shape
carat
color
clarity

Pick Your Favorite Style of Stone Combinations for Regina''s wedding Ring!

Pick your Favorite combination style of accent stones....

• (1) Canadian Girl''s Idea - 2 Diamonds/Sapphire Repeating

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • (3) Strmrdr Idea of Ruby/Diamond/Sapphire/Diamond Repeating....

• (4) PdCollectables Idea of 5 Center Diamonds with 2 Sapphires Flanking the 5 followed by Diamonds...

• (6) Josh Taking the money and blowing it on a killer bachelor Party...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well I took Everyone''s idea from the previous post: Pricescope Gang, Looking for your ideas and input

I gathered them in 5 Pictures with a crude attempt to add color to the stones..Blue=Sapphires,Red=Ruby

Pick your favorite style as outlined and numbered..Under each Picture I posted original forum members who came up with the outlined ideas...

This will be a platinum channel set vatche band to compliment regina''s x-prong platinum comfort fit solitaire engagement Ring....

I am going to take the best idea mull it over and probally go with that idea...so Let''s get the votes started...

Any other ideas are welcome but keep to the general theme of the pictures outlined in the poll.../idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif

chartkingfd.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One is quite a classic idea, four is one of a kind: tough choice (for me) between them, but I did place that outlier vote on the 4th.

Great ideas: and congratulations for the democratic process, Josh!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I voted for CG's idea. The pic was much more appealing visually than my own idea. And, it keeps the sapphire theme between the two of you.

All diamonds looks great too!

Tough choices, Josh.
rolleyes.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I'm a diamond gal, so for me, I'd stick to all diamonds. However, the idea of matching the theme of your ring is great, so I voted for #1.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I voted for PQ's idea. I like the sapphires directly flanking the stone.

That said, it's not about what I like. I vote for whatever Regina desires.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Josh,

Go with the original all diamonds - while the other ideas look nice, all diamonds seems more classy as well as more classic and stand the test of time.

rodent.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think all diamonds look best. The colored stones will distract from the main center stone, but diamonds will add to the brilliance.

Michelle

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I voted all diamonds. I'm a diamond girl, what can I say!
love.gif
As for the Saphire choices, I like PQ's idea best.
appl.gif
I think the 2 saphires closer to the centre stone like they are, seem better proportioned to me. Not just that, but I think the sparkle of the centre stone will fire up the blue hue in the saphire. Does that make sense? Whats in my head isnt translating to my fingers.

Judy
:)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted all diamonds. My second choice would be number 1. I do not like any of the other choices at all, especially the one with sapphires and rubies. Sorry. Everyone has different taste. Do you know what Regina's taste is? Can you ask her or is it a surprise?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't even vote for my own (it looks a little weird)...I voted for CG's which I think looks best but it was a tossup between that one and PQ's idea which looks pretty cool as well. The ruby one is a bit glaring in color. Maybe it's just the photoshop colors, but it looks a little off (like mine!)
1.gif

I personally would opt for all diamonds--but I know that you want Regina's ring to tie in somehow with yours, so I think PQ or CG's ideas are the most beautiful for that.
1.gif
Definitely get the same type of sapphires your ring has, very beautiful.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah Mara, I wondered if it may be just the computer image with the rubies that made it look so bad.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I voted for all diamonds because it is simple and elegant. Plus, diamonds will go with everything in her wardrobe.
2.gif

If you want sapphires to tie it in with your ring, I would go with 1 or 4, because they both provide a good visual balance between the diamonds and sapphires. I think the sapphires at the very ends looks a little odd -- it needs diamonds on both sides of the sapphires to balance the look. I think diamonds, rubies and sapphires together will be too busy and she will not want to wear it every day.

What does your fiancee prefer, or is it a surprise?

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
I like the all-diamond band. Number 1 is a better match to your ring but I think the gaps in-between the sapphires (in the simulated picture) is a bit large for my taste, if the picture has the correct proportions. It would be my second choice though.
appl.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes if the rubies were the color that that pic shows I wouldnt even vote for it.
Some darkish rich red ones would fit the bill perfectly.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Have the killer bachelor party. Go to Vegas or something.
9.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I love the simple all diamonds look. It will go with everything. All depends on Regina's sense of style as well. If she likes simple things, go with the all diamonds look. If she likes things that are a little different, go with #1.

Josh, she is very lucky to have you as a husband who is so devoted on this entire ring shopping process. Let us all know what the verdict is.
2.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
I voted for the one CG thought of...thought the all diamonds one would be a close second vote for me. The only problem I had with the one that showed the diamonds/sapphire/ruby is that i immediately thought "4th of july". It probably is the photoshop version, but it just was too much for my taste.
I think my next ring will be sapphire (after the wedding bands are purchased), because I think they are so pretty. Granted, it will probably be 5 years before that happens...
2.gif

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
Use all diamonds, please!!!!! In my opinion (which may not count for much, but...) the total diamond look is a much classier look. I think the colored stones in this scenario take away from the diamonds - sort of a distraction. I know you are the "Colored gemstone nut" and all but why don't you save that for another gift!! The diamonds alone are classic and elegant!! Who could ask for more!!! Just my opinion....

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 12/2/2003 12:10:44 PM pyramid wrote:

Do you know what Regina's taste is? Can you ask her or is it a surprise?
----------------
She would prefer the sapphires...I myself like the all diamonds, but I won't be wearing it..
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Josh you shouldn't have included the all diamond option if she doesn't like it, you are splitting the vote!!
loopy.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well Mara, I shouldn't have included blowing the money on a bachelor party too
9.gif

Regina does not have a clue what I am getting her.. She has seen this style ring with all the diamonds and was Gaa Gaa over it, but she also added one time when we were talkng about rings getting sapphires...
21.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Josh, I figure you've thought about this already but if at one time she was gagaa over the all diamond version, I would consider getting that for her. You can save the Sapphire ring for an anniversary or when she has a baby (if you're going that route). I say this cause I know many husbands that have bought gifts for their wives after the birth of a child. Besides this, if you opt for a gift later on, the sapphire will be the center stone (focus) & the diamonds (if you like them) will be the accents.

Just a thought.

Judy

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Forgot to add, when I think of spectacular rings, I think of the ones on Leon Mege's site. He has some beautiful options.

Judy

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 12/3/2003 12:35:17 AM ccuheartnurse wrote:

You can save the Sapphire ring for an anniversary or when she has a baby (if you're going that route). I say this cause I know many husbands that have bought gifts for their wives after the birth of a child.
Just a thought.

Judy
----------------

Hey Judy..Thanks for your input...

Yes, We are going the route of having a couple more kids...

9.gif
I talked about upgrading and she has already hinted at maybe a 2ct.. or so
eek.gif
...after she births our children...
errrr.gif

jqwest

Rough_Rock
All diamonds look the best.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 12/3/2003 2:53:41 AM jqwest wrote:

All diamonds look the best.
----------------
Thanks for the vote jqwest..I Like your avatar...
wavey.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happened with the all-sapphire option? After all, thereis going to be one diamond near them (the one in the e-ring) so the set will still have the same composition of sapphire & diamond as your band, Josh...

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I voted for CG's idea. But, I also like the alternating version (every other stone, versus every two stones). I have a friend with this type of setting and it looks beautiful AND has the extra added bonus of making her stones look very very white. I think it would be cool to have it coordinate with your ring. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Josh check this out!! Found it randomly while looking at wedding bands on AntiqueEngagementRings.com. Maybe this will tickle your imagination a bit on 'looks'....

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=23

It's called a '3 by 3' which probably refers to the 3 diamonds, 3 sapphires, the sapphires look to be square/princess cut...or is that just my eyes.
2.gif

josh1.jpg

Skyblue

Rough_Rock
I voted for all diamonds but #1 would be second. I really like sapphires and even considered an "upgrade" ring with sapphires but it seems like the sapphires compete with the diamonds a little too much. IMO
twirl.gif

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results