shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricescope Gang, Looking for your ideas and input

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well the time has come to start looking for a wedding band for Regina...

She has a Dvatche x-prong solitaire platinum band like the one pictured...

Regina does not want a gap between the head of her solitaire ring and her wedding band...

I like the look of the channel set band with rounds (preferrably A-Cut-Above H&A accent stones..Hee
wacko.gif
)

My wedding band has a center diamond with 2 sapphires followed by 2 more A-Cut-Above accent stones running down the side of the band...

I was thinking of getting her the band pictured and incorporating sapphires to alternate diamond, sapphire, diamond, sapphire...etc to follow the theme of my ring...

Now I know there are many opinions on this board so don't be shy...

I want you guys to be a part of helping me pick out the perfect band for her with the priority of the wedding band sitting against her solitaire ring without the gap in the middle...

Fire Away?!
appl.gif

vatcheweddiiiingband.jpg

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I think combining the two stones would be a very pretty option. May I suggest...two diamonds, a sapphire, two diamonds, a sapphire...

But your way of doing sounds like it would work nicely, too, and it's in keeping with the "theme" of your wedding ring. Has Regina expressed a preference, or is this a surprise?
love.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/26/2003 2:05:01 AM canadiangrrl wrote:

I think combining the two stones would be a very pretty option. May I suggest...two diamonds, a sapphire, two diamonds, a sapphire...

But your way of doing sounds like it would work nicely, too, and it's in keeping with the 'theme' of your wedding ring. Has Regina expressed a preference, or is this a surprise?
love.gif

----------------

Well she is going to be wearing the band so I asked her a preference for fit.She is happy with whatever I get her...That's one of the great qualities of having a good woman...which is why I like to get her the best (mainly because she doesn't expect it and 2 she deserves it

wacko.gif
)

Here is a pic of mine...I think the 2 diamonds and sapphire combo matches the theme of mine plus it leaves room for more diamonds...

appl.gif

Priority is that the head doesn't have a gap between the band...

Good input CG......

wavey.gif

joshsfinalpicccccgg.jpg

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What size stones fit into the Vatche band? What size is Regina's center stone?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
1.177 ct d, si-1 Hearts & Arrows....
5.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting. My stone's a 1.18 RB, and I tried on some diamond bands with RB's in varying sizes the other day at Birks, just for fun. None of them fit flush, but I did get an idea of what size diamond I thought looked best in proportion to my solitaire. I really liked the look of one particular semi-eternity band that had 10 point stones. It didn't appear to overwhelm the center stone, but it added nicely to the sparkle quotient.
1.gif

I remember in a previous post that you said Regina sometimes works with her hands (please correct me if I'm wrong, Josh.) If that's the case, there may be times when she won't want to wear her e-ring. A diamond and sapphire band will look stunning and unique all on its own.
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You have a very good memory CG...(I remember that post some time ago)

What do you do for a living???

Yes, the funny thing is I was thinking .10 ct. stones too....It might increase bandwidth a little but I wouldn't need as many stones due to the increase in size..

I think the one's in the pic are half that size...I'm guessing .05's???

Do you have a single solitaire with a plain band..?
rolleyes.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Josh, the semi-eternity band with the 10 point stones was (I think!) 3 mm wide. My ring's a plain platinum tiffany-style six-prong, around 2.25 mm, and the width of the band wasn't at all disproportionate.
1.gif
Depending on the width of Regina's ring (it looks maybe 3mm?) I think a band with 10 point stones could work out very nicely.
1.gif

What do I do for a living? I work as a marketer in the consumer products sector, and a writer. Thanks for asking.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 11/26/2003 2:05:01 AM canadiangrrl wrote:

May I suggest...two diamonds, a sapphire, two diamonds, a sapphire...
----------------
I LOVE this suggestion. Oftentimes, the beautiful white of diamonds gets lost when you sandwich them between sapphires. This is a fabulous suggestion.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I agree...two diamonds then a sapphire. .10 would be lovely!!!
1.gif
Ooh how pretty Josh, I love that it will fit with your theme as well!
1.gif
I really love your ring. I may see if my sweetie is intrigued enough for something like that.
1.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I like the two diamonds and a sapphire idea as well. Sapphire color is so dominant that it's sometimes a good idea to use it sparingly.

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
I like the idea for alternating sapphires and diamonds because of the symmetry, but 2 diamonds, sapphire, 2 diamonds, etc. would be more unique. If Regina's not that picky, I'd say you have a win-win situation!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
One other suggestion depending on how you plan to have them set (e.g. if its exactly like the band in the picture) is to have all diamonds and then one sapphire on each end. So the sapphires enclose the diamonds. I think that would be pretty unique and would keep the sapphires from overpowering, the blue of a sapphire can be very intense en masse.
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Mara,

Well I am going to contact Lesly at Whiteflash and get her suggestions on what is available...The band pictured with the solitaire setting in the first picture is a channel set platinum setting by vatche purposely made for complimenting the x-prong without the gap...

I see 13 diamonds in the picture...The setting is around $1600.00 on the WF website with the diamonds already in them...

I'll have to ask what size these diamonds are and the possibility of working with vatche on supllying them with all Hearts and arrows accent stones..

In smaller sizes I wonder how well the blue in sapphires will show?

Thanks for everyones suggestions so far...
appl.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Josh,

My mother has a ring that I am going to try to describe for you. It's made of platinum, eternity-style, and the gems are 10 pt diamonds, rubies, and sapphires. It's a reversible ring - you can wear either the sapphire band in the middle with two diamond bands on the outside, or flip it around, and wear the ruby band in the middle, with the two diamond bands on the outside.

The 10 point sapphires look very bold, colour-wise. The ratio is one third coloured stones to two thirds diamonds, and it works beautifully.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/27/2003 5:23:35 PM Colored Gemstone Nut wrote:
In smaller sizes I wonder how well the blue in sapphires will show

----------------

They'll show as long as the quality is there: medium or lighter color would work well, perhaps a shade down from the stones I see in your ring. The cut in sapphires should have different proportions than it does in diamonds (as you know), so I am not all that sure that the sapphires will end up matching the small diamonds in both diameter and weight. I would expect them to be deeper cuts (and thus havier) for good brilliance and color. So, if you get to order melee, matching size is the thing to ask for, not weight. At least this is my receipe for success here... How did you get the two sapphires? Diid the jeweler provide them?

I really liked the milder color in the blue side stones pictured on THIS thread...

PS: 900 posts Josh?! Those are quite a book!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go diamond ,ruby, diamond, blue saphire, diamond repeat...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/30/2003 4:31:07 PM strmrdr wrote:

I would go diamond ,ruby, diamond, blue saphire, diamond repeat...

----------------

Vey patriotic... I would need yellow diamonds though (different flag
1.gif
). Jokes aside, the combination looks nice indeed!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/30/2003 4:21:30 PM valeria101 wrote:

----------------
On 11/27/2003 5:23:35 PM Colored Gemstone Nut wrote:

In smaller sizes I wonder how well the blue in sapphires will show

----------------

How did you get the two sapphires? Diid the jeweler provide them?

Robin & Todd from Niceice.com supplied the sapphires..They're heat treated from Madagascar..

I really liked the milder color in the blue side stones pictured on THIS thread...

PS: 900 posts Josh?! Those are quite a book!

Hey Val..Yeah I just realized that myself...I'm getting up there with some of the other gem finatics...
----------------
CG..Your description sounds really unique..I hope I can get the same look...
appl.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I've been following your thread, Josh, while pondering the setting in my wittle pea brain.

How about setting the center with diamonds (maybe 5??? or so???) and inserting a sapphire (or 2 together) on each side that "flanks" the center set of the e-ring. Then finish out the channel with diamonds on either end.

Just a thought. I like the idea of the addition of color the the wedding ensemble!
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is a good idea also PD...I am talking with Whiteflash now about te possibilities of getting accent stones put in the band vs. the diamonds which come with the original channel band vatche markets...

I'll keep you guys updated...
wacko.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No no my idea !
1.gif
All diamonds then solitaires on the ends.
9.gif

Actually Josh, you should create a poll with everyone's suggestions and then people can vote!
1.gif
In the end of course you may do something entirely different...but it'd be fun in the meantime.
rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results