pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Elle.

Is this yours?

_27918.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it comes to 5 stones, the proportions are even more important. Slightly bigger or smaller gives it a very different feel/look and don't forget to take the added height from the prongs into account.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Chrono. Every once in a while, I want to respond with, Chrono man. I wonder where that poster went?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I have an update.

EDIT: I am going to put the pictures in another post to get past the pictures on the right. The pictures will be bigger if they take up the full width of the window.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Okay...I have an update. Here are the smaller 0.26 half moons with 0.12 bullets. Both pairs are step cut. For width, the oval is 6.4 mm, the half moons are 3.46 mm, and the bullets look like 2-3 mm mm each? I think that will give good finger coverage (17-19 mm?), with additional spacing for prongs?

As Chrono pointed out, the prongs will add height to the half moons and bullets where they meet their adjacent stones.

I have posted my inspiration ring below.

Please post comments.

26_12a.jpg

lm_1.jpg

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh.. I'm excited for you. I think that set looks great, and close to that LM ring too.

I can't wait for the close-ups once it's done!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous line up! It will look amazing. Will you choose double or single prongs for the main stone Preg?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is going to be stunning.

Deb

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too like the look of the latest 5-stone combination.

DK :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, iota15, Acinom, AGBF, and DK. I am starting to get excited. Are you all in Europe, or were you just up early on PS this morning?

I might actually have my first CS stone set after 7 years of collecting!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
preg, that last set is gorgeous. They all line up size-wise very well to your center stone :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1426649937|3848908 said:
Thanks, Chrono. Every once in a while, I want to respond with, Chrono man. I wonder where that poster went?
Ahem, that's Mister Chrono, if you please. :tongue:

The set looks good but I am concerned that once the prongs are on, the outer two diamonds will end up looking larger than the proportions of the LM ring (instead of a downward flow in a straight line, there might be a bit of a "bump" at the transition point).

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Arcadian.

Good point, Chrono :angel: . I have asked David for CADs and perhaps we will be able to position the prongs to make a smooth transition.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1426668920|3848963 said:
What a fabulous line up! It will look amazing. Will you choose double or single prongs for the main stone Preg?
I've requested double, but I won't be sure if that is the right decision until I see the CADs. I prefer double for security reasons. This stone has a lot of sentimental (and monetary) value to me. It is insured, but it would be very difficult to find a replacement.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double prongs = Yum!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
yessss... yes, my preciousssss....

(seriously, I'm salivating like Gollum. It's going to be so beautiful!)

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can already tell I'm going to be jealous about this ring. Can't wait to see it on your hand in all its glory! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1426777240|3849541 said:
Acinom|1426668920|3848963 said:
I've requested double, but I won't be sure if that is the right decision until I see the CADs. I prefer double for security reasons. This stone has a lot of sentimental (and monetary) value to me. It is insured, but it would be very difficult to find a replacement.

I love double prongs for the look and safety.
When do you expect the first drawings?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Chrono, Acinom, derbygal, and Elle.

CADs drawings are in! Please post your comments as they are very helpful. The stones measure from tip of bullet to tip of bullet 17.04mm.

I asked that the knife edge transition to a rounded edge. It is shown on the picture, but David will make the transition a little higher.

The main stone is 5.2 mm deep so it cannot be set much lower.

I changed the color of the center stone to red in the 2nd pic on Photoshop, and I did not do a perfect job.

dk_cad2.jpg

dk_cad1.jpg

dk_cad3.jpg

dk_cad4.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Here is the gallery of the inspiration ring:

lm_r6028wx_gallery2.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is really a legitimate question - why do you do a knife edge at all? I don't like the way they feel against my skin so I don't particularly care for them. But that aside, I'm not sure I've ever really seen the design benefit of them. Can you explain?

The CAD, btw, is stunning - you will have a beautiful ring!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Minous. Good question. I also do not like how knife edges feel.

The bullet is held by a V-shaped prong, and a knife edge transitions this prong smoothly into the shank. If the shank doesn't start as a knife edge, I think there will be an abrupt change from the V-shaped prong to the rounded shank.

The transition, however, can be much higher than 9 and 3'clock, which is what is shown in the CAD. It can be like this, and I think I prefer this, with the rounded shank starting very soon.

lm_r5727.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I'm loving the five stone configuration and the CAD design. :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Ricezo.

As a point of reference, here is the approximate size the ring will be (~2 cm across) in real life. I think after looking at these huge pics, I will be underwhelmed by the size. It will definitely be a delicate ring.

dk_cad1_realsize.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks great and really promising! Looking forward to see the real thing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find a knife edge setting comfortable to wear so it sounds like I might be the exception. Bands thicker than 2 mm feels uncomfortable to me. I think the design looks great, in particular, the proportions look perfect. Unfortunately, it sounds like the ring looks too small for you?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Acinom and Chrono.

I am not sure about the size. I am going to be on the west coast this week and am going to see if I have time to visit DK to see the suite. I have never had a 6x8 oval in a five stone. I haloed my wring diamond by it was only 5.1 mm across to begin with.

I previously had a thread asking for 3 stone rings with a 6 by 8 oval, but I don't remember any 5 stones

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Preg, I really admire your patience in getting the ring exactly as you desire. I am always in too much of a hurry!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the design! :appl: I love the double claw aspect.

is the band really going to be 2.6mm wide? I'm just wondering if I read that wrong or not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results