shape
carat
color
clarity

Phoenix ring design

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
This is spectactular. I love how dramatic it is without being ostentatious or overly flamboyment. Mike is an absolute master of the craft! You must be thrilled.

Klewis, I owe you and arjunajane a thousand thankyous for introducing me to the work of RDG. Mike and I have been corresponding for a few weeks now about potential settings for my OMC, and everything that he has come up with so far has been so spot on, and so 'me', that it's hard to believe that he's never met me or spoken to me in person! I hope I continue to have as much fun working with him as both you and arjunajane have.

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Oooohhh, any chance of hand shots???

Lovely piece of art :)

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
mochi|1289099652|2757234 said:
That literally took my breath away. It's a work of art! Beautiful, the metal work complements the beautiful cut gemstones. Just spectacular!!
Thank you Mochi - did you see the little pecker is now attached?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It's stunning! I just love the feather detail.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Largos, iLander & Sphene, thanks for the nice comments :))

VapidLapid|1289100606|2757246 said:
SOOOOOdifferent in 3 dimensions than I had imagined and soooo better for it! quite amazing really. I need lots more pictures as well and also of the making, when you think you've uploaded enough put that many more again up.
wow :appl:

I'll surely post some of the 'making-of' pics, it's such an interesting process to follow.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the wonderful compliment Burberry and yes, SO really does love it.
Cindi - your wish is medically possible :( Let me know if it happens and then I'll ask if you can wear the ring for a day.

MZ - I appreciate your comment :wavey:

LG - The guys at RDG were very enthusiastic about the qulaity of this spessartite. They told me that while they were making our ring they had a visit from one of their regular gem dealers who showed them some spessartites and they told him if he wanted to see a "real" spessartite look at this. They know how to make a customer feel good!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the wonderful compliment Burberry and yes, SO really does love it.
Cindi - your wish is medically possible :( Let me know if it happens and then I'll ask if you can wear the ring for a day.

MZ - I appreciate your comment :wavey:

LG - The guys at RDG were very enthusiastic about the quality of this spessartite. They told me that while they were making our ring they had a visit from one of their regular gem dealers who showed them some spessartites and they told him if he wanted to see a "real" spessartite look at this. They know how to make a customer feel good!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
sleepyspinel|1289102302|2757265 said:
KLewis,

The ring is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! I am so glad you decided to go with pink-red spinel to keep with the fire theme. The stone still is the star of the piece yet there are so many fine details of the ring from the stark and dramatic contrast of the dark clouds with silver lining to the firey/molten heat of the phoenix being reborn, really quite powerful imagery :appl: I like the way the phoenix is "holding" the stone, which could also be interpreted as not the fire of rebirth but a firey egg that she is protecting :sun: Thanks so much for the multi aspect shots, I very much look forward to any hand shots when you get the chance! Congrats to you and your partner on getting such a fantastic set of rings. I only wish the jeweler was in the US and I'd be saving up my pennies for one of these wearable sculptures! :naughty:

-SS

Thanks SS. We really like the imagery too and thanks too for your suggestion of keeping the colours all in the warm tones.
The US has such amazing jewelers and I know immediately of 3 I would want to use if I lived there. RDG are only an email away :naughty:

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Art Nouveau & Aoife - cheers. Aoife, I just love that sun/flame grille work too. It's like the secret diamond thing, you know is there but cannot be seen when the ring is worn plus you get interesting glimpses into what looks like a vaulted ceiling up under the stone.

Soberguy - wow! :o
Delayed - Yes I'm sure they do take on US based clients- in fact I think they even have some of their work in an LA store.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mariedtiger.

ZahraLeyla|1289114719|2757318 said:
This is spectactular. I love how dramatic it is without being ostentatious or overly flamboyment. Mike is an absolute master of the craft! You must be thrilled.

Klewis, I owe you and arjunajane a thousand thankyous for introducing me to the work of RDG. Mike and I have been corresponding for a few weeks now about potential settings for my OMC, and everything that he has come up with so far has been so spot on, and so 'me', that it's hard to believe that he's never met me or spoken to me in person! I hope I continue to have as much fun working with him as both you and arjunajane have.

That's exciting news Zahra - are you in US? I hope you'll keep us posted ( rockytalk?) on how your project goes.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Rae - I will try to have some handshots real soon

Kismet. Aren't the feathers amazing. You'll be amazed at the pics of how they're made - I'll post them soon.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
OH. MY. GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know whether to cry or wet my pants......

That is simply the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen. EVER.

I LOVE the inside ~ it looks like a sun....
I actually have goosebumps...

mochi

Ideal_Rock
klewis|1289123559|2757343 said:
mochi|1289099652|2757234 said:
That literally took my breath away. It's a work of art! Beautiful, the metal work complements the beautiful cut gemstones. Just spectacular!!
Thank you Mochi - did you see the little pecker is now attached?

LOL!! Indeed, I did and it's a magnificent pecker, if I may say so myself!! :praise:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W :love: WZA :shock: :love: :shock: :love: :shock: :love: :cheeky:

That's not a ring, but a work of art!! Looks like you stole it from the museum.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
So cool, definitely looks like a museum piece! It was fun to watch it come together from design to execution.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :love: :-o Holy cow it's amazing Klewis!! Just totally stunning!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a museum piece; definitely it belongs in a design book. Amazing color scheme and workmanship.

Are we to see a handshot? ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if I can come up with a better adjective than has already been expressed. The design and level of detail is mindblowing. The choice of stones are perfect. The execution flawless. Thank you for sharing the entire process with us, plus the pictures. I can NOT wait to see more pictures of this amazing ring.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is crazy in such a good way! I love it!

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
Klewis - I'm from Perth, Western Australia, like arjunajane. My project is going to be one of those 'year in the making' ones, so once we get a bit closer to actually having the diamond set by Mike, I'll make sure to keep everyone informed. We want to go to NZ and pick the ring up in person, but the only time that we'll have available to do that is September or November 2011. In the meantime, I'm living vicariously through people like you, so thanks! :lol:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This ring belongs in a museum!!!! It is PRICELESS!!!!

Lori

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Oh how I wish i could see this ring in person. I bet the photos don't do it justice at all.

empress

Shiny_Rock
Wow!

Supers

Shiny_Rock
This is just the most gorgeous ring!
I love it. RDG does amazing work.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
This ring rocks it! Wonderful design and thanks so much for sharing the process with us!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Zahra - unless you're planning your visit to NZ to coincide with the 2011 Rugby World Cup, November would be a better time to visit. Good luck with your design!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for looking and for your comments too - I appreciate them.

Here are a few fun "Produce pics"

Bananas, ginger, avocado & Phoenix

DSC02794.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Canna Lilly leaf and Phoenix

DSC02802.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Avocados & Phoenix

DSC02803.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results