shape
carat
color
clarity

Pic heavy and verbose! My CADs, wax, and off to production!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the little pillow-ey texture on your SO's ring! Such
A neat texture!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like a straight up insurance replacement appraisal, to be honest. I doubt IDJ is losing money on diamonds.

It is like a house: a house is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I assume it is the same with diamonds: the diamond is worth what she paid for it.

@ILikeShiny be sure to read the posts from trade members about inflated appraisals. You pay more for insurance and you get nothing in return for it if you have to replace your diamond-- you only get like for like, which is usually around the price of what you paid and not a dime more.

Um, thank you (?) whitewave :lol:

There are indeed Pricescopers who've bought stones at *fair* prices and that is the best you can typically hope for, unless someone needs cash immediately (distress sale) , you have that cash and will part with it yesterday. I went to Tucson in 2008 (Great Recession) as Trade and the prices would have made all of us weep.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it is a "production or communication style" to hold back someone's ring that they are anxiously awaiting, to have it seen and photographed by someone who then puts it on Pricescope? Good to know.

Sorry Shiny, I hope this is my last response not related to your rings. That will be my next post.

If you look at the threads, that person who posted pics after meeting with Caysie was the DAY BEFORE Kayla posted the pics Caysie sent her. So that likely means that Caysie received the ring that day or maybe the day before from the bench, and also met with that potential client, and took pics and sent them to Kayla the next day. So no, her ring was not held back. I am sure Caysie wants to send out pieces asap considering the clients owe her half the cost when the ring is completed. She doesn't just hold rings indefinitely when they come in. It's like people are trying to make something out of absolutely nothing just to attack Caysie. I can buy into valid complaints over extended time, etc., but this is just ridiculous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shiny, I am sorry this thread has turned into somewhat of a fiasco. But I sincerely loved your diamond and ring design, as we definitely share similarities in taste. The bands are just outstanding. I love platinum with rose gold! I am so glad you are pleased with them! I am glad David Wolf found your ring to be of high quality workmanship, and I hope you are thrilled with your little pieces of art and can move on to your wedding plans with happy thoughts!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny your bands are awesome-fabulous and super original. Caysie did deliver! Congratulations to you and your DH. Those rings are going to look and feel great on your hands every day for the rest of your lives. :mrgreen2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you're happy with your bands @ILikeShiny they look beautiful.

I, amongst others will be disappointed not to see your ER, but totally understand if you decide not to post photos. I sincerely hope you'll be thrilled with it, and hope it brings much happiness.

FWIW I think you're absolutely right posting your experience, just because others have had a different experience to yours, doesn't mean you should just shut up and put up!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny Oh my goodness, your husband's ring is one of the most handsome designs I believe I have ever seen 8-) :love:

I very much hope your ring appraises well and that you love it when you receive it!!

I will say that when I visit jewellers I often see works in progress and newly completed pieces. Jewellers aren't in the business of creating jewels for noone so the fact that the beauties I get to ogle are destined for their clients' fingers is no surprise ::) If I ask to handle a claimed non-vintage piece, or am offered the opportunity to take a closer look, it is always with gloves, over cloth, by itself far from anything else that might mar the finish. I am honestly somewhat horrified that a vendor allowed someone to handle someone else's new jewel with bare hands alongside other pieces and take photos of herself doing so to post on a public forum - if nothing else it's a nonsensical risk.

Caysie does beautiful work and her pricepoint is remarkably low given the quality of design and execution. @LLJsmom and @diamondseeker2006 are absolutely correct re. vendor/client fit.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny
I will say that when I visit jewellers I often see works in progress and newly completed pieces. Jewellers aren't in the business of creating jewels for noone so the fact that the beauties I get to ogle are destined for their clients' fingers is no surprise ::) If I ask to handle a claimed non-vintage piece, or am offered the opportunity to take a closer look, it is always with gloves, over cloth, by itself far from anything else that might mar the finish. I am honestly somewhat horrified that a vendor allowed someone to handle someone else's new jewel with bare hands alongside other pieces and take photos of herself doing so to post on a public forum - if nothing else it's a nonsensical risk.
This has also been my experience - my local jeweler has shown me in progress or just completed pieces, but I never handled them much less put them on. And I would never dream of asking, but I also highly doubt she would allow me to take pictures. As I'm constantly reminding my children: Look with your eyes, not with your hands. :lol:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
f you look at the threads, that person who posted pics after meeting with Caysie was the DAY BEFORE Kayla posted the pics Caysie sent her. So that likely means that Caysie received the ring that day or maybe the day before from the bench, and also met with that potential client, and took pics and sent them to Kayla the next day. So no, her ring was not held back. I am sure Caysie wants to send out pieces asap considering the clients owe her half the cost when the ring is completed. She doesn't just hold rings indefinitely when they come in. It's like people are trying to make something out of absolutely nothing just to attack Caysie. I can buy into valid complaints over extended time, etc., but this is just ridiculous.

DS - There will probably always continue to be a difference in how you believe projects should unfold vs. others. Portraying your viewpoint as more valid than someone else’s though, by telling people they’re ridiculous for being very turned off by what Caysie did, is another example of why people don’t want to speak up.

I’m wondering though... What are you willing to acknowledge in this situation? If we strip all of the emotions away, here are the facts:

- @kayla17 was told her ring would take 6-8 weeks total, and that receiving it prior to her anniversary would be no problem (“way before that”).
- The anniversary date came and went with no completed ring
- Prior to any notification that her ring was completed, Caysie allowed another person to try on Kayla’s ring. This was done with no protection on their hand or around the surrounding area
- That person then posted those publicly on an open forum, and that was the first that Kayla discovered that her ring was not only done, but that someone else was allowed to wear it prior to her
- One or two days after that, Caysie sent her photos
- The completed ring was received 12 weeks after the initial order
- Once received, the ring had not been made to the specifications that had been agreed upon and had to be remade. When the remade ring was received there were now new problems and had to be remade again.
- The final, third attempt ring was received over 8 months after her initial order.

How would you objectively describe that experience?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I think you should sell your rings and move on. CVB rings get high dollar on the second hand market.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I think you should sell your rings and move on.
What would make you suggest that? At what point, during any of my comments about what we've received so far, have I said that either we weren't happy with the rings or wouldn't ever be able to get past the disappointments with the process?

Or is this merely an attempt to once again side-spin trying to have a reasonable discussion about experiences?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I think you worked with the wrong designer for you and if @kayla17 is still having you do her bidding about her ring (which now took 8 months post CAD apparently), then it is a sign that you will be unhappy for years to come over this 9 week post CAD/4 ring fiasco.

Cut and run. Start over with the woman you wanted to use in the first place.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I think you worked with the wrong designer for you and if @kayla17 is still having you do her bidding about her ring (which now took 8 months post CAD apparently), then it is a sign that you will be unhappy for years to come over this 9 week post CAD/4 ring fiasco.

@whitewave you are truly out of your depth here. sad :((

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I think you worked with the wrong designer for you and if @kayla17 is still having you do her bidding about her ring (which now took 12 months post CAD apparently), then it is a sign that you will be unhappy for years to come over this 9 week post CAD/4 ring fiasco.

First, that's insulting to @kayla17. No one is doing her bidding. She has a voice and uses it. And go back and read the post. I'm not sure where you got 12 months post CAD from.

You seem to confuse talking about issues with an inability to be happy. Perhaps that's who you are and why you think that way, but it's not me. I deal openly with issues, discuss them as level-headed as possible, come to resolutions, and then move on. Do I regret going with Caysie? In some ways yes and in some ways no. Is there any problem with our rings? No. Do I wish the process had been smoother and more as to how expectations were outlined to us? Yes. Does that mean I'm scarred for life and will have icky feelings ever time I look at my hand. Please.

These rings are about US. Period. End of story. If we are happy with them, that's what matters. Not yours or anyone else's opinion on how we should feel or what we should do.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, that's insulting to @kayla17. No one is doing her bidding. She has a voice and uses it. And go back and read the post. I'm not sure where you got 12 months post CAD from.

You seem to confuse talking about issues with an inability to be happy. Perhaps that's who you are and why you think that way, but it's not me. I deal openly with issues, discuss them as level-headed as possible, come to resolutions, and then move on. Do I regret going with Caysie? In some ways yes and in some ways no. Is there any problem with our rings? No. Do I wish the process had been smoother and more as to how expectations were outlined to us? Yes. Does that mean I'm scarred for life and will have icky feelings ever time I look at my hand. Please.

These rings are about US. Period. End of story. If we are happy with them, that's what matters. Not yours or anyone else's opinion on how we should feel or what we should do.

I edited my post about 12 minutes ago to say 8 months. Whoever sent you the screen shot wasn't up to date.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I edited my post about 12 minutes ago to say 8 months. Whoever sent you the screen shot wasn't up to date.
Oh good lord. Seriously? Haven't you figured out by now that if you're on the site that when someone posts to you you receive an alert? :rolleyes:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I am really happy that your personal experience has not lessened the love that you have for your rings! As I said before, I think that they are really beautiful and unique! I hope that soon you can stop thinking about the delays or your communication issues with Caysie and concentrate on all the happy things - engagement, wedding planning, etc. I also hope that everyone on this thread can settle down. I just don't think it is fair to keep on talking negatively about a vendor who doesn't have the opportunity to express their side and considering that all cases at closed at this point. That's just my 2cents, it is apparent that everyone else will have their own opinions.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also hope that everyone on this thread can settle down. I just don't think it is fair to keep on talking negatively about a vendor who doesn't have the opportunity to express their side and considering that all cases at closed at this point. That's just my 2cents, it is apparent that everyone else will have their own opinions.

I agree, and you have my promise that I am done with it on this thread. When I saw it brought up yet again this morning with what felt to me as an overly slanted and emotional response, I tried to strip it down to just the facts. Perhaps that was wrong, and I apologize if it continued the drama.

And thank you for your comments on our rings. We broke the taboo pre-wedding restrictions and sat on the couch last night wearing our bands, hands intertwined. It really was so special to think about that scene being our forever future :)

Last edited:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Seriously @whitewave ?
I am seriously wondering why you write such things. You apparantly love to further escalate things and stirring up the pot. This is about a review... Hopefully all PS vendors (and they all get less positive reviews at some moment in time) improve their business, manage expectations better etc.

I know from my own experience that Caysie makes a lot of promises that she does not have to make. Like short deadlines, sending pics during the process etc. And that's because she is such a friendly person. Letting someone try a new ring without asking and allowing her to make pics is not a smart thing to do. Not a serious matter to my eyes, but a 'learning point'. Caysie can actually learn from the more business-like approach from other vendors (if she wants to) and it's informative for other PS-ers to realise what the strong and weak points are for each vendor.... in order to search for the good match...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I am really happy that your personal experience has not lessened the love that you have for your rings! As I said before, I think that they are really beautiful and unique! I hope that soon you can stop thinking about the delays or your communication issues with Caysie and concentrate on all the happy things - engagement, wedding planning, etc. I also hope that everyone on this thread can settle down. I just don't think it is fair to keep on talking negatively about a vendor who doesn't have the opportunity to express their side and considering that all cases at closed at this point. That's just my 2cents, it is apparent that everyone else will have their own opinions.

Yes, and my apologies for reading too much into @ILikeShiny posts. I am *thrilled* that you won't let your disappointments and frustrations mar your rings and what they mean to you and your SO. That is what matters in the end-- the love you have for each other that the rings represent.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny

Ooooh. How romantic!!! That's really special. Enjoy the pre wedding stuff. It's such a fun and special time of your life.

If you do decide to post your stunning ring, perhaps you should start a new thread so you can leave this one behind you.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SimoneDi - you DO understand that this is a consumer oriented forum, correct? And, as PS moderator Ella has stated clearly (on page 4 of this thread), its purpose is:

Pricescope is a place for good and bad vendor reviews, period. Users should feel comfortable posting their own experiences with vendors whether good or bad. The reason to post these reviews is not to ruin someone's business, but if someone is giving poor service to customers, that is something potential customers should know before they decide whether that vendor is the right fit for their project.

Frankly, I am disappointed at the number of posters who, not being party to the transaction in question, think they have greater knowledge of its details and sequence. And I am disappointed by the posters who apparently cannot remember this is a consumer-oriented forum, not a vendor fan club.

I see nothing productive by furthering this thread, ILS - I suggest asking Ella to close it down. I hope at some point in the future you will choose to share your ER in a new SMTB thread.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see nothing productive by furthering this thread, ILS - I suggest asking Ella to close it down.

I didn't realize that was an option. Thank you. I'm going to send a note now.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many vendors here on more than one occasion have expressed their need to respond publicly to various contentions by consumers. This has been discussed repeatedly in posts about reviews.

Our designer in this case is unable to reply.

This is very one sided as a result.

It is a forum for consumers and vendors are here to help. The vendors are important to this forum, and IIRC are the ones who started this forum.

You can't take the vendor out of the equation.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't take the vendor out of the equation.
In this particular case, the vendor took herself out of the equation if she is still banned. Ericad has spoken on the vendor's behalf. Diamondseeker has fallen on her sword numerous times for the vendor and other clients happy with their experience have provided sufficient point of view for anyone new considering working with the vendor to decide if they want to open a conversation with her. That the vendor herself can't speak for herself here is no fault of any of her clients and is the consequence she bears for her initial missteps here.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this particular case, the vendor took herself out of the equation if she is still banned. Ericad has spoken on the vendor's behalf. Diamondseeker has fallen on her sword numerous times for the vendor and other clients happy with their experience have provided sufficient point of view for anyone new considering working with the vendor to decide if they want to open a conversation with her. That the vendor herself can't speak for herself here is no fault of any of her clients and is the consequence she bears for her initial missteps here.

Yes, it is what it is. I was merely pointing it out in the context of vendors + consumers make up PS, not just consumers. @ericad seemed to indicate there was more to the story...

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SimoneDi - you DO understand that this is a consumer oriented forum, correct? And, as PS moderator Ella has stated clearly (on page 4 of this thread), its purpose is:

Frankly, I am disappointed at the number of posters who, not being party to the transaction in question, think they have greater knowledge of its details and sequence. And I am disappointed by the posters who apparently cannot remember this is a consumer-oriented forum, not a vendor fan club.

I see nothing productive by furthering this thread, ILS - I suggest asking Ella to close it down. I hope at some point in the future you will choose to share your ER in a new SMTB thread.

@marymm I am not really sure why you decided to respond to a message that was not addressed to you, but here is some feedback:

1. Next time you highlight my statements, perhaps you want to highlight the entire sentence. It read something like "... and considering that all cases are closed at this point." The negative experience that our OP had and then those that other members expressed occupy 1,2,3...9 pages of posts. I think we all got it. So yes, I am puzzled as to why it needs to be repeated yet again. The rings that @ILikeShiny and her fiancé-to-be have are stunning and she is on her way to feeling happy and not stressed out again, so why should some members continue reminding her of her imperfect experience and continue bashing the vendor who created her rings?

2. You are disappointed that some members came to the defense of the vendor in question and consider that because of that they somehow see this forum as a "fan club. Well, I am disappointed that members like you consider that their opinions are of a lesser value simply because they don't want to continue talking negatively about said vendor. We have seen on multiple occasions how when issues are expressed against vendors who are active members on this forum, they have the opportunity to post and clear up the situation almost immediately, so I don't really think that my suggestion was out of line. When people have vastly different opinions and experiences with a given vendor, people on both sides should have the right to express their views. In this case, you seem to have a problem with the members who had positive experiences working the vendor and who expressed their support.

3. I think Shiny will best decide if she wants or not to close this thread and perhaps everyone should just be happy for her, because that was the whole initial purpose of this thread, instead of continuing to project their negativity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results