shape
carat
color
clarity

Picking up my dress at 12:15, a little scared!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

My dress arrived a few days ago but I''ve been procrastinating picking it up.

It''s this whole trumpet, mermaid-ish thing, and I really hate my rear-end. As many of you know, groomzilla really wanted a mermaid-trumpet. I wanted an a-line to hide of all that stuff.

But I figured, I can''t wait until 1 month to lose some weight, because if the thing looks hideous, I''ll be too close to the wedding to buy a new one. So biting the bullet, and I''m going to go pick it up.

Pics to follow (exclamations of horror/reassurances/suggestions on new dresses may be needed).

ARGHHHHHH...

Ally

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i bet you will look fantastic in your dress :) let us know how it goes!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ally, the dress is going to look awesome on you!! I can''t wait to see pictures!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Ally, the dress will look ABFAB on you... cannot wait for pics!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I have packed my camera!!

I even got fake hair for the occasion (please everyone stop laughing)!!! I know it was a BIG waste of money, but I didn''t want the fact that I look strange influance the whole *do I like the dress*. Plus I''ve been stressing a lot about the fact that I my hair wasn''t growing fast enough, whether the extensions would look natural etc., so I figure I would give it all a try. So you gals are going to get the complete look. Look at me rationalising the money I spent
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
I feel so vain for having done it.

Leaving soon. Thanks for letting me share!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Good luck Ally! I think you''ll look great!! Can''t wait to see. And I don''t think it''s vain at all!
1.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see you in your dress. You are going to look wonderful!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see it! I''m sure you''ll look fab in it.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
aw Ally! PB is one of my all-time favorite wedding dress designers. I can''t wait to see you in your dress! I love it! I promise it will all be just fine.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
ally - you are going to be beautiful! its 12:52 and we are all waiting with excitment for you to return - : )

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be great. And don''t feel guilty about the hair, you have to feel beautiful and comfortable for the wedding!

Happy thoughts outgoing!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I am sure it will be fabulous. And I totally understand about the hair, it is not vain at all! Pics please when you get it!!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Refresh

Refresh

REFRESH
3.gif

Can''t wait to see pics of your dress - I am sure your rear will look gorgeous in your dress
2.gif

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
ally....back with pictures yet????
31.gif

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 2:46:47 PM
Author: StarbuttsKoffee
31.gif

Ha ha, right? I keep coming back to see. I honestly believe that wedding dresses skew towards the large side. Either they order it a size big, or the "right" size that matches your measurements is cut more generously than the manufacturer lets on or whatever, because the only bride I ever knew who didn''t fit into her gown was a girl who didn''t know she was pregnant until A MONTH after she ordered/paid for her dress.

You''ll look beautiful.

When you post the pics, we will all tell you just HOW beautiful
31.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 11:47:53 AM
Author: allycat0303
I have packed my camera!!

I even got fake hair for the occasion (please everyone stop laughing)!!! I know it was a BIG waste of money, but I didn''t want the fact that I look strange influance the whole *do I like the dress*. Plus I''ve been stressing a lot about the fact that I my hair wasn''t growing fast enough, whether the extensions would look natural etc., so I figure I would give it all a try. So you gals are going to get the complete look. Look at me rationalising the money I spent
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
I feel so vain for having done it.

Leaving soon. Thanks for letting me share!
Ally -- after all you''ve gone through to get to this point, you deserve to indulge in all-out bridal-ness! I can''t wait to see the pictures!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 2:46:47 PM
Author: StarbuttsKoffee
31.gif
32.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Porridge want pics!! NOW!!!
29.gif

Aw Ally I can't stay mad at you!
3.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have pictures yet?

How about now?

Now?

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I just know you are going to look fabulous in a mermaid/trumpet! Don''t make me drive all the way from CA to take pictures of you! Actually, that would be fun...
21.gif

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
It''s 5 almost!! Are we on the same time zone Ally????????
33.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet it all looks amazing. Sometimes we are our own worst critic. I can''t wait to see pictures!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Maybe she loved it so much she has refused to leave the store...
31.gif

ETA: Now???

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
There better be pics up by the time I get home (in two hours)!!
27.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey gals,

Ok. So I tried on the dress. And was like. meh.

So I went to eat to try and get my mind of things.

Brief history. As many of you know, I was supposed to get married last year, before my sister decided she needed to be married that year (ok. let''s be honest. That day.) I had picked out a dress which I LOVED. Pronovias Amadeuz. It spoke to me, I felt wonderful in it, and the a line skirt hid all of the parts I wanted to hide. Finally no wedding, and second time around, my mother said "you can''t buy that dress, it''s bad luck" and my fiance said "oh I want you to wear mermaid"

Hence the dress search. A few days ago, I was looking at some random girl''s wedding dress, and she was wearing the Amaduez, so I showed it to my fiance and he said "Oh that''s a beautiful dress". Obviously I felt like crap, because that was the dress I would have worn if we got married last year.

And looking at pictures, I think it was A LOT more flattering too.

So I kind of regret it. I''m looking at this paloma blanca and I''m kind of meh.

Even worst, I think the pronovias is more flattering. I was 5 pounds heavier last year, and I find the pronovias looks better.

I''ll post pics of both.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, she''s back! Pictures! Pictures!
36.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
waiting waiting waiting

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
!!!!!!!!F5 F5 F5!!!!!!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Porridge,

You''re so cute. This is the pronovais from my wedding that never happened.

Image00pron.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your second thoughts about your dress! I went through much of the same thing, only in the opposite direction - I wanted a mermaid/trumpet and bought one, but then my groomzilla made me exchange it for an A-line! I also have a booty, but the trumpet I bought originally just lightly skimmed over my curves and highlighted it in a good way. The new dress is flattering enough (if not more), but I had a really hard time going from the style I wanted to the style he wanted me in.

Please do post pics of both...I''m sure the Paloma Blanca will also be quite beautiful on you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results