shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop help, please...so I can make my final decision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 9:34:10 PM
Author: thing2of2

I liked the original swoopy one, too...but I totally know what you mean about needing a bigger diamond so it doesn''t get overwhelmed...I know your diamond is no slouch, but sometimes it seems like the super intricate designs need a HUGE diamond to not get lost in all the details.

I know how hard it is to pick a custom setting...it''s almost too much freedom!
even buying stock these days is overwhelming LOL

You know though, I think those swoopy intricate designs are something you love or don''t love *regardless* of how big your diamond is.... because I worry about mine getting lost and it isn''t exactly small. I think any sized diamond is going to look good in those settings. Unless you''re looking for a different look in which case it doesn''t matter how big the diamond is.

Early on when I was looking for settings I took my diamond all over and several people from different places all wanted to put it into a 9mm setting. I see their reasoning... they''re usually putting a 6mm round in these settings and for once they see this big diamond that they think is going to NOT get lost and you know? it still gets lost!! It is like 9mm x 18mm of glitter and it is hard to see where one bit starts and another stops LOL Colored stones work well in these settings because they stand out against it... but sometimes smaller stones look BETTER because they look like a balanced part of the design.

Ultimately it''s all just a matter of personal taste. :)

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 9:11:29 PM
Author: curiopotter

Date: 3/27/2007 4:40:11 PM
Author: dianne

Date: 3/27/2007 1:54:18 AM
Author: curiopotter
I haven''t really figured out what kind of basket underneath would be best. I''m sure you want something that sits lower... I have more of a background in sculpture and architectural model building, so it would be much easier for me to build something than try to think of a way to draw what I''m intending.

Actually I have some jewelers wax and tools at home I could carve into but I''m at school still...

lol.
curio, I think everything you have drawn is great. I think your talent just shines through and I really appreciate your postings. They have definitely made me think of other options I had not even considered...now, my bf may want you to stop (I''m driving him crazy)... but me?...I love it! Thanks so much!
36.gif
LOL..

How do you think my boyfriend felt when I was designing my setting?

An excerpt:

''Hey, look what I drew!''
... 2 hours later...
''Brian! What about this??''
... 3 hours later...
''You know... I think I should go with this.''
... the next morning...
''Ummm... I think I like this better, what about you?''
... later that afternoon...
''What do you think??!!''
... 2 weeks later...
''You never give me your opinon!!''

He''s a very, very patient man.... lol.

.......If I had all the drawings I''ve sketched for my engagement ring I''d scan them, but they''re at the jewelers.....
Oh My Gosh! I think I just had a flashback! LOL It sounds like my house! My man is very patient, also...and very careful to support me without saying too much because he wants the entire decision to be mine...sounds sweet, huh?...trust me, he doesn''t want to get blamed if I change my mind later...yep, patient man--and smart!....lol

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 9:34:10 PM
Author: thing2of2
I LOVE the one you tried to photoshop yourself the best. However, I would want the band to look like the pave diamonds in Catmom''s ring or in the original swoopy design with hardly any metal showing...so it''s super delicate. Remember how I told you originally that I had just seen one like the swoopy setting? The one I saw was actually just like your photoshop picture but with that pave style with tiny diamonds where hardly any metal shows. And maybe a little more space between the open part in the shank.

I liked the original swoopy one, too...but I totally know what you mean about needing a bigger diamond so it doesn''t get overwhelmed...I know your diamond is no slouch, but sometimes it seems like the super intricate designs need a HUGE diamond to not get lost in all the details.

I know how hard it is to pick a custom setting...it''s almost too much freedom! But just remember that all these designs are beautiful, so you can''t go wrong, you know?

Good luck and keep us posted!
Exactly! You can only give an indecisive girl like me 3 or 4 settings to choose from...oh, wait! That''s what I have narrowed it down to and still having a problem!...lol I can''t tell you how jealous I am of anyone who says "I saw the perfect setting and it just spoke to me". I am ready to pass out tiny little megaphones to all 4 settings and say, "Talk! Dammit!"
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results