shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of Lightbox Jewelry

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
05930068-E482-4D08-83DD-0021E9EE1203.jpeg 89C636CB-F367-41A3-A19A-6077E82DBA71.jpeg I got their 1 ctw pink halo studs and 0.5 ctw white halo studs. Going to return the white ones I think. The pink ones are gorgeous! Super sparkly and the cut seems totally acceptable. In the future I probably wouldn’t go below a 0.4 carat with them for a given stone- the 0.2s were significantly less sparkly than my Costco diamonds of a comparable (or slightly smaller) size. Sorry for the crappy pics. If anyone knows how to make an iPhone 7 focus on super close up things let me know!

Do you find the pink to be too intense in saturation? I’m considering getting a pair of pink 1ctw studs to reset into a rose gold open bangle to stack with my diamond one but I’m worried the pink color will be too saturated and seem like cz Jewellery from Claire’s lol. Some of the stock photos make the pink look lovely and delicate and relatively realistic whereas in other ones they look like a strong bubble gum pink.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I tend to think the line between fashion and fine jewelry is the metal for the setting. In my mind, 14k+, palladium and platinum would be fine and sterling silver and other metals would be fashion. So, I consider all my Tiffany silver jewelry, even those that have diamonds, as fashion pieces. However, I consider a chunk of quartz on a thin gold chain from the Frank Gehry collection to be fine jewelry. All my mmds are set in gold. I think part of that distinction for me is if you try to sell jewelry quickly (pawn, gold resale), you’d only get some percent of spot price and often without regard to the brand or stones. I once took a walk with a friend who on a whim went into a pawn shop. Within seconds she sold her Tiffany keychain for what it was worth in its silver weight. She got two bucks and change. Had I known that she was going to do that I would have at least offered her five or to buy her an extra value meal — upsized!

Emerald_city

Rough_Rock
Premium
Do you find the pink to be too intense in saturation? I’m considering getting a pair of pink 1ctw studs to reset into a rose gold open bangle to stack with my diamond one but I’m worried the pink color will be too saturated and seem like cz Jewellery from Claire’s lol. Some of the stock photos make the pink look lovely and delicate and relatively realistic whereas in other ones they look like a strong bubble gum pink.
So on the one hand, they are definitely pretty pink. I actually think I’d want them just a little more desaturated too. But I definitely wouldn’t say they are bubble gum pink. And they sparkle beautifully. I do think they might not look like diamonds to most: either people don’t know about pink diamonds, or they do and know that it’s unlikely I’m wearing 200k in my ears, but I don’t care. :D I tried not to buy them for that reason (though any white diamonds I totally would want to make sure looked “real”).

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
@frogplus An engagement ring is a symbol of love, no matter what materials it is made of. It can be platinum, gold, silver, ruby, sapphire, moisanite, synthetic stones ... or whatsover. I think you are 100% happy with your LB lad diamond and that's it. The ring itself is much more meaningful than the materials. If many people believe in DeBeers ' slogan " a diamond is forever", then the engagement ring could be a diamond ring! But a more expensive engagement ring may not bring more happiness to the couple at all and vice versa!

To many others, including LightBox, MMD is casual/fashion jewelry. It costs now 800 usd/ carat. Full stop!:roll

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@frogplus An engagement ring is a symbol of love, no matter what materials it is made of. It can be platinum, gold, silver, ruby, sapphire, moisanite, synthetic stones ... or whatsover. I think you are 100% happy with your LB lad diamond and that's it. The ring itself is much more meaningful than the materials. If many people believe in DeBeers ' slogan " a diamond is forever", then the engagement ring could be a diamond ring! But a more expensive engagement ring may not bring more happiness to the couple at all and vice versa!

To many others, including LightBox, MMD is casual/fashion jewelry. It costs now 800 usd/ carat. Full stop!:roll

I guess I would define fashion jewelry as the stuff you can buy at TJ Maxx for $20-30. My half carat from LB was $500. That's a lot of money. Just because it's less than natural diamonds, doesn't mean it's cheap fashion jewelry. It's still very expensive for a tiny stone that serves no other purpose than looking pretty.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@stonewell I've been trying to find the lightbox logo inscription and still couldn't find it no matter what. Tried with 30x 45x 60x loupe, with and without light. I had left my loose diamond with this one jeweler thinking I was going to get a setting from her, then changed my mind and went to pick it up, but I had a lingering paranoia that she could have swapped it for a CZ without me knowing.

Tonight I was trying to find the logo again and my boyfriend said let me try. I didn't show him the logo but kind of described it as a box with a triangle. He thought he found it, so instead of showing him the picture he drew what he saw.
IMG_20181019_181034.jpg
I think it's safe to say I can stop being paranoid, it definitely wasn't swapped! I showed him the logo after he drew this and he said that's definitely what he sees. I'm still trying but I still haven't found it. :geek2:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay, you did it! It’s quite elusive, isn’t it? The nice thing is, you’ll find it easier from now on to locate. I think it’s quite clever they placed it on the table; it’s easier to find than the usual girdle inscriptions, imho.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, you did it! It’s quite elusive, isn’t it? The nice thing is, you’ll find it easier from now on to locate. I think it’s quite clever they placed it on the table; it’s easier to find than the usual girdle inscriptions, imho.

Yes, so elusive. But you're right now that I've found it I'm able to find it again and again. I feel much more confident now getting it set, cleaned, plated etc anything where it leaves my sight, I can check to make sure it's still the same stone. Yay!:appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking a little more closely, the prongs are a little wonky but I have always intended to re-set them.
Did you ever reset them? If so, did you have any trouble having a local jeweler reset them?

twang07

Shiny_Rock
I had the honor of helping my friend select a diamond and even more fun he let me play with his diamond. This is a GIA H next to the stone and my earrings. I think the lightbox stone is definitely whiter than an H I am quite surprised!

730D6883-1F86-4294-B3F6-8BCA9056FE20.jpeg
05D8E90E-3908-470C-8F00-FF4399FA8415.jpeg
DAE734D0-62F0-42B3-8FF4-117D182C5B84.jpeg

Attachments

• 63D9BD1D-2C99-46A2-833F-2D1B47145704.jpeg
    63D9BD1D-2C99-46A2-833F-2D1B47145704.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 120

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for showing us with photos!
I’m trying to decide what size princess cut studs to get. Mind you Lightbox still hasn’t come out with white princess studs yet but know they’re on the horizon. I’m so undecided! I have a large size for me set of MRB studs so I don’t have the need to go large. I would ideally like a 1.5 pair of princess studs but I don’t think Lightbox will come out with that size. I would have to get the 1 ctw for 1k but I think they would be too small. I would still need to have them set by David for near $500. if I go with 2 ctw I would have to get two 1 carat necklaces and I’m worried they would be too large for princess studs. That would be $1,800 for the necklaces and then $500 to have them set. If I bought the 1.5 in mined it would cost me around 5k..and that would be all in because that includes the setting...so a big difference in price..Sorry for rambling but I need opinions please..

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for showing us with photos!
I’m trying to decide what size princess cut studs to get. Mind you Lightbox still hasn’t come out with white princess studs yet but know they’re on the horizon. I’m so undecided! I have a large size for me set of MRB studs so I don’t have the need to go large. I would ideally like a 1.5 pair of princess studs but I don’t think Lightbox will come out with that size. I would have to get the 1 ctw for 1k but I think they would be too small. I would still need to have them set by David for near $500. if I go with 2 ctw I would have to get two 1 carat necklaces and I’m worried they would be too large for princess studs. That would be $1,800 for the necklaces and then $500 to have them set. If I bought the 1.5 in mined it would cost me around 5k..and that would be all in because that includes the setting...so a big difference in price..Sorry for rambling but I need opinions please..

I have no idea but sounds like if the cost of the setting is equitable and you're going to trash the setting I'd go with whatever option would save me the money for the setting. Maybe your ears will grow used to 2ctw princess :mrgreen:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea but sounds like if the cost of the setting is equitable and you're going to trash the setting I'd go with whatever option would save me the money for the setting. Maybe your ears will grow used to 2ctw princess :mrgreen:
Thanks! I made my decision. I’m going with the 2 ctw princess studs made by David Klass from the two 1 carat necklaces on Lightbox! My mom has a ton of cz’s that come on a card..She wears the honkers and won’t wear the smaller ones..so I thought maybe she would have a two carat (1 carat each) pair up there..and she did! They’re not as big as I imagined them to be..since they are smaller than a 1 carat each round would be..Soooo now that my decision is made I can stop obsessing about it. David said he can make any settting I want but I like the simple tiny prong basket settings anyway..I’m so happy to make this decision! Now I can’t wait for Christmas to order them!

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I made my decision. I’m going with the 2 ctw princess studs made by David Klass from the two 1 carat necklaces on Lightbox! My mom has a ton of cz’s that come on a card..She wears the honkers and won’t wear the smaller ones..so I thought maybe she would have a two carat (1 carat each) pair up there..and she did! They’re not as big as I imagined them to be..since they are smaller than a 1 carat each round would be..Soooo now that my decision is made I can stop obsessing about it. David said he can make any settting I want but I like the simple tiny prong basket settings anyway..I’m so happy to make this decision! Now I can’t wait for Christmas to order them!

How exciting! Can't wait to see please post pics!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting! Can't wait to see please post pics!
Yes! I couldn’t wait so I ordered a pair of asscher step cut studs! I can’t wait to get them!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, @Jill Smith! Especially the pink one and the 3rd one. Who made the ring 3rd Ring? I am a sucker for reverse tapered bands like that.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Jill Smith - You're selling so soon? Is it listed on loupetroop?

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In that case you should notify admin and they will give you a trade banner, @Jill Smith.

I will check out your Facebook page.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Any more pictures? Especially of the blue .5 ct earrings in ears next to an ACA? Debating whether I should get a pair of blues :roll2::oops2: I even re-pierce my second ear holes...in case I like the small blue or pink.

bv_jewels

Rough_Rock
Here she is! 0.5 carat white solitaire pendant. I tried to get pictures from a few different angles... Diamonds are surprising difficult to photograph. If anyone wants photos of anything in particular let me know. I'm trying to find a micro lens for my phone to try and get some clearer pictures up close.

First look!
IMG_20180928_172425.jpg IMG_20180928_172512.jpg
Trying to get an idea of what it will look like as a ring. My ring finger is size 4.5.
IMG_20180928_174537.jpg IMG_20180928_174554.jpg IMG_20180928_174601.jpg IMG_20180928_174628.jpg

That looks very neat .... I saw their two diamond pendants and I think they are pretty darned good for rings too ...

bv_jewels

Rough_Rock
That’s good, thanks. More sparkly than I expected.
did lightbox put in a certificate or something to that effect to say that they were diamonds?

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
did lightbox put in a certificate or something to that effect to say that they were diamonds?
There are no certificates or documentation and they are not graded at all. The only "proof" is the Lightbox logo inscription on the actual diamond, and the receipt. Lightbox website explains that they are real lab grown diamonds.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Post photos of your diamonds from Lightbox Jewelry here!

My half carat solitaire pendant was delivered this morning but I won't see it until I get home from work. Can't wait to share pictures with everyone!
I enjoyed looking at all your photos. I am interested in Lightbox jewelry. I have two organic diamond rings. One is my engagement ring and one is a 3 stone RHR. I love them and wear them often. But because of the prices of diamonds these days I never thought I would be adding to my diamond collection. I am especially interested in the pendants and the blue studs. BTW I think the person going on and on about how it's just " costume jewelry etc etc blah blah" is trolling. Maybe they don't realize it. Not sure. Look forward to seeing everyone's MMD jewelry

Lee_Tol

Rough_Rock
Going to return the white ones I think.

@Emerald_city Did you ever end up returning the white halos to Lightbox? They state on their webpage that they only accept returns with their prepaid label and no external carriers. A bit wary about sending something through USPS with their prepaid label with no signature confirmation. USPS is notorious for misdeliveries, and Lightbox will not accept liability for lost/misdelivered returns. Thanks!

BTW, if you want to take macro shots in the future with your phone, try external lens attachments. =]

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Lee_Tol, I am curious where you got your information. Before I returned a pendant I called LightBox and they told me that my return using their prepaid label was insured.

Lee_Tol

Rough_Rock
@kindred

I haven't talked to a rep but I was going by the verbiage on the website which has me a bit nervous. Even USPS says that standard tracking is not a guarantee that the package is delivered to the intended recipient, just that the package was delivered.

"We will only accept returns that are returned using the prepaid USPS shipping label that we send to you at the time you request a return. Please ensure that you obtain a proof of postage when shipping your return as we cannot issue a refund for items that are lost in transit or not received. We also will not accept liability for any items that might be lost in transit or don’t arrive should you choose an alternative shipment method."

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Lee_Tol, I hadn't seen that. That is concerning. Hopefully they just worded things poorly and you will be ok as long as you receive proof of mailing, because otherwise it puts consumers in a terrible position.

Lee_Tol

Rough_Rock
@kindred I'll completely concur. I will clarify with a rep after the holidays and maybe wait to ship it back if they require me to use USPS since they have extended returns. I would prefer to send it via registered US mail with signature, or FedEx with signature even if at my expense since it is better than having to deal with claiming a loss.

At least I have some peace of mind that your returned pendant made it through!

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
@kindred

I haven't talked to a rep but I was going by the verbiage on the website which has me a bit nervous. Even USPS says that standard tracking is not a guarantee that the package is delivered to the intended recipient, just that the package was delivered.

"We will only accept returns that are returned using the prepaid USPS shipping label that we send to you at the time you request a return. Please ensure that you obtain a proof of postage when shipping your return as we cannot issue a refund for items that are lost in transit or not received. We also will not accept liability for any items that might be lost in transit or don’t arrive should you choose an alternative shipment method."
Interesting.
I made a return and called to asked if I can first scratch out the name because it had “jewelry” in it and was worried about possible theft during transit. They told me it was insured. I admit, I was still nervous but it did get back to them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results