shape
carat
color
clarity

Petty Annoyances

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes when the big things in life go awry, I find it helps to vent about the petty things so if you have some steam to blow about little annoyances, feel free to post here.

Some of mine:

** Jars sealed with a tab that's supposed to easily peel off the seal but you need a pair of pliers to pull the damn tab to get the seal off;
** Resealable packages with a "tear here" piece that's notched but it never tears "here" and frequently ruins the self sealability of the package;
** People who park their car across 2 spaces;
** Perforated stuff that doesn't tear on the perforation rather they tear willy nilly ruining the usability of the thing;
** Shopping carts left in the middle of a parking space;
** Little bits of food left in the kitchen sink, yuck, DH never rinses the sink.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
*shoes left by the door and not put in the shoe closet
*used glass cups left laying around
*no one in the family moves when the dog rings the bell to go outside...b/c they know mom will get up!

All of these are small annoyances because they are done by those I love the most!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband leaves the toilet seat up. I’ve fallen in too many times in the middle of the night to mention.
Everyone needs something from me at the same time. I feel like I need to make clones of myself to make everyone happy.
I have to keep reminding everyone to wash their hands!
My husband and mom put everything in the sink after eating instead of rinsing and putting them in the dishwasher. My son with Autism always does it. He even cleans his area off after eating. I mean..Come onnnnn... lol If he can do it they can..
it seems mine are centered around my family..Haha I love them but they drive me bonkers.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Price stickers on glassware that require razor blades or rubbing alcohol to remove.

cheers--Sharon

Yes!!
And price stickers in the thrift store on pottery or porcelain directly over the manufacturers mark on the bottom. So I have to pick at it with my fingernail to see the mark.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!
And price stickers in the thrift store on pottery or porcelain directly over the manufacturers mark on the bottom. So I have to pick at it with my fingernail to see the mark.

And it is impossible to pick off! Comes off in microscopic pieces and glue remains:P2:wall:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where to begin?

clothes left on the bathroom floor after a shower

people who don’t return the shopping cart

people who complain about how slow the cashier is in line

in the current climate, people in stores walking the wrong way down aisles....arrows people, learn to follow them!

Roosters, there is one behind our house and although there is an ordinance you can’t have them there apparently is no code or procedure to get rid of one. How can you have an ordinance with no consequence?:nono:

Maple syrup drips on the outside of the bottle that you accidentally touch and then your hand is all sticky.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Light switches that make that horrid snapping sound.
People who park too close to me.
People who don't answer their phone, and force me to leave a message.
Losing pens and pencils under my car seat.
People who don't give good answers to my questions/ give vague answers
Toe cramps
Dry winter hands
Eye glasses/sun glasses that keep catching your hair
Lip products with menthol taste--I hate it! It's like eating Vicks Vapo Rub.
Cat poop that somehow travels outside the litter box

Last edited:

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Friends that can't commit to an invitation--the answer is yes or no, not maybe.
Sticky food fingerprints left on cabinet drawers and doors-looking at you DH!
People swiping my phone or iPad charger. Grrr.
Taking the last water bottle out of fridge and not restocking.
Finishing the pot of coffee without starting another pot.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One fork in the sink.
There is a special place in hell reserved for cretins who think it acceptable to leave ONE FORK in the sink.
There’s a sponge right there. It’s even preloaded with soap. All you need to do is swipe up once, turn it over, swipe again.
Washing ONE FORK should take all of five seconds.
Drop it in the drying rack and you will be spared that one-way trip to eternal damnation.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
people wearing masks below their nose (yes, COVID relate, sorry). Might not be petty.
not answering questions with an real answer (assuming not too personal)
dry skin in winter giving me an itchy back that I can't reach
not finding something I want online

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. People who think only they matter. That they’re the center of the universe. For example every time we go cycling there’s people who are in the middle of the path blocking the way forward as if it’s their path and no one else is using it.

2. Inconsiderate people who leave their shopping cart anywhere but where it should be. Yeah, this one’s a popular one lol. See #1 center of universe petty annoyance. It’s all related.

3. Being transferred multiple times on a call to customer service and with each transfer being asked for your telephone and account numbers in order to “better assist you” and then when you finally reach a live person, the first thing they ask you for is your telephone and account numbers.

4. When a driver waits to merge onto the highway until you’re close enough that you have to slam on the brakes as they oh-so-slowly ease out onto the road ahead of you and then proceed to drive 15 miles below the speed limit.

5. Dog owners who don't clean up after their dog on walks.

6. People who talk too loudly in public on their mobile phones so everyone can hear their phone conversations no matter how hard one tries not too. See #1 again. Center of universe.

7. People who don’t respect your time as in show up late for everything. This hasn’t been a problem due to the pandemic and few social plans.

8. Spotty WiFi, challenging technology that doesn’t always work, etc.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
people wearing masks below their nose (yes, COVID relate, sorry). Might not be petty.
not answering questions with an real answer (assuming not too personal)
dry skin in winter giving me an itchy back that I can't reach
not finding something I want online

Not petty at all. I have taken to saying something - directly and loudly. My DH isn’t a fan of it. 50/50 on angry glare or embarrassed coverup - I figure 50% success rate is pretty good.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not petty at all. I have taken to saying something. 50/50 on angry glare or embarrassed coverup - I figure 50% success rate is pretty good.

Agreed. I’ve been asking people to please put their mask over their nose. And if they don’t have one on and they’re about to enter a public restroom (that I’m in or about to enter) I ask them (politely) to please put in their mask. And they do. So far.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
  • People who leave stuff in the sink at work, I am NOT your mother!
  • People who don't use car indicators
  • Stickers/labels on stuff that don't come off
  • People who chew with their mouth open :sick:
  • Being transferred multiple times on a call and having to give same details all over again
  • Shopping trolleys left in car park
  • People who walk slowly in centre of footpath, or in groups blocking everyone else

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 6.14.12 PM.png

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greasy backsplashes and stove tops. My mom never cleans hers so when I touch it when I’m cooking over there, it just feels so sticky and dirty.

Dirty toilet seats. Enough said. Yuck!

Dirty refrigerator and microwave handles, actually dirty handles in general. If you have food on your hands please wash them before you open something.

Smudged counters and coffee tables, like when people drink or eat and then you see the rings of water spots left from their cups.

My cats hair. Of course I wouldn’t ever get rid of them but when they lay on the sofa or anywhere, their hair just sticks.

Footprints on the wood floors from my kids and dusty footprints from my cats when they finish using the litter box.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I have a sign on my door at work "Please wear your mask" & so many idiots still stroll in without wearing one.
People with no manners,a please & thank you costs nothing.
People who don't pick up their dog's mess out on the street
Ordering shoes online in my size & find that they don't fit.I hate the hassle of having to send them back ....I actually have several pairs in the cupboard that I couldn't be bothered to return.:roll:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of the above! Plus holding the door open for someone who just walks through without bothering to thank you. I always shout after them “you’re welcome”.

I got in to the lift on the ship one time, and I was just about to press the deck number we were going to, when another passengers barked out ‘8’ to me. I turned to her and said “I think you meant to say please after that didn’t you?” She looked at me like I had two heads, and when I continued to glare at her, she said “please” to which I replied “you’re welcome”. Rudeness drives me mad, I hate seeing fellow passengers being rude to the staff on board who are always so polite and friendly. :angryfire:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of the above! Plus holding the door open for someone who just walks through without bothering to thank you. I always shout after them “you’re welcome”.

I got in to the lift on the ship one time, and I was just about to press the deck number we were going to, when another passengers barked out ‘8’ to me. I turned to her and said “I think you meant to say please after that didn’t you?” She looked at me like I had two heads, and when I continued to glare at her, she said “please” to which I replied “you’re welcome”. Rudeness drives me mad, I hate seeing fellow passengers being rude to the staff on board who are always so polite and friendly. :angryfire:

Omg yasss. I forgot that one. Who am I? Your servant? You’re welcome! :nono:
Rudeness in general annoys me. It’s the end of a civilized society. :/

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very petty. We buy vintage items and it irks me to no end when vendors put up 2 cruddy pics and zero dimensions. Our ads give all the information anyone could ever need. Why does no one include dimensions?! Edit: We're buying furniture, not small items, so dimensions are necessary.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS related
Slider widgets (usually carat and cost) on vendor's websites that you can hardly touch before they are up to 2.5 carats or $20K. Meanwhile, the major
portion of the sider is for 2.5 carats - 10 carat stones or for $20k - $100k...grrr!

Add me to the list of those who gets annoyed by the lack of appreciation when holding a door.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

Yes!!! I can't stand this either!:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have too many to list, perhaps I am just too frigging demanding with personal likes and dislikes that are much stronger than most people I know!

DK :roll2: :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results