shape
carat
color
clarity

Philosophic question about diamond advertising

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

langchunWei

Rough_Rock
Picture 9 Picture 10

These vitreous facets are cut out from transparent common window glass, but the chromatic dispersion presents red color, and other present blue.

langchunwei 50.jpg

langchunWei

Rough_Rock
Among the pictures I shot by myself, some are more beautiful than these open ones and some are less. Fortunately, you can get more beautiful pictures when attesting.

Certainly, someone may think that I should show more satisfactory and more confidential information here, but I¡¯m afraid I cannot meet such needs. However, they have the abilities to satisfy themselves as long as they become real cooperators, because my cutting theory, my continuous functions and my theoretical database can satisfy my cooperators.

langchun wei
CEO DLSTCHINA

langchunwei 39.jpg

langchunWei

Rough_Rock

DLSTCHINA

1. Diamond Cut ---- Scientific Theory
2. Diamond Cut ---- Continuous Functions
3. Diamond Cut ---- Theoretical Database

These are the facets which were cut out from transparent common window glass and got red fire. I also can make blue and orange fire.

langchunwei 40.jpg

langchunWei

Rough_Rock
Diamond Cut Scientific Theory

These facets cut out from transparent common window glass can all get such beautiful seven-color fire while cutting by any single set of theoretical data in my theoretical database.

People should pursue theoretical database rather than continue sticking up for the traditional experiential database. It is a large step in the progression of cutting industry as well as the pursuit goal from experience to science.

langchunwei 55.jpg

langchunWei

Rough_Rock
DLSTCHINA Scientific Theory Promising Future

Computer and Theorey Intelligent Product-line
Intelligent Manufacturing the Intelligent Era
Great Goal Great Enterprise

langchun wei
CEO DLSTCHINA

langchunwei 56.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dear Mr. Langchun Wei,

I am still at a loss to know how to help you or learn anything.

The images are all on dark backgrounds which makes the flares appear very impressive. But you might like to look at what a lot of Pricescopers have done having this type of fun with camera''s with many different background shades and tones:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-fire-thread.77649/

In my bath room the window glass casts amazing rainbow dispersion in the mid to late afternoon.

I have no doubt you have some wonderful ideas and proofs, but I am not ready yet to sell my business and invest my life savings.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
langchunwei%2053.jpg

langchunWei,

A transparent material appearing to be red when photographed in a red light is not such a revolutionary idea. I would be interested to see either your theory or the 'proof' of it but so far I can't find either in your posts. It would be helpful if you would state YOUR theory as clearly as possible instead of quoting what you think of the opinions of others.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

langchunWei

Rough_Rock
Numeric Logic and Numeric Combination
----Glass¡¯s Fire and Diamond¡¯s fire

Thanks to my development of scientific theory, continuous function and theoretical database for cutting, I can make common window glass have fires. What is the theoretical and practical value for it? And what is the significance of numeric logic?
Among my theoretical database, there are infinite sets of data, in accordance with the same continuous function and obeying the same rule and logic.

Why can I prove that the fire is best and the carat is the largest by continuous functions when applying theoretical database to cutting the common window glass while the wide-applied experiential database cannot? This is because experiential database does not obey any rule and logic, thus it cannot be proved logically in terms of theory by continuous functions. The serious flaw of experiential database is that no one continuous function can prove its cut quality, and its fundamental flaw is that it has no scientific logic, just like that it does not have any scientific mathematical rules.

As to experiential database, we can sum up two points:1) Experiential database has no one continuous function to prove that its cut quality and carat are the best, that is, experiential database cannot provide its numeric combination with numeric logical statement and proof. That is the first point. 2) Experiential database is not an optimized database. And it has no ability to optimize it. That is the second point. These two points indicate a same fact: experiential database has serious flaws ¨C it has not attained the rules to cut out fire.

In experiential tentative application process, people has paid a lot for experiential database. Cut quality was lower and carat weight was reduced. Another cost is that diamond cut industry used several experiential cut processing rules system and cut grades system, which have not been unified.

It is not difficult to realize the value of fire cut from the common window glass facet and to notice that numeric combination and numeric logic are totally two different things. Isn¡¯t it blindfold to combine some number together as an act without rules and logic? If the combination does have strict rules and scientific logic, it also can have scientific status and value.

langchun wei
CEO DLSTCHINA

langchunWei

Rough_Rock
Cutting Shapes and Cutting data

When cutting diamonds, we pursue four ¡°c¡±s, two of which ¨CCarat weight and Cut ¨C can be improved. Therefore, we should make great efforts and get higher level in dealing with cut quality and particle size. Cut quality means the fire quality, which is brightness, color and spark of gem facets. Particle size means carat weight. We should notice that whether it¡¯s the largest carat weight or can we theoretically prove it is the largest one.

To be specific:
The first problem to solve is cutting shapes when cutting, which means we should know what kind of shapes can create the best cut quality and the largest carat weight and also can be proved by a continuous function. To determine the reliable best cutting shapes in terms of theory needs scientific theory for cutting. Only the scientific cutting theory has the ability to do it well. The second problem to solve is cutting data, because cutting data does not only ensure the cutting shapes but also ensure the cut quality and particle size.

langchun wei
CEO DLSTCHINA

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Scientific theory is important. Mathematical theory is important. The scientific process involves making a hypothesis and then designing an experiment to test its validity. You cannot prove a theory that has not been stated. So far, here’s what you’ve had to say about your own optical theory. -----

Can you fill in some of the blanks please? We’ve got some sharp people here. Complex math is fine.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

langchunWei

Rough_Rock
Pursue Science and Maintain Experience
------Old World and New World

I don¡¯t think my essays can equal to whole scientific system. Obviously, I do not just present one absolutely scientific problem: People should clearly know who is scientific, who is experiential, what is scientific and what is experiential. This is a fundamental conceptual problem which cannot be ignored. Everybody has a right to enjoy science and to know that what they are enjoying is not science. Diamond industry also has the obligation to clearly tell the customers what is experiential and what is scientific, who is experiential and who is scientific.

When I first saw Tolksky¡¯s cutting data, I thought: if there was no continuous function unifying the combined numbers, this combination would have no scientific value and status. Since it is a scientific logic which cannot be debated on, I have been thinking this simple judgment at all times. Fortunately I¡¯ve got a satisfactory result which I think is correct and scientific. I hope it can start a new modernized world in cut industry.

However, as to my essays and arguments, and the scientific or experiential issues and contents, some people only consider whether their attained interest would be negatively affected or positively affected. It is an inevitable situation. I believe that science is science and experience is experience. We should envisage the differences between science and experience. Whether it is a negative effect or positive effect should be determined by science and experience, the former positive and the latter negative.

My actual goals are multi-steps:1)My first-step goal is to replace the traditional experiential database with my theoretical database. 2)My second-step goal is to replace the traditional experiential database with my continuous functions. 3)My third-step goal is to replace the traditional experiential database with my cutting theory. 4)My fourth-step goal is to help and cooperate with my cooperators to develop intelligent production line and realize intelligent mass production. Either step can make diamond cut industry step forward for modernization. Such a good prospect will not appear itself, and it needs the efforts of all the colleagues especially trailblazers.

My basic idea as follows:
We can establish a virtual diamond cut world in the computer by combining scientific theory for cutting with digital technology and scan technology. Only a middle school student can operate in this virtual world to make perfect intelligent diamond cut with intelligent software card and record the final determined cutting procedure into the CD. Intelligent production line and intelligent mass production can be realized by the digital controlled technology and procedure in the record.
I hope that the historical progress -- science replacing experience ¨C will come true smoothly and bring a beautiful new modernized world to our industry one day.

langchun wei
CEO DLSTCHINA

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Huh,

LW, was any of those stones prensented in your postings diamonds? Can you show us a scientific (what ever it means) map/scan/diagram/profile from any? Blaah, dont bother, just tell me who is financing your operations?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/24/2008 1:46:03 PM
Author: Iiro
Huh,

LW, was any of those stones prensented in your postings diamonds? Can you show us a scientific (what ever it means) map/scan/diagram/profile from any? Blaah, dont bother, just tell me who is financing your operations?
Hi Iiro, hope things are good for you
36.gif

I think LW might be here to find some investment money. Yes? No?

http://www.folds.net/diamond/software_help.html LW this link takes you to Jasper Paulsens site where he proved that Tolkowsky wrote a continious scientific theory for the round brilliant cut.
You can vary the crown and get an inverse correct pavilion angle and if you change the table size then the correct girdle thickness is displayed.

Is this what you mean, except you would do it for all shapes and even unique shapes for each piece of rough diamond?

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Hi Garry,
I am okay, still strong on HA. Your topic of diamond advertising is interesting. It is related to question of the best diamond ( Ideal/ Super Ideal/ Ultimate Ideal). We both know there is no best diamond, but the consumer might think so. When we advertise our stones being best, it actually reaches only to level of best given quality/size by dollar value.

Without dollar value there is absolutely no best diamond . This is catch 22. Import dollar value in calculation and you get an answer which is relative not only to the quality/size but also to time, location, service ect.

If I put an ad to newspaper in my local market it gives me some visibility. If I put the same ad to Polish newspaper, I hardly generate any more business. The ad is the same, but location and service of my diamonds are off the target. ( I still think all Polish should buy their dimaonds from me, but so far no one has).

The best diamond is always a personal judgement, no one else can know persons needs better than him/herself. Internet is great for some, some want the best the local market offers, some think they can win the market by shopping two years before the final decision. Who of those gets the second best? None, they all found what they were looking for.

Blatant claims of best diamonds hurts most severely the advetisers, they tell they do not listen the customer anymore.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/24/2008 4:41:06 PM
Hi Garry,
I am okay, still strong on HA. Your topic of diamond advertising is interesting. It is related to question of the best diamond ( Ideal/ Super Ideal/ Ultimate Ideal). We both know there is no best diamond, but the consumer might think so. When we advertise our stones being best, it actually reaches only to level of best given quality/size by dollar value.

Without dollar value there is absolutely no best diamond . This is catch 22. Import dollar value in calculation and you get an answer which is relative not only to the quality/size but also to time, location, service ect.

If I put an ad to newspaper in my local market it gives me some visibility. If I put the same ad to Polish newspaper, I hardly generate any more business. The ad is the same, but location and service of my diamonds are off the target. ( I still think all Polish should buy their dimaonds from me, but so far no one has).

The best diamond is always a personal judgement, no one else can know persons needs better than him/herself. Internet is great for some, some want the best the local market offers, some think they can win the market by shopping two years before the final decision. Who of those gets the second best? None, they all found what they were looking for.

Blatant claims of best diamonds hurts most severely the advetisers, they tell they do not listen the customer anymore.
Thanks for going back on topic Iiro.

We have been patient with LW, as he probably has no idea about the etiquitte of posting specific topics vs dragging current topics of topic.

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 3:53:20 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 3/24/2008 1:46:03 PM
Huh,

Hi Iiro, hope things are good for you
36.gif

I think LW might be here to find some investment money. Yes? No?
I believe you may be right there Garry, based on minor email contacts I''ve had with him in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results