shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of Lightbox Jewelry

dhoang132

Rough_Rock
Wow I’m impressed, well I’m never buying a natural diamond again unless they are heavily discounted lol

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@kindred Hmm, I wonder if there's a PS recommended jeweler/expert in the Philly area that I could take this to to get the ASET and Idealscope. Or maybe just wait for someone else's results and assume they apply to my stone as well!
I just measured the necklace and it's about 15" but there's a knot in it I can't get out! Can't believe it shipped with a knot. I'm 99% sure I didn't create the knot.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@kindred Hmm, I wonder if there's a PS recommended jeweler/expert in the Philly area that I could take this to to get the ASET and Idealscope. Or maybe just wait for someone else's results and assume they apply to my stone as well!
I just measured the necklace and it's about 15" but there's a knot in it I can't get out! Can't believe it shipped with a knot. I'm 99% sure I didn't create the knot.
You can purchase inexpensive hearts and arrows viwer from amazon and it will def give you some idea about symmetry of the stone and if it has defined arrows which will mean that it pretty well cut !!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Something like that ! I guess it’s like 10$ BC022519-7DA4-4517-8F5A-A9F2A3B20DBD.png

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@frogplus, the diamond looks fantastic! From your photos, it appears to be very nicely cut. It’s also a beautiful size for your slender finger - I have finger size envy. :D

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@stonewell Thanks! I agree, I think the size is perfect for my finger. Feeling very thankful for my little hands right now!

@Golden_bird I might be willing to spend up to $50, but I really want something that will give me the table/depth/crown/pavilion exact numbers. I guess I could spend $50 on an ASET scope and post the picture here for feedback from the experts. I can't find anywhere to buy an Idealscope.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@frogplus, I can't believe they sent you a necklace with a knot in it! :!: Good thing you aren't going to wear it as a necklace!

You can purchase the Idealscope and ASET here:
https://datlas.com/ideal-scope-store/

Thanks so much for measuring the chain! :wavey:

Are you going to set the dimond in a simple solitaire setting? You might want to check out ID Jewelry in NY and see if they csn save you money on a setting.

ETA - I think Stuller has some white gold settings that aren't supposed to need rhodium plating to stay shiny. And most Jewelers offer free cleaning even if you didn't buy from them. It helps to get people in the door and looking at their merchandise.

Last edited:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@stonewell Thanks! I agree, I think the size is perfect for my finger. Feeling very thankful for my little hands right now!

@Golden_bird I might be willing to spend up to $50, but I really want something that will give me the table/depth/crown/pavilion exact numbers. I guess I could spend $50 on an ASET scope and post the picture here for feedback from the experts. I can't find anywhere to buy an Idealscope.

You can buy both scopes here: https://ideal-scope.com/shop/?product_order=date&product_sort=asc

I bought when they had a set with both scopes, including the ideal light, but I think they’ve discontinued it. You can use your cell phone backlight, which would mimick it.

I’ll be happy to post IS and ASET images when my orders finish their slow trip to CA. I’m cursing myself for picking the snail mail option, but in my defense, I was half asleep when I ordered. lol

Edit - Whoops.... Didn’t mean to be redundant. I think I was responding when you posted @kindred. David Atlas is another great option!

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
You can buy both scopes here: https://ideal-scope.com/shop/?product_order=date&product_sort=asc

I bought when they had a set with both scopes, including the ideal light, but I think they’ve discontinued it. You can use your cell phone backlight, which would mimick it.

I’ll be happy to post IS and ASET images when my orders finish their slow trip to CA. I’m cursing myself for picking the snail mail option, but in my defense, I was half asleep when I ordered. lol

Edit - Whoops.... I think I was responding when you posted @kindred. David Atlas is another great option!
Can w use the ASET reliably when mounted? Or, is it worthless? I ordered the ASET but don’t plan on unmounting the earrings anytime too soon.

Last edited:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can w use the ASET reliably when mounted? Or, is it worthless? I ordered the ASET but don’t plan on unmounting it anytime too soon.

Ideally, it works best on unmounted stones, but I’ve used it with plenty of mounted ones. The challenge is making certain the edge of the scope is aligned with the girdle of the diamond. So, I would say it’s simply easier with unmounted stones. Since the LB pieces are set in fairly simple settings, it shouldn’t present too much of a problem.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@kindred I got the knot out. Took me half an hour fiddling with it on the couch. I might send them a picture of the knot and see if they'll refund my shipping fee or something. Worth a shot!

So at that link, I see the ASET Scope for $50-$55, is the Ideal Scope the the one called Dual LED 10X Ideal-Scope Loupe? Is there a kit that has both? Do I need the other stuff like the tweezers or those glass plates?

Yes, I'm planning on a simple 6-prong white gold setting. I like the classic Tiffany style but maybe something slightly different, definitely 6-prong though. I'm planning on going to my local jeweler tomorrow to look at their settings. I'd love to have it done locally so I don't have to ship it anywhere or travel. I called a couple weeks ago and they said they do have a Tiffany replica for like $650, which is higher than I was expecting but I'll see what else they have. Even for $650, the total for the ring will come to just under $1200 which is amazing.

Curious about these white gold settings that don't need rhodium plating. It's my understanding that all white gold will eventually need plating/dipping. Maybe it's not white gold or it's a different composition? Where can I find out more?

@stonewell Same question for you, where on that site would I find the Idealscope? I see the ASET scope for $50 but nothing is called Idealscope. Is David Atlas another place to buy the ASET/IS? Which one would I buy from his site? I'm excited to see your images when you get yours!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Side note... how do I quote people on this site? I tried hitting the + Quote button but that doesn't seem to do it...

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
@frogplus, yay, it’s so pretty and the size is very elegant on your finger. Looks totally colorless. Hope your BF appreciates how much hard work you put in and how much money you’re saving! He better be planning an amazing proposal, and I’d make him plan the honeymoon too!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@peacechick LOL Yes he totally appreciates it. We are sitting on the couch right now and I'm just staring at it and I said something like "I love this, and the thing I like the best about it is how cheap it is! It looks just like every other diamond I've been looking at and it was only 500 bucks!" and he was like, "Babe that's why I love you." In the beginning of this diamond journey he was getting so annoyed with me coming home every night changing my mind about what I wanted, but I think now he sees that there was truly a method to my madness! I had to go through all of that to know what I really wanted and what was important.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Side note... how do I quote people on this site? I tried hitting the + Quote button but that doesn't seem to do it...

If you click the “Reply” option, it should quote the posters comment for you. =)2

@stonewell Same question for you, where on that site would I find the Idealscope? I see the ASET scope for $50 but nothing is called Idealscope. Is David Atlas another place to buy the ASET/IS? Which one would I buy from his site? I'm excited to see your images when you get yours!

On David Atlas’ site, you can get the beginner Ideal scope: https://datlas.com/ideal-scope-store/beginner-scope/

In the site I listed, it’s here: https://ideal-scope.com/product/beginner-scope/

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
If you click the “Reply” option, it should quote the posters comment for you. =)2

On David Atlas’ site, you can get the beginner Ideal scope: https://datlas.com/ideal-scope-store/beginner-scope/

In the site I listed, it’s here: https://ideal-scope.com/product/beginner-scope/

Thank you! I think I got it. Now I see that those "beginner scopes" say Ideal Scope in the picture. I was looking for an item called Ideal Scope so I was confused. Should I get both or just one? Which one would be better for a 0.5 carat round diamond?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I think I got it. Now I see that those "beginner scopes" say Ideal Scope in the picture. I was looking for an item called Ideal Scope so I was confused. Should I get both or just one? Which one would be better for a 0.5 carat round diamond?

Yay! :dance:

If I were to only choose one, I’d purchase the ASET. Why? IMHO, it gives more info on the type of light being reflected back and is usable on other fancy cuts. You never know if/when you might expand your collection. :D

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
David Atlas is the one who ships to the US from both of those sites. Make sure to get the CZ calibration stone, too. It is amazing and shows you what an ideal cut diamond should look like. I am so sad that I lost mine! It is shown on this page:
https://ideal-scope.com/shop/?product_order=date&product_sort=asc

You'll need a tweezers, too. I just use one for eyebrows, but they can be pretty sharp and that is probably a bad idea since you'll be holding the diamond by the girdle.

If you want things from both webpages, you might just want to give him a call on Monday and ask for the things you want. I e-mailed him once and it took a while to hear back, so calling is probably better.

I can't get the quote feature to work. I type the @ symbol with the screen name directly after it (no spaces) and it tags the person.

I don't think I could bring myself to spend $600 on a simple setting (plus setting fee) when the diamond only cost $500, but maybe that's just me. (To be fair, that isn't a horrible price.)

Stuller X1 info here: https://www.stuller.com/articles/view/x1-white-gold-faqs/
You can browse through their catalog and if you find something you like, ask a jeweler to give you a quote. (I would consider putting up with the hassle of mailing to ID Jewelry due to their reputation for fantastic pricing.)

I can't remember the name of the other major manufacturer like this. I think they might have a white gold that stays shiny without plating, too. Anyone else care to help me out? My brain is a little fried. ;-) Is it Adwar?

@stonewell, So glad to hear that you can use the scopes on a mounted stone. I didn't think it worked so I never even tried. :oops:

--
Aargh. I keep editing to add stuff.

Last edited:

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@kindred I feel the same way about spending more on the setting than I did on the diamond. On the other hand I was ready to spend $2-3k on the ring so even spending $650 would only put me at $1200 total. They did say there's no setting fee when you buy a setting from them so there's that.

I'll probably try to find something closer to $300 or less. Is that reasonable? I also want a pretty thin band, somewhere between 1.5 and 2mm, that tapers in the center, so maybe that would make it a little less money because there's less metal.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@stonewell, So glad to hear that you can use the scopes on a mounted stone. I didn't think it worked so I never even tried. :oops:

It may not give you the most accurate image, but you’ll get a pretty good idea if there’s leakage or symmetry issues. I think it’s hardest to manage when trying to take a photo or video.

Here’s an example when I was going through multiple cushions to find my perfect stone.
27E562F0-0631-4DED-8478-176E67707C2F.jpeg

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the image, @stonewell

@frogplus, I kept editing to add stuff to my last post, so you might want to read it again if you have the patience. :oops: I would be trying to get something in the $300 range, if possible. A lot of the cost will depend on the jeweler you work with.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@frogplus, I forgot to ask, is it eye clean?

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@kindred I think so? I don't see anything but I don't have a loupe. I'm going to take it to the jeweler tomorrow so I'll take a look with the loupe while I'm there.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe. But nothing from the current inventory. Curious to see what else they will have
If you do a search on Lightbox Twitter you can see all their posts and
pictures. There’s a lot more items that they will be adding that they have photos of.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The .5 ct. solitaire necklace is back in stock.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for letting me know. I just purchased one and I have an ASET!! Can't wait to see!!
Oooh please post pics if you can!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If there is anyone here that bought the white princess pendant..Please post photos..:pray: I want to eventually buy two to make into studs..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results