figure and this dress is doing wonders for you!
Quad-ritto! (
33.gif
9.gif
)

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I like both gowns for different reasons, so really you couldn't have gone wrong with ether one. But, now that you have the Paloma in your possession, try it on every once in a while and dance around in it- I'm sure you'll grow to love it in no time! I also agree (I think with Neatfreak) that once the Paloma gown is altered to fit you properly you'll probably feel better in it. Finally, if you were drawn to the minimalism of the Pronovias, perhaps you could experiment with removing the ribbon/flower on the front of the Paloma dress so you are left with an elegant lace and satin gown with minimal embellishments??

Tempi

Rough_Rock
I liked the Pronovias on you, but as soon as I saw the Paloma I actually gasped! Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

NuggetBrain

Shiny_Rock
You look absolutely fabulous in that dress!! I love the train, and the little buttons on the back add length to your spine (visually). I definately like that better than the first one actually.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:30:48 PM
Author: Haven

It is stunning on you, and it is so beautiful. It has that special wow factor for me, which the Pronovias does not.

Yep, ditto every last word of Haven''s post!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 1:31:40 AM
Author: pocahontas

Date: 3/24/2009 10:30:48 PM
Author: Haven

Yep, ditto every last word of Haven''s post!
ME TOO!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results