shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop help, please...so I can make my final decision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I am at it again! My intention is for this to be the last image I will need for me to make my final decision. Mark at ERD said he was ready whenver I was...and I''m not...not yet, anyway. So, if any Photoshoppers out there have the time would you please show me what this setting would look like with:

platinum color

cushion halo with the cushion stone prong set instead of the bezel setting

I don''t want the split shank to be a heart shape, which is how it looks with the points of the princess halo extending into the open space in the split shank.The cushion halo would remove those points and the shank would simply meet the side of the cushion halo--does that make sense?

Here''s my main problem. I wanted to remove the milgrain on the band and halo for a more delicate look, but I think that is what gives it the pretty swoopy design. How can I keep this split shank design but make it more delicate? I like the swoopy "tail" at the bottom of side design.

Anyone have time to create this new image for me? I have tried in Powerpoint and either the functionality isn''t there or I simply don''t know all the powers of Powerpoint to make it work for me. It was awful!

Thank you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have photoshop so I can''t help but Mark uses Cad/cam, why not go through all this with him. they will be most helpful as to what will and won''t work b/c they do this day in and day out and are the ones who will be making it. If they do a mock up and you want to change things they can easily do that. It just seems to me you might as well do this directly with them.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, having problems with pics!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 7:27:08 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I don''t have photoshop so I can''t help but Mark uses Cad/cam, why not go through all this with him. they will be most helpful as to what will and won''t work b/c they do this day in and day out and are the ones who will be making it. If they do a mock up and you want to change things they can easily do that. It just seems to me you might as well do this directly with them.
I am having such a hard time deciding between 4 different settings. I didn''t think Mark would humor me to the point of working on 4 rings to help me make up my mind...even though I have playfully asked him to create me a "pop in, pop out" setting so I could change it every day.
9.gif
I was hoping if I could see a pic of something very close to what I wanted I could at least make a choice between the four. Does it cost more to completely begin over if I hate the way it turns out the first time...I''m talking about the CAD images...not the finished product!

Still can''t get the pics to work!!
I''ll see if the administrator will delete this posting.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, mrssalvo! I appreciate that link. Cross your fingers..here goes...

SwirlySetting12.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
side view

SwirlySetting22.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
another side view

SwirlySetting32.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 7:46:20 PM
don't delete, I understand completely how hard it is to choose a setting and trying to include all the important things in the design. check out this thread on how to resize and post pics (if you've posted them before on here you'll have to rename them)
I'd love to see the final 4.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/faq1/how-to-upload-reduce-pictures-for-posting-t41381.html
Thank you for understanding, mrssalvo. I have never had a custom setting before and this may be my one and only so I am "thinking it to death". Here's the other 3 settings I like besides the one already in this post. I'm sure you have seen two of them in my previous posts....when I was just torn between two of them.
9.gif

ETA: The bottom pic has my crude attempt at adding a cushion halo to a setting that originally had a round brilliant...but you can kinda get the idea.

CantDecide3.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diane, I personally like the one with the split shank, no other twists or turns on the shank. I have found in my own quest for a setting that when trying to get too creative you can loose some of the simple/classic beauty of a ring. all of your idea''s are lovely though and I know Mark will make a fabulous piece when it''s all said and done.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 10:16:02 PM
diane, I personally like the one with the split shank, no other twists or turns on the shank. I have found in my own quest for a setting that when trying to get too creative you can loose some of the simple/classic beauty of a ring. all of your idea''s are lovely though and I know Mark will make a fabulous piece when it''s all said and done.
Me too, it''s stunning!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
ITA with this - I am facing this issue myself, my designer has an amazing imagination!

I do disagree on this particular ring though... I don''t think anything is lost *here* - I love the twists and turns :)

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I made more sketches...

render1.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
another...

these would be really fine meelee btw...

render2.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t really figured out what kind of basket underneath would be best. I''m sure you want something that sits lower... I have more of a background in sculpture and architectural model building, so it would be much easier for me to build something than try to think of a way to draw what I''m intending.

Actually I have some jewelers wax and tools at home I could carve into but I''m at school still...

lol.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 11:21:13 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

ITA with this - I am facing this issue myself, my designer has an amazing imagination!

I do disagree on this particular ring though... I don''t think anything is lost *here* - I love the twists and turns :)
Cehra, which one?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 7:42:31 AM
Author: dianne

Cehra, which one?
the one I voted for in your other thread - I think it had interlocking circles or something... they''re all nice, I just liked that one :)

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 11:41:50 AM

Date: 3/27/2007 7:42:31 AM

Cehra, which one?
the one I voted for in your other thread - I think it had interlocking circles or something... they''re all nice, I just liked that one :)
That''s what I thought...I knew you really liked that one...I''m hoping you will get it for your ring (I don''t think my smaller stone can pull it off). Are you sharing your potential design, keeping it a secret, or have you posted details and I missed it?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
curiopotter your drawings are awesome, well we have 2 artists now - you and starry
36.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
The newest sketch looks a good deal like Catmom''s new sapphire only hers is prong set and has a smaller halo. Pretty design!

cmsdrkblue12.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo diane, what about a ring like catmom's, that would be gorgeous
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 12:07:52 PM
That's what I thought...I knew you really liked that one...I'm hoping you will get it for your ring (I don't think my smaller stone can pull it off). Are you sharing your potential design, keeping it a secret, or have you posted details and I missed it?
I am not keeping it a secret per se, but I'm trying to be low key. We're still negotiating the design, you haven't missed anything :) We've only actually been at it for this last week. I won't go into the whys of that right now. This is your thread! I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices :)

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 1:54:18 AM
Author: curiopotter
I haven''t really figured out what kind of basket underneath would be best. I''m sure you want something that sits lower... I have more of a background in sculpture and architectural model building, so it would be much easier for me to build something than try to think of a way to draw what I''m intending.

Actually I have some jewelers wax and tools at home I could carve into but I''m at school still...

lol.
curio, I think everything you have drawn is great. I think your talent just shines through and I really appreciate your postings. They have definitely made me think of other options I had not even considered...now, my bf may want you to stop (I''m driving him crazy)... but me?...I love it! Thanks so much!
36.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 1:00:31 PM
ooo diane, what about a ring like catmom''s, that would be gorgeous
30.gif
Isn''t that beautiful? Well, there''s another one for the newest episode of "Show It To The Boyfriend!". He is afraid to come near the computer room because I may drag him in and keep him for hours......lol! He thinks I''m going to "Pricescope him to death"...like that''s a bad thing----I can''t imagine an illness I would rather have more than Pricescope Fever...right, everyone?
9.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 3:44:03 PM

Date: 3/27/2007 12:07:52 PM
That''s what I thought...I knew you really liked that one...I''m hoping you will get it for your ring (I don''t think my smaller stone can pull it off). Are you sharing your potential design, keeping it a secret, or have you posted details and I missed it?
I am not keeping it a secret per se, but I''m trying to be low key. We''re still negotiating the design, you haven''t missed anything :) We''ve only actually been at it for this last week. I won''t go into the whys of that right now. This is your thread! I don''t think you can go wrong with any of your choices :)
Fair enough...I''ll wait for you to come out in all your glory when the time is right. I''ll quit looking so hard for clues.
2.gif

Ok...back to ME !!....Thanks to everyone for the continued support, ideas and suggestions. I can''t wait to see what I''ll do...lol

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 12:58:37 PM
Author: mercoledi
The newest sketch looks a good deal like Catmom''s new sapphire only hers is prong set and has a smaller halo. Pretty design!

cmsdrkblue12.jpg

Oh yeah, that''s pretty much what I''m intending. But I was thinking fish-tail pave, and some SUPER tiny melee and no milgrain. The quality of work that Leon Mege does, with claw prongs :)

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 4:40:11 PM

Date: 3/27/2007 1:54:18 AM
Author: curiopotter

lol.
curio, I think everything you have drawn is great. I think your talent just shines through and I really appreciate your postings. They have definitely made me think of other options I had not even considered...now, my bf may want you to stop (I''m driving him crazy)... but me?...I love it! Thanks so much!
36.gif
LOL..

How do you think my boyfriend felt when I was designing my setting?

An excerpt:

"Hey, look what I drew!"
... 2 hours later...
"Brian! What about this??"
... 3 hours later...
"You know... I think I should go with this."
... the next morning...
"Ummm... I think I like this better, what about you?"
... later that afternoon...
"What do you think??!!"
... 2 weeks later...
"You never give me your opinon!!"

He''s a very, very patient man.... lol.

.......If I had all the drawings I''ve sketched for my engagement ring I''d scan them, but they''re at the jewelers.....

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the one you tried to photoshop yourself the best. However, I would want the band to look like the pave diamonds in Catmom''s ring or in the original swoopy design with hardly any metal showing...so it''s super delicate. Remember how I told you originally that I had just seen one like the swoopy setting? The one I saw was actually just like your photoshop picture but with that pave style with tiny diamonds where hardly any metal shows. And maybe a little more space between the open part in the shank.

I liked the original swoopy one, too...but I totally know what you mean about needing a bigger diamond so it doesn''t get overwhelmed...I know your diamond is no slouch, but sometimes it seems like the super intricate designs need a HUGE diamond to not get lost in all the details.

I know how hard it is to pick a custom setting...it''s almost too much freedom! But just remember that all these designs are beautiful, so you can''t go wrong, you know?

Good luck and keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results