shape
carat
color
clarity

photographers...show your photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is a nature shot off Highway 1, our drive back from Mendocino this weekend...I love the foggy elements.

Mendocino Drive 1a 05.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
uh oh now I can''t stop!

This is one of my favorite random pictures ever...it''s our footsteps on our beach in Kauai when we were on our ''scouting'' trip before the wedding. The light in the horizon is almost heavenly!

Footsteps Kauai sm.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a mural from Pompeii. Each prostitute''s cubicle has a picture above it of the particular service she would perform along with the cost.

Mural_Pompeii.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this was taken out at sea in Santa Cruz...loved the lighthouse and all the colors!

Lighthouse with Surf sm.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
another favorite, a Kauai sunset in 2003...I love sunset pictures (I started a thread somewhere!)

Kauai Sunset 03.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OKAY last one for now...
9.gif
...flowers of course!

show flowers sma copya.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mainstreet Pompeii. Embedded in the street and on the walls along the thoroughfare are quartz-like crystals that glow in the dark and were used instead of torches to light the way at night.

mainstreetpompeii.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the lighthouse pic Mara.

For those of you are squeemish about male nudity -- DON''T LOOK. Another mural from Pompeii -- I can''t remember the exact story but it''s in the largest palace in the city and is meant to indicate the wealth of the inhabitant.

bigman.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one. Beautiful temple in Pompeii inside the home of a baker. There''s an oven front left of pic.

bluetemplepompeii.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what great pics!!
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
lunchtime
2.gif

robingreentree.JPG

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow these photo's are amazing - I never knew they were all here!!!!
You are all so talented.
Love Pompei - sorry i have little to show
The first diamonds cut from a mothballed diamond mine in Australia.

Note some experimental proportions that worked a treat - tables under 50% that would qualify for the new AGS 0 - and they were cut 3 years ago

Striker polished.jpg

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
This springs Morning Dove nest at our house....

small_Morning_Dove_Nest.jpg

lostdog

Shiny_Rock
Another one.

wtnmichave2.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not a very artistic photo, so I wasn''t going to contribute it, but it at least shows what is supposed to: the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC this spring.

Deborah

CherryBlossoms2005.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2005 7:20:08 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
I got excited about my new small digicam last summer in Playa Del Carmen.

John,

I absolutely loved your entire series of photos; they were (are) incredibly evocative. Where *is* Playa del Carmen? Mexico?

Deb

PS-Leonid, your skiing photos are absolutely incredible, too! And where is Belle''s waterfall? I loved it!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 6:08:10 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Pick a door, any door (or window)
cool door pics garry! i like #51....because it''s always open
21.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 8:50:34 AM
Author: AGBF
This is not a very artistic photo, so I wasn''t going to contribute it, but it at least shows what is supposed to: the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC this spring.

Deborah
and for those of us who haven''t been there, thank you! i can almost smell the cherry blossoms from here
36.gif

here is my excerpt about the bridge pic:
the bridge picture is of multnomah falls in oregon. with a 620ft drop, it''s the second largest waterfall in the u.s.
native american legend says that long ago a chief''s daughter plunged over the cliff above the fall as a human sacrafice to save her tribe from a devastating plague. it is said that when the wind blows through the waterfall, you can see the shape of a maiden in the mist. it wasn''t windy when i was there, but the experience was breathtaking none the less.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2005 10:06:21 AM
Author: belle
the bridge picture is of multnomah falls in oregon. with a 620ft drop, it''s the second largest waterfall in the u.s.

Thank you for the information. I can imagine that a place that spectacular would have a legend associated with it! Multnomah is familiar to me because I read legal thrillers set there (written by Phillip Margolin). The first chapter of every book refers to the eight-story Multnomah County Courthouse :).

Where are you *from* (the dry place), Belle? Are you now living in Oregon or were you just visiting there?

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Winter in Virginia

winter0405a.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
aaaahhhh...snow!
36.gif

deb, the dry place is new mexico. i just visit oregon to get my fill of water and green
2.gif

thanks for sharing your photos!!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
garry LOVE the doors!!! I actually love things like funky colored doors for framing up, I may have to hit you up for some of your files for our house!
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2005 6:08:10 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Pick a door, any door (or window)
You are not alone collecting doors & windows... There seems to be an entire club, if you'd take this poster's testimony. It has been on sale for so long, everyone within weekend-travel distance of the source knew what I am talking about.

posterD.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 9:03:09 AM
Author: AGBF

John,

I absolutely loved your entire series of photos; they were (are) incredibly evocative. Where *is* Playa del Carmen? Mexico?

Deb

Deb, it has been a long time since I perused this forum. Thank you for the comments. The resort and the town (admittedly geared towards tourists) are very evocative. The locals know that visitors are seeking atmosphere and ambiance, and they deliver.

Can you believe that late at night (2-3 ish) we had the entire beach to ourselves? I'm talking 3/4 of a mile of sand and surf. We played in the water, then relaxed in beach chairs sipping bubbly to watch the sun rise. It was like being in a movie.

Playa is a 45 minute shuttle ride south of Cancun (it's considered a grown-ups Cancun). Cozumel is across the water.

mexico-yucutan.jpg

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Now why would websailor be taking a fuzzy photo of some tree branches
emquestion.gif
emquestion.gif
emquestion.gif

Aaaahhh, now I see it!

small_Xmas_Wawona_1993_004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results