shape
carat
color
clarity

photographers...show your photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Little teeny-weenie flowers.

small_P5280509.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock

small_P5280510.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock

small_P5290538.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
There's a shy one in every crowd. One flower looks like it is hiding from the camera.

small_P5290539.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock

small_P5290540.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
I like the way this almost looks three dimensional.

small_P5290549.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
This is while walking along the bluffs in Sea Ranch.

small_P5290585.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Whew! Guess I won''t post here for a bit - let other folks show their beautiful pictures too!

small_P5290605.JPG

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2005 11:24:41 PM
Author: websailor
Rockchick,

Look around your computer some more - those are neat pictures!

After seeing the picture of the two ducks with their nest next to the rudder, maybe morning doves aren''t the stupidist birds...

I like the two boat pictures too - obviously the 2nd big white one is going to be your upgrade!

11.gif
teehee..
9.gif

that would be some upgrade!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
What a great post! Everyone''s pictures are just amazing!!! Here''s my contribution:

Flower pictures... (taken at my parent''s house on LI a few years ago)

Tigerlilies.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
As I often can''t take good pictures of flowers this is the only other decent one I have...

Bougainvilleas on hat.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I lied. This one has the same flower. Bougainvilleas in Mexico...

Cancun hotel fountain.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
This picture is more my style...I love architecture, shadow and archways... This was taken in Venice, Italy, which I have to say was one of the most beautiful and awe inspiring places I have been to... I love everything about it''s old world style and romance...

One night there was a gorgeous gondolere singing across a canal in the middle fo the night. The street lamps where on, and he was crossing an old stone bridge and the smell of flowers and fresh baked bread was wafting through the streets. It really was magical, and no camera could ever capture that...*SIGH*

Shadows of St.Marks.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2005 3:02:32 PM
Author: Nicrez
This picture is more my style...I love architecture, shadow and archways... This was taken in Venice, Italy, which I have to say was one of the most beautiful and awe inspiring places I have been to... I love everything about it''s old world style and romance...
oooh, post more photos of Italy. I''m so longing to go there!

My husband and I are taking a few trips this year, but we''ll have to wait a year before planning a trip over there. . .
7.gif
(my husband promised me we''ll go
36.gif
)

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures of Italy? I could post hundreds. I love it there!

Here is a sunset along the Amalfi Coast

ef50.jpg

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh! I don't know that's so small!!! This is the town my family is from in Sicily, maybe it'll be larger??

ETA: The name of the town is Cefalu. Beautiful if anyone ever gets a chance to go there!

708f.jpg

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
hopefully the sunset works this time:

ef50kuhjku.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2005 7:41:35 PM
Author: Blue824
This is the town my family is from in Sicily
The name of the town is Cefalu. Beautiful if anyone ever gets a chance to go there!

Beautiful is an understatement! I would love to see Cefalu, and, indeed, all of Sicily! I have never even been as far south as Rome...except to the airport!!!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2005 3:02:32 PM
Author: Nicrez
This picture is more my style...I love architecture, shadow and archways... This was taken in Venice, Italy....

That is a great picture. I *have* seen Venice, but certainly do not remember seeing this view. Do you remember where you took the photo?

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockchick,

Those are fabulous pictures of Amsterdam. I have never been there, either, and I never imagined houseboats that looked like actual houses! I should get out more! Thank you for sharing!

Deb

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2005 7:41:35 PM
Author: Blue824
Oooh! I don''t know that''s so small!!! This is the town my family is from in Sicily, maybe it''ll be larger??

ETA: The name of the town is Cefalu. Beautiful if anyone ever gets a chance to go there!
Very cool! Thanks. . .makes me think I need to do A LOT of research before deciding which locations to visit. . .my husband has picked Amsterdam and I picked Italy (so we''re doing both), but because of some lucky twist of fate, I get to decide where we''re treking around in both countries!
2.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
emphoto.gif
This is getting to be like a trip around the world
emsmile.gif
I LOVE IT!

Nicrez - "One night there was a gorgeous gondolere singing across a canal in the middle fo the night. The street lamps where on, and he was crossing an old stone bridge and the smell of flowers and fresh baked bread was wafting through the streets. It really was magical, and no camera could ever capture that...*SIGH*"

Oh you make me wish I were there right now. That was such a lovely picture and then a wonderful piece of writing!!!! It so puts me there in Venice! SIGH...

Does anyone have some pictures of the Baltic countries...we're thinking of possibly going there....

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s another pic of the Amalfi Coast for those of you who are as enamored of Italy as I am.

Amalfi_Coast.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roman Forum looking at the remnants of the Temple of the Vestal Virgins (white pillars on left). Behind them is the emperor''s palace.

Roman_Forum.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, such breathtaking photos!
i can''t deny it any longer...italy is calling me!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2005 11:26:17 AM
Author: belle
oh, such breathtaking photos!

Yes, Matata, the one you posted of the Amalfi coast *is* breathtaking! My husband has always complained that I take pictures of salads...which is perfectly true. I tend to go for shots of friends, family, and food. Those give me a sense of a gathering. To compensate for the beautiful pictures of the landscape that I miss, I usually buy a few postcards. Now with a digital camera, I might want to rethink this philosophy. Not that we are going anywhere!!!

Deb

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2005 8:23:35 PM
Author: AGBF
Rockchick,

Those are fabulous pictures of Amsterdam. I have never been there, either, and I never imagined houseboats that looked like actual houses! I should get out more! Thank you for sharing!

Deb

Here is another example of a houseboat. They come in all shapes and sizes, and are sometimes actual boats..

DSCN1307II.JPG

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
rare sight in a''dam, snow!!

klein.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Rockchick,

Out of curiousity since you seemed to say that snow in Amsterdam was rare - do the canals you are showing freeze over in winter and people ice skate on them? Am I thinking of the right country here - I thought the Netherlands was known for bicycling in summer and ice skating in winter????

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rockchick,

The picture of the snow in Amsterdam is incredible! I hate to keep using the word, "evocative", but my vocabulary is not large enough to enable me to come up with another one. That photo evokes a feeling of the peace that comes with a snowfall, the feeling that it is cold outside but that there will be no school the next day and the family can stay home and drink hot cocoa. The world will slow down for a while. Beautiful. Did you take that?

Deborah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results