shape
carat
color
clarity

Petty Annoyances

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another "petty" annoyance are people who don't pay attention to what is going on around them outside when they are walking in the street. They just cross the street without looking. Not kidding.

At the Jersey shore pedestrians always have the right of way and while they are supposed to cross at crosswalks usually they just cross anywhere and just step into the street without looking as they are used to cars/bikes just stopping immediately.

The problem with that is if you are going even only 15 mph it is impossible to stop on a dime. And near accidents can occur. This behavior of stepping into the street without literally looking in either direction is so foolish and dangerous and stupid. They just step off the curb without even looking up. Mostly they are either looking at their phones and just not paying attention to anything around them.

:eek-2:

:nono:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may be petty but I can’t stand it when people encourage their dogs to use my yard as their bathroom as they walk on by. For one thing, that’s just rude. For another thing, we have a freaking park at the end of the street!

I had 4 dogs who I trained to walk beside me (not in people’s yards) until we got to a designated potty place like a park. Have some common curtesy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may be petty but I can’t stand it when people encourage their dogs to use my yard as their bathroom as they walk on by. For one thing, that’s just rude. For another thing, we have a freaking park at the end of the street!

I had 4 dogs who I trained to walk beside me (not in people’s yards) until we got to a designated potty place like a park. Have some common curtesy.

I agree. My dh and I disagree about this however. He thinks it’s fine as long as they clean up. I don’t think it’s ok. There are better areas the dogs can go that aren’t my private property.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could list a million, but... I can't stand it when I'm trying to read an article online, and one or more of these things make me give up the read or actually prohibits me from continuing or finishing:

1) Being disturbed by so many pop-ups and MOVING TEXT that I always end up accidentally clicking on them while trying to avoid them... then there is no way to navigate back without totally closing out and starting over.

2) Bona fide click-bait... I mean, maybe I want to "see how amazing Honey Boo-Boo looks now" without reading her entire life story, then another story about someone entirely unrelated to Honey Boo-Boo, THEN being redirected to a weight loss snake oil pitch.

3) Any form of reading that includes clicking through 3,992 slides (each with about three words of info)... There is about a 100% chance I'll never make it to #1. And if I do, you can bet NONE OF THE SLIDES have anything to do with the photo that made me want to read in the first place. ZERO.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3) Any form of reading that includes clicking through 3,992 slides (each with about three words of info)... There is about a 100% chance I'll never make it to #1. And if I do, you can bet NONE OF THE SLIDES have anything to do with the photo that made me want to read in the first place. ZERO.

I have discovered that if you google several key words from the title of the slide show, you can quickly find the original article that the story came from, by-passing the whole stupid slide show thing.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When my DH was a bachelor, he left all his cabinets, drawers, and closets open because he had added up the time it saved him from having to open and close stuff. Literally knew to the second how much time it saved him. :rolleyes::D

That's one reason why we had a 10 yr courtship before I agreed to marry him.

:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results