shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of Lightbox Jewelry

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came today right before I had to run out the door so this is the best I could do in the Uber lol. I’ll try for better photos tomorrow but I’m happy with it. It’s no ags0 but it’s not bad either. I’d say maybe Gia VG

A39270B6-EE61-4FD0-8598-6B3CDDB0C41D.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m happy with mine! This is it next to my Tiffany .72 pendant! I’ll take more photos and a video tomorrow!
My only issue is that it’s so close in size..I thought it would look much bigger then the .72. I could use it for something else later but I have enough rings..I toyed with a bangle bracelet but I only like hinged bracelets..not the open ones...I can’t do anything else this year so I would have to save it for later. I have to think this through...If I didn’t have studs I would have definitely made those after buying another one. Brainstorming on whether to keep it because it’s beautiful.
BE7E55AF-E859-4B29-9919-AC60CB7370E3.png

Last edited:

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Ahhh! So exciting! Mine is still supposed to be coming in tomorrow. But the yellow gold one also shipped and should be here Friday!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I’m happy with mine! This is it next to my Tiffany .72 pendant! I’ll take more photos and a video tomorrow!
My only issue is that it’s so close in size..I thought it would look much bigger then the .72. I could use it for something else later but I have enough rings..I toyed with a bangle bracelet but I only like hinged bracelets..not the open ones...I can’t do anything else this year so I would have to save it for later. I have to think this through...If I didn’t have studs I would have definitely made those after buying another one. Brainstorming on whether to keep it because it’s beautiful.

Wow - I am impressed! It really does look gorgeous! I have thought about getting 2 of these for studs as well, but I have been thinking about smaller CBI studs for my 20th anniversary next year. Would you get these Lightbox 1 carats for studs and get a CBI for another purpose, or would you recommend the super ideals for studs?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - I am impressed! It really does look gorgeous! I have thought about getting 2 of these for studs as well, but I have been thinking about smaller CBI studs for my 20th anniversary next year. Would you get these Lightbox 1 carats for studs and get a CBI for another purpose, or would you recommend the super ideals for studs?

@OdetteOdile These are gorgeous..no doubt. They would make beautiful stud earrings. Personally, I would get the smaller CBI studs because you can always upgrade them later if you wish.....and they are super ideals...Your 20th anniversary deserves the best you can afford...I took out my loupe and can see the difference between the LB diamond and my Tiffany diamond...but on the ear you will see nothing but sparkle from the Lightbox diamonds. It really depends on what you want..Don’t jump into anything...Think about it and don’t settle...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. Maybe set it into a fancy pin/brooch? Super posh anklet? Lol.
Hair pin?

I mean there must be a way to use this beauty!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@OdetteOdile These are gorgeous..no doubt. They would make beautiful stud earrings. Personally, I would get the smaller CBI studs because you can always upgrade them later if you wish.....and they are super ideals...Your 20th anniversary deserves the best you can afford...I took out my loupe and can see the difference between the LB diamond and my Tiffany diamond...but on the ear you will see nothing but sparkle from the Lightbox diamonds. It really depends on what you want..Don’t jump into anything...Think about it and don’t settle...

Thank you for your reply Mamabean. That is the direction I am leaning towards. Quite honestly, I think my 20th anniversary might be my big chance to dip my toe in the waters of an upgradable super ideal. I really want the gift to be something I wear every day, and I know I will wear diamond studs every day.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your reply Mamabean. That is the direction I am leaning towards. Quite honestly, I think my 20th anniversary might be my big chance to dip my toe in the waters of an upgradable super ideal. I really want the gift to be something I wear every day, and I know I will wear diamond studs every day.
@OdetteOdileThat the beauty of getting a CBI or an ACA..You have a perfect cut and you can upgrade them later if you start smaller than you want.
if you can also get a LB diamond I highly recommend it...I’m walking around wearing the LB and Tiffany pendants together! I have to say it’s hard to tell them apart. They are both sparkle bombs! I think I may keep it...Still thinking...I thought it would be easier. The LB is pretty darn good!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow! That looks really good.....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm. Maybe set it into a fancy pin/brooch? Super posh anklet? Lol.
Hair pin?

I mean there must be a way to use this beauty!

I’m thinking a bangle bracelet..lol I don’t have any bling money left so it would have to be next year. This pendant is longer than my other one. I like the length! I’m just so surprised at how nice it is! I think I may have to keep it..:think:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m keeping it!!! I can’t send this back...I know I’ll regret it if I did. I’ll wear it like this for the year..Next year I may do a solitaire bangle. :appl:

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m thinking a bangle bracelet..lol I don’t have any bling money left so it would have to be next year. This pendant is longer than my other one. I like the length! I’m just so surprised at how nice it is! I think I may have to keep it..:think:

Yeah I thought I’d be annoyed at the length but having it longer means layering!

BDD9CF70-B20C-4039-8C67-77FD5D9753F6.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I thought I’d be annoyed at the length but having it longer means layering!

BDD9CF70-B20C-4039-8C67-77FD5D9753F6.jpeg

That looks really nice! I didn’t notice it had another loop to shorten it too. I wouldn’t like the extra length to be dangling down the back though. I like the longer length like you said for layering.. I took the tag off so it’s mine!

Last edited:

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
I got both the necklaces in! They look great! Both are fairly white. The diamond in the yg setting is a bit harder to determine the color. The one in wg is whiter than my I colored diamond. The cut quality is close in both. I'm having a hard time deciding which I like better. One is slightly larger than the other. I have digital calipers, and it's only about 1/10 mm difference. I could find the engraved logo with a 10X loupe within a few minutes. I took several photos and videos of them next to my mined diamond, but I'm not sure they're all that great. I will share a few and try again tomorrow to get some better ones.

IMG_20200227_164313.jpg IMG_20200227_164316.jpg

Last edited:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing the new 1ct pendants, they look gorgeous, if only LB shipped to Australia......sigh..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got both the necklaces in! They look great! Both are fairly white. The diamond in the yg setting is a bit harder to determine the color. The one in wg is whiter than my I colored diamond. The cut quality is close in both. I'm having a hard time deciding which I like better. One is slightly larger than the other. I have digital calipers, and it's only about 1/10 mm difference. I could find the engraved logo with a 10X loupe within a few minutes. I took several photos and videos of them next to my mined diamond, but I'm not sure they're all that great. I will share a few and try again tomorrow to get some better ones.

IMG_20200227_164313.jpg IMG_20200227_164316.jpg

They look so pretty Miss_LK! Which one are you leaning towards keeping?

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
They look so pretty Miss_LK! Which one are you leaning towards keeping?

I'm not sure! I keep going back and forth on which one seems to perform better. It's pretty close! I'm going to take a few days and try to look at them in all different types of lighting then decide. I'll probably try to take some pictures and videos. Maybe I'll ask y'all to help me decide!

Do you think one has an edge? Lol

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure! I keep going back and forth on which one seems to perform better. It's pretty close! I'm going to take a few days and try to look at them in all different types of lighting then decide. I'll probably try to take some pictures and videos. Maybe I'll ask y'all to help me decide!

I think they‘re both really pretty @Miss_LK. I thought the yellow gold gave the diamond a beautiful golden color..It may have just been the way it photographed. I also thought the white gold setting made the diamond whiter. I would wear them outside and take videos...I would love to see them in action..It’s so hard to take photos of diamonds. I stink so I gave up..haha..I’m waiting for @MakingTheGrade to take some photos and videos..hint hint...
I can’t find that logo! Is it in the center of the table? I can see inside the diamond clearly but I don’t see it..I’m beginning to wonder if they didn’t laser mine...I don’t think that’s possible...I know @DoeEyes also had trouble finding it in the .50 diamond. She eventually found it.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

In looking at your pictures, the diamond set in the yellow gold appears warmer to me. I think it is possibly due to the fact that it is set in yellow gold though. Thank you for the pictures. I love hearing the updates!

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
I think they‘re both really pretty @Miss_LK. I thought the yellow gold gave the diamond a beautiful golden color..It may have just been the way it photographed. I also thought the white gold setting made the diamond whiter. I would wear them outside and take videos...I would love to see them in action..It’s so hard to take photos of diamonds. I stink so I gave up..haha..I’m waiting for @MakingTheGrade to take some photos and videos..hint hint...
I can’t find that logo! Is it in the center of the table? I can see inside the diamond clearly but I don’t see it..I’m beginning to wonder if they didn’t laser mine...I don’t think that’s possible...I know @DoeEyes also had trouble finding it in the .50 diamond. She eventually found it.

I am actually going to have the stone reset for an engagement ring! And i haven't settled on which color metal to use. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have ordered them in the same color setting to better compare the stones without the different color metals affecting how they look. I'm pretty sure the color in both stones is probably very similar, but I know the stone in the wg setting is a higher color grade than my I color diamond.

I actually took several videos outside! I uploaded them to a youtube channel, but the uploads aren't complete so the resolution is still low. I'll link the channel so that people can view them. They were taken outside a couple hours before sunset on a pretty cloudy day. There are 8 videos as of right now, but they're all pretty short (less than 30 seconds).

The logo is under the table. I didn't have too hard of a time finding it, but I have a pair of .50ctw light blue studs from Lightbox so I already had some practice finding it.

In looking at your pictures, the diamond set in the yellow gold appears warmer to me. I think it is possibly due to the fact that it is set in yellow gold though. Thank you for the pictures. I love hearing the updates!

I'm almost certain that the yellow gold is making the stone appear much warmer than it would in wg. I wouldn't be surprised if the stone is more of an H color at most.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock

This is the link to the channel I created to post the videos to. I'm completely clueless when it comes to uploading videos to youtube. The quality on the videos is really bad right now, but a quick Google search explained that youtube posts the videos in low resolution first so that they are available to be watched, but continues to upload them in better quality in the background. So hopefully later they'll be available to view in higher resolution.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

This is the link to the channel I created to post the videos to. I'm completely clueless when it comes to uploading videos to youtube. The quality on the videos is really bad right now, but a quick Google search explained that youtube posts the videos in low resolution first so that they are available to be watched, but continues to upload them in better quality in the background. So hopefully later they'll be available to view in higher resolution.

Videos look good to me! I think I see a lot of movement and sparkle out of the LB diamonds, but looks like your earth grown engagement ring diamond has clearer arrows. Do you agree?

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Videos look good to me! I think I see a lot of movement and sparkle out of the LB diamonds, but looks like your earth grown engagement ring diamond has clearer arrows. Do you agree?

Yes. I think they are more defined than the arrows in the Lightbox diamonds. I'm not too surprised since the mined diamond has pretty good specs. But as far as performance goes with brilliance, scintillation, etc, i personally can't see a HUGE difference. But I am far from a professional at this, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@OdetteOdile It’s the same with earth diamonds..There are many diamonds that are very good cuts and others that are ideal cuts..super ideals, etc. The card that came in the box showed a range of specs.It said their diamonds are GHIJ and Very Good cut. For a very good cut..they’re pretty darn good..haha

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@OdetteOdile It’s the same with earth diamonds..There are many diamonds that are very good cuts and others that are ideal cuts..super ideals, etc. The card that came in the box showed a range of specs.It said their diamonds are GHIJ and Very Good cut. For a very good cut..they’re pretty darn good..haha

Agreed! These LB diamonds look much better to me than “very good” cut! I am impressed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results