shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of New and Old- FINALLY!! Picture Heavy!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1290220235|2773656 said:
ooo~Shiney!|1290219110|2773639 said:
Oh, I LOVE your pretties! :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

I love them all!

I think you take great pictures, too

(Wait, we can't import rubies here anymore ? )

That's what I thought . . . I know when I look at auction websites from other countries, they have a warning about importing Burma (Myanmar) rubies into the US. . .

Can somebody like TL, Chrono or other smart PSer, please clarify? Maybe a trade person knows that answer? :wavey: :wavey:
There has been a ban on Burmese gems since 2003, but the Block Burma JADE act passed in 2008 (I think) that prevents Burmese rubies and jadeite from entering via 3rd party countries. The original ban left a loophole so that rubies were being exported to countries like India for faceting, and then entering the US.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The US has a ban on rubies and jadeite imported from Burma (Myanma) but old stock or material currently floating around can still be purchased. The link below explains the reason why this ban was imposed.
http://www.ruby-sapphire.com/burma_embargo.htm

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yum yum

I especially adore that sunstone pendant.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Wow what a gorgeous collection of colored stone jewellery you have, Sarahbear! :appl: I especially love the reddish-purple spinel, minty tourmaline, and split shank ruby rings! Enjoy them all and thanks for taking the time to share them with us!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results