shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of New and Old- FINALLY!! Picture Heavy!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Finally I have a camera!!!!!!! I have been a horrible PSer, I always either don't take photos of my pieces or send in the vendors photos so here is my huge update with a few of my new pieces plus a few of my older ones- but at least there are better photos :appl: :appl:

They were outside while it was very cloudy out- so not the best to show the colors but at least it is a starter!

Up first my 1.73ct reddish purple spinel from Rick at Art Cut Gems in a pave LOGR halo. As already mentioned in RL this stone is gorgeous- a rich velvety color

DSCN0066.jpg

DSCN0067.jpg

DSCN0068.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Next is my 1.40ct Seaform Green Tourmaline from Jeff White in legacy halo (also appearing again is my spinel ring and my 2.04ct RB engagment ring)

DSCN0065.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
1.49 ct minty tourmaline also cut by Jeff White in LOGR setting. I'm not in love with this ring. I feel like the 14k whit gold really washes out the mint coloring. I will probably change it in the future.

DSCN0099.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Now on to the blues- my DH's birthstone is blue topaz so I have several pieces of it. The ring on the left is LOGR with a stone set E/W that my DH picked up in the middle east. The pendant and other ring are from my local jeweler here in Japan.

DSCN0096.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Here are the majority of my RHR- can you tell i love :halo: 's.

DSCN0101.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

DSCN0102.jpg

DSCN0103.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

SB621

Ideal_Rock
The sapphires
French cut sapphire ring was for my 27th birthday from local Japanese Jeweler in 14k white gold.

DSCN0113.jpg

DSCN0107.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Now here are some of my pendants. They are all very dirty so apologies in advance! They look much clearer in RL. The garnet and sunstone in particular I couldn't get to photo well at all. They are beautiful and really sparkle in RL. I will try take more photos when it is nice out early next week. It is the only bad thing about living on a sub-tropical island...rain storms all the time.

1.50ct asscher sunstone (from Peter T) in custom setting- rose gold
1.50 Red Garnet (from Gene) in custome semi bezel- white gold
Amitrine from local Japanese Jeweler - This picture is awful and the pendent is covered in grit from being on the ground- I dropped it right before I took the photo :o

DSCN0115.jpg

DSCN0081.jpg

DSCN0082.jpg

DSCN0071.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
More of the sunstone- this is one of my favorite pieces. It was supposed to be based off of two designs by the HK jeweler who made it was slightly confused so it didn't come out exactly how I wanted it- but I love it none the less.

DSCN0070.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
This was also another custom job for my HK jeweler. They are tourmaline brio's from Dana at mastercutgems. When they first sent me the vendor picture of the earrings finised I thought the proportions looked way off- but when I saw them in person they are perfect! I just love them. THANK YOU DANA!

DSCN0078.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My rubies!

DSCN0122.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
ok finally i'm getting towards the end. Here are my halo pendants.
Ruby halo pendant - ruby was purchased in Thailand when DH and I honeymooned there in 2008. It is just over 1.0ct with .20 cts diamonds.
The other pendant is from an old PSer who was selling it. It is a 1ct pale pink/ lavender spinel in a halo that I believe is also around .25cts. WF made the setting though I think they only set the stone. I don't believe they made the halo.

DSCN0120.jpg

DSCN0118.jpg

DSCN0121.jpg

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: OMG Sarahbear.. I love your collection! My favourites are the topaz collection. Is the ruby split shank from LOGR as well?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
agapitor|1290166947|2772703 said:
:love: :love: :love: :love: OMG Sarahbear.. I love your collection! My favourites are the topaz collection. Is the ruby split shank from LOGR as well?

Thanks Agapitor! No the ruby is in a custom setting from my Hong Kong Jeweler. It is actually a twisted split shank. When I say HK jeweler I don't mean I order off of ebay. I actually travel to HK to see them or they come to Japan to do business and we meet up. I hope that clears it up.

Attachments

• shank.bmp
    270.1 KB · Views: 1,145

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
Sarahbear621|1290167217|2772705 said:
agapitor|1290166947|2772703 said:

Thanks Agapitor! No the ruby is in a custom setting from my Hong Kong Jeweler. It is actually a twisted split shank. When I say HK jeweler I don't mean I order off of ebay. I actually travel to HK to see them or they come to Japan to do business and we meet up. I hope that clears it up.

ahh.. gotcha. It's gorgeous! The prongs remind of another Leon ring I've seen on his site.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful photos Sarah, and I have to say, that top diamond studded LOGR halo looks like a hand made piece, it's exquisite!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for taking the time to take so many pictures. More practice is needed to get clearer pictures (or maybe the stones are dirty?) plus having a sunny day always helps. I know the stones probably look a lot better IRL so I can’t wait for Round 2 of pictures. My favourite jewellery piece is definitely your sunstone pendant.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finally getting the new camera. Love looking at your beautiful collection. I also adore that sunstone pendant. Any chance of getting a neck shot?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Yay for a new camera - what kind did you get? It takes lovely photos! That first LOGR ring with the spinel looks like such a weighty, substantial piece - very nice! And I can't wait to see your new bracelet - that will be incredible!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful collection! Thanks for taking the time to photograph them all. Your jeweler may have gotten a bit confused, but the sunstone pendant is spectacular.
:appl:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a very pretty collection. Thank you for sharing.

My favourites are the sunstone pendant and the lilac spinel. I adore the sunstone setting as well - it's perfect!

ruffysdad

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Nice camera work SB :mrgreen: ! Also a sweet collection you've got. I really like that sunstone pendant design, clean lines and elegant :bigsmile: .

Pete

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarah - your collection is really gorgeous!!!! Really, really love your Sunstone pendant and the colour of the bezel is PERFECT! That first LOGR setting is quite stunning and your bezel-set seafoam tourmaline is the inspiration for a project I'm currently working on! Love, love, love your collection!!!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1290175292|2772774 said:
Congrats on finally getting the new camera. Love looking at your beautiful collection. I also adore that sunstone pendant. Any chance of getting a neck shot?

Thanks FG- I will try taking a neck shot later. I actualy haven't worn this pendant yet because I think it looks funny on a white gold or yellow gold chain. It never occured to me to buy a rose gold chain!

Cellentani it is a Nikon Coolpix camera. Trust me I will take many pictures when my braclet comes- is there such a thing as overkill? :Up_to_something:

Aoife /LovingDiamonds/ ruffysdad - thank you for the kind words. The pendant was suppose to be a mix of a JKT design and a tiffany design with a bit more of an modern feel. It was not supposed to have diamonds at all. When the jeweler sent me pictures it looked much closer to the JKT design then what I orginally wanted- I just wanted them to double bezel the sunstone and I used the picture for reference. Oh well I guess some things get lose in translation. Anyhow I didn't have time to have them redo it the way I wanted as we are getting ready to move and the pendant has grown on me very much so now I doubt I will change anything about it...just have to get a rose gold chain to wear it with.

LTP- YOUR KIDDING!! One of my pieces inspired you?!?!?! I"m shocked! Those two rings are actually my favorites- I'm disappointed that the spinel color didn't come out beter- truly it is stunning. I don't think LOGR makes some of their settings like they used to last year. It seems the one I bought in 2008/2009 were much better then 2010 but that is just my observation. I actually have another LOGR legacy being set as we speak- it is two tone. WG shank with a YH halo for a Rhodolite Garnet cut by GF. You inspired this project!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sarah!! :wavey:

Wow, what an awesome collection! :cheeky:

I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE THE RUBY! :love: :love:

Where did you get it? I want!! Do you get good ruby prices over in Asia? We're not allowed to import them into the US anymore, so what's left here is expen$ive. A large ruby is on my life list, but I think I'd have to sell my car. :lol:

Love it all, SB, hard to single them all out. Lovely!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I LOVE your pretties! :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

I love them all!

I think you take great pictures, too

(Wait, we can't import rubies here anymore ? )

iLander

Ideal_Rock
ooo~Shiney!|1290219110|2773639 said:
Oh, I LOVE your pretties! :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

I love them all!

I think you take great pictures, too

(Wait, we can't import rubies here anymore ? )

That's what I thought . . . I know when I look at auction websites from other countries, they have a warning about importing Burma (Myanmar) rubies into the US. . .

Can somebody like TL, Chrono or other smart PSer, please clarify? Maybe a trade person knows that answer? :wavey: :wavey:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1290217730|2773620 said:
Hi Sarah!! :wavey:

Wow, what an awesome collection! :cheeky:

I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE THE RUBY! :love: :love:

Where did you get it? I want!! Do you get good ruby prices over in Asia? We're not allowed to import them into the US anymore, so what's left here is expen$ive. A large ruby is on my life list, but I think I'd have to sell my car. :lol:

Love it all, SB, hard to single them all out. Lovely!
Hey ilander!
So I think the price of rubies varies depending on what Asian country you are in. I wouldn't buy rubies in China or Japan. However in Hong Kong and Thailand I would buy them- there you can negoitate on pricing a little. My larger 8.05ct was bought when my DH went on a business trip so I don't know the store name. The smaller ruby that is set in the pendant was purchased in Thailand at a large Thai Jeweler house. Of course I can't remember the name of it now, but it is very popular among the Japanese to shop there. I will try to find my paperwork and post the name. It was 2 floors of the most unbelievable jeweler I had ever seen. It would put most royal jewels to shame.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I like the mint tourmaline in the white gold and think you oughtn't reset it. Any other color metal would impose itself on the tone of the stone, which is delicate as is befitting in a mint tourmaline.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous collection you have!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results