shape
carat
color
clarity

Pic heavy and verbose! My CADs, wax, and off to production!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You got AN ACTUAL DEAL ON A DIAMOND???? :mrgreen2::lol-2: THAT WAS IN YOUR FAVOR FINANCIALLY????:-o:cool2:

That stone is indeed a unicorn, then. I applaud your deal making expertise and when I go to IDJ I'm going to ask for the I Like Shiny Unicorn Deal! :love:.

It sounds like a straight up insurance replacement appraisal, to be honest. I doubt IDJ is losing money on diamonds.

It is like a house: a house is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I assume it is the same with diamonds: the diamond is worth what she paid for it.

@ILikeShiny be sure to read the posts from trade members about inflated appraisals. You pay more for insurance and you get nothing in return for it if you have to replace your diamond-- you only get like for like, which is usually around the price of what you paid and not a dime more.

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I'm going to shamelessly dig. Do I assume correctly that David shared pictures with you while it was in his custody? Can you share with us if you like what you see so far? :angel: The bands are glorious!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like a straight up insurance replacement appraisal, to be honest. I doubt IDJ is losing money on diamonds.

It is like a house: a house is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I assume it is the same with diamonds: the diamond is worth what she paid for it.

@ILikeShiny be sure to read the posts from trade members about inflated appraisals. You pay more for insurance and you get nothing in return for it if you have to replace your diamond-- you only get like for like, which is usually around the price of what you paid and not a dime more.
By now I hope it would be apparent that I'm very research oriented, and one of the reasons I went with David is because he DOESN'T do inflated appraisals.

There are standard percentages within the industry of what diamond mark-ups generally are. He did thorough research on what wholesale prices of diamonds with our specs had sold for over the past year, averaged it out, and added the standard markup to come up with what it would cost for us to replace our diamond right now. What he gave us is exactly within the range of what we're seeing advertised for our diamond at other PS vendors, so it makes sense. Not at all inflated. We got such a deal because Yekutiel had also gotten a deal and he passed along the savings (while still making money for himself too, of course); that's the kind of guy he is. It's as simple as that. He didn't ask for the deal from his supplier, it just happened to be there in the range of what we were looking for and he still says he can't believe his source had sold it for that price. We don't know why. We just smile and count our blessings.

As for the private group, no, I don't belong. Just knew about it and some of the discussions.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I'm going to shamelessly dig. Do I assume correctly that David shared pictures with you while it was in his custody? Can you share with us if you like what you see so far? :angel: The bands are glorious!
It's hard to say. The photos were very... what's the right word... bland? Not at all artistic; more for documentary purposes since we're uploading it to the insurance company. What I can say is that it appears that the finishes/details we asked for were done correctly; the only aspect too hard to discern was the gallery. One concern I have is that it states it's a size "5 1/2 tight", and should have been a 6 1/2 with sizing beads to make it a 6, but I'm hoping it's just that the beads made it impossible for the ring to move down the sizer.

Oh, and thank you for your compliment!! We find them glorious too and love that we made a matchy-matchy but not too matchy-matchy set for both of us :lol:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful for you that Yekutiel was able to pass savings on to you.

As for the secret group, ok. I never got the impression that you had friends here who were members of that group to inform you of posts. I've never seen you post on Loupe Troop with your contact information asking for friends, etc.

If I may be totally honest, I wondered if people asked Yekutiel to pass on contact information for you to contact them. I mean, it seems fast for you to be clued into stories I had never heard before about our designer.

You can see how I find it all curious.... how interesting you know about things no one told me.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope that's all it is. I know mandrels can differ but I can't imagine it could off by that much. I hope when you see it irl it will exceed your expectations!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I may be totally honest, I wondered if people asked Yekutiel to pass on contact information for you to contact them. I mean, it seems fast for you to be clued into stories I had never heard before about our designer.

You can see how I find it all curious.... how interesting you know about things no one told me.
OMG no. Never. Yekutiel was in NO way involved with my finding out things. In fact, he would distance himself so far away from anything like that. That's just not who he is.

I've never shared my information on LT, but I've reached out to others who have because I've felt a connection with them here on PS and wanted to talk more off-line about personal things and such. That's how I've been connected, and then subsequently heard things.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny , I admire you for always reacting correct, patient and in an elegant manner! It's so easy to get carried away by all of this.

Your bands are stunning!!!! I love the surface finish of the man's band.

And your band are so gorgeous and elegant. Are these French cuts? Stunning look.

I do hope you will post your new ring tomorrow. Perhaps in a new thread on SMTB.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful for you that Yekutiel was able to pass savings on to you.

As for the secret group, ok. I never got the impression that you had friends here who were members of that group to inform you of posts. I've never seen you post on Loupe Troop with your contact information asking for friends, etc.

Gosh you have a ring that you love and no issues otherwise. Win-win!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love your bands ILS! I am so glad that you love them as well and hope that you love your ring when it arrives tomorrow....

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny , I admire you for always reacting correct, patient and in an elegant manner! It's so easy to get carried away by all of this.

Your bands are stunning!!!! I love the surface finish of the man's band.

And your band are so gorgeous and elegant. Are these French cuts? Stunning look..
Thank you Acinom :kiss2:. I appreciate your words.

The man's band is actually so hard to photograph! It flattens the texture and almost makes it look like a diamond pattern, whereas in real life each of those rectanglish-diamond shapes are raised, rounded surfaces. It's really so cool! I knew which design program her CAD guy used so I found a preset template from there (online) that SO and I loved and came up with the finished design that way.

And yes, they're french cuts. Super super tiny. I have to put on my reading glasses to appreciate them fully :lol:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, you know what they say about "a s s u m e" .... and here, you are obviously talking through your hat & it's coming across as borne out of animus rather than any genuine, caring concern.

David Wolf is very well respected. I first heard of him years ago because my father-in-law -- who was in the diamond trade here in NYC -- suggested him to my father, whose Midwestern law firm was wrangling with the IRS over the valuation (for estate tax purposes) of some important pieces of jewelry owned by a deceased client. I thoroughly enjoyed, and was impressed by, him in my own meeting later. David Wolf has been recommended here on PS by Trade members John Pollard, OldMiner & Rockdiamond, perhaps other Trade members as well. With I think one exception, the PSer feedback on him has been very positive.

And here's his "resume"; it's what you'll see when you click the Credentials button on this page:
https://justappraisers.com/about-us/#davidwolf
David Wolf cv.png

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just scrolled back to page one to take another look at your CADs and wax model for a little refresher. ILS this ring is going to be the BOMB! :love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh you have a ring that you love and no issues otherwise. Win-win!

It's not that. I am psychic and something is coming through to me and I'm trying to figure out what it is.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you know what they say about "a s s u m e" .... and here, you are obviously talking through your hat & it's coming across as borne out of animus rather than any genuine, caring concern.

David Wolf is very well respected. I first heard of him years ago because my father-in-law -- who was in the diamond trade here in NYC -- suggested him to my father, whose Midwestern law firm was wrangling with the IRS over the valuation (for estate tax purposes) of some important pieces of jewelry owned by a deceased client. I thoroughly enjoyed, and was impressed by, him in my own meeting later. David Wolf has been recommended here on PS by Trade members John Pollard, OldMiner & Rockdiamond, perhaps other Trade members as well. With I think one exception, the PSer feedback on him has been very positive.

And here's his "resume"; it's what you'll see when you click the Credentials button on this page:
https://justappraisers.com/about-us/#davidwolf
David Wolf cv.png

Congratulations on whatever it is you wanted to accomplish with your post to me.

I am very happy yekutiel was able to pass savings on to ILS. I said that already.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it is a "production or communication style" to hold back someone's ring that they are anxiously awaiting, to have it seen and photographed by someone who then puts it on Pricescope? Good to know.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Acinom :kiss2:. I appreciate your words.

The man's band is actually so hard to photograph! It flattens the texture and almost makes it look like a diamond pattern, whereas in real life each of those rectanglish-diamond shapes are raised, rounded surfaces. It's really so cool! I knew which design program her CAD guy used so I found a preset template from there (online) that SO and I loved and came up with the finished design that way.

And yes, they're french cuts. Super super tiny. I have to put on my reading glasses to appreciate them fully :lol:
Would you be willing to post a video of it? It's a shame that photos don't convey its full flavor & I think it would be a smashing addition to this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mens-bling-eyecandy-folder.116617/

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an amazing ring! Did I miss the stats somewhere on your Assher?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your SO's ring is absolutely AMAZING!!! Love how unique it is!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm not very good at videos, but I just took one photo that might show it better? It's huge though. Sorry. I don't know how to get them to be smaller on here. But since you want detail maybe that works in my favor :mrgreen2:
kicken!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a stunning band. I love it! Congratulations! :appl:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not very good at videos, but I just took one photo that might show it better? It's huge though. Sorry. I don't know how to get them to be smaller on here. But since you want detail maybe that works in my favor :mrgreen2:
FullSizeRender-10.jpg
It does, it's even more intriguing in that macro shot!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! that's really really cool. I love texture in jewellery and this is fantastic. Your bands are really super pretty as well. I hope you'll be able to show your engagement ring at some point when you feel ok doing so - I love your asscher and can't wait to see it showcased in your very personal and intricate design

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILS - you are a class act and I like your bands but gotta say, your DH-to-be's band IS fierce ... crazy cool fierce ... well done that!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an amazing ring! Did I miss the stats somewhere on your Assher?
Oops, nevermind I looked it up in your previous thread. Sorry for my spelling blooper too. :eek2: (Asscher). What an amazing stone! Your ring is going to be stupendous!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave, lot of long-time 'Scopers are not in the FB Extra Shiny Largest Bestest Super Secret Club.

But I assure you, they've seen this and not to worry, you can sit with us at lunch until they call ya up :lol-2::mrgreen2:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results