carat
color
clarity

Petty Annoyances

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
I have too many of these!
Open mouth chewers.
People who sniffle sniffle sniffle all day instead of blowing their nose.
When someone is constantly clicking the end of their pen in a meeting.
(Maybe I need to become more tolerant?)
People who are rude and mean to sales assistants/restaurant servers.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop on our front lawn and leave it there!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have too many to list, perhaps I am just too frigging demanding with personal likes and dislikes that are much stronger than most people I know!

DK :roll2: :lol-2:

No. I’m with you. If we expect rudeness we get what we deserve. I refuse to accept ill mannered behavior. Don’t change @dk168. If we give up there’s no hope.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In public people who wear their masks with their nose hanging out.

Cover your nose people!!!

Yes! Just left Costco and for the first time I saw 2 employees (employees!) with their mask under their nose. :((

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Just left Costco and for the first time I saw 2 employees (employees!) with their mask under their nose. :((

I had it happen four times on Saturday and one was at the pharmacy and another at Urgent care. The other two were at retail stores and were employees. But a pharmacy and Urgent Care and no one said anything to the offenders (not employees). At the urgent care, when it was my turn, I asked the take in person about the guy with the mask under his nose. Her answer to me was "he's wearing a mask, it's at his own risk". I said "NO, its at OUR risk". I was dumbfounded.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had it happen four times on Saturday and one was at the pharmacy and another at Urgent care. The other two were at retail stores and were employees. But a pharmacy and Urgent Care and no one said anything to the offenders (not employees). At the urgent care, when it was my turn, I asked the take in person about the guy with the mask under his nose. Her answer to me was "he's wearing a mask, it's at his own risk". I said "NO, its at OUR risk". I was dumbfounded.

Unbelievable. I wish I could say that doesn't surprise me but sadly I cannot say that. People can be so freaking foolish. It's dangerous. :blackeye:

Foolishness is more than being stupid, that deadly combination of arrogance and ignorance.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
be-master-of-your-petty-annoyances-and-conserve-your-energies-for-the-big-worthwhile-things-it...jpg

Skyjems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have the ultimate!

This is my office right now, pipe burst, also doing drains because the floor is open anyway...

What is 'petty' about this?

The guy left his Coffee cup on my front porch... $16k and I have to clean up after a grown ass man!

PXL_20201012_184818696.jpg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Price stickers on glassware that require razor blades or rubbing alcohol to remove.

cheers--Sharon

You can use a baking soda paste, too! I find his very effective :)

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
I have the ultimate!

This is my office right now, pipe burst, also doing drains because the floor is open anyway...

What is 'petty' about this?

The guy left his Coffee cup on my front porch... $16k and I have to clean up after a grown ass man!

PXL_20201012_184818696.jpg

I agree that is annoying. My parents had a house built, we went to look at the site when the foundations and walls were being constructed. The builders would literally toss their empty soda cans & bottles, chips packets, any old food containers on the ground within the foundations. They were just going to continue building on top of this litter! Honestly I couldn’t believe it.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
People that insert the word "like" and "right" after every statement. Most recently TV news anchors are asking "right?" after their comments. Very annoying.
Pet peeves for me but probably to no one else!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
When someone leaves a drawer or cabinet drawer open. So lazy but it happens in my house all the time. Same regarding a glass in the sink when the dishwasher is empty.

Phone menus. They are often ridiculous and never have the option I need which results in a transfer.

Littering. Absolutely drives me nuts.

When people don’t use the turn signal on the car. Just laziness again.

The mask below the nose bothers me too.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When someone leaves a drawer or cabinet drawer open.

When my DH was a bachelor, he left all his cabinets, drawers, and closets open because he had added up the time it saved him from having to open and close stuff. Literally knew to the second how much time it saved him. :rolleyes::D

That's one reason why we had a 10 yr courtship before I agreed to marry him.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When my DH was a bachelor, he left all his cabinets, drawers, and closets open because he had added up the time it saved him from having to open and close stuff. Literally knew to the second how much time it saved him. :rolleyes::D

Oh my. That's precious - my heart just melted a bit. ::)
And at the same time - oh my. How else does this - um, efficiency - present? :bigsmile:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And at the same time - oh my. How else does this - um, efficiency - present?

Ya mean how OCD is he, lol? He has timed every route he regularly travels and knows which route will save him seconds over another route depending on the time of day and traffic patterns. When we travel together, I get to hear EVERY.SINGLE.TIME how many seconds that route took over any other he could have taken. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME when I'm driving the car, I get reasons why the route I chose is inferior to the route he would have chosen because my route has more lights, 2 more stop signs, and takes 3 seconds longer.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sellers on Instagram who say DM me for the price.

People who leave their dogs outside in their yards to bark and bark. Give those animals some love and attention (and training) and they will not bark all the time!

Last edited:

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Lack of basic manners: I used to have a friend who was late at least 30 minutes even though he lived a 10 minute walk away from me and he would invite himself over to my house at like 2AM (knowing that I had to go to wake up at 6AM). I let him get away with this for months before it reached a boiling point and I just ghosted him because he is also "never" wrong so explaining it would've been a moot point. It baffles the mid that some people were never taught manners or learned them through observing others.
Having to ask for prices: It's so awkward because I don't know if I would be able to afford something and I hate bothering people unnecessarily.
People who need something from you but then you are the one that has to track them down: I've had people ask for something and I'm the one that has to reach out for them to get anything done. It's like no, you need help then you keep in contact with me instead of procrastinating and making me find you. If I need something I will be the one to check in on the progress and not make the person track me down.

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
People who can't respect social distancing, especially when my husband is with me. ESPECIALLY if they can't wear their damn mask! Stay the hell away from him, and from me too!

People who whip into the left lane right as I come up on them, but then can't get on down the road.

People who can't let me finish my own sentences. If you don't want to hear what I have to say, why the hell are you talking to me?!?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So does he close the drawers,cabinets, closets now? Or does he still leave them open? When my DH and I got married I had to break him of the habit of leaving the toilet seat up. It wasn't easy but I finally got him to stop doing that. I would say it took a good 6 months to break him of that habit and let's just say it was challenging. It was worth it though because he wouldn't have survived the past 21 years if he kept leaving it up that's all I will say on that. Lucky for him he finally got it. ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having to ask for prices: It's so awkward because I don't know if I would be able to afford something and I hate bothering people unnecessarily.

Sellers on Instagram who say DM me for the price.

Yes to this. I loathe asking prices on pieces. If you are posting on IG or on your own website why aren't you listing the prices? You are doing everyone a disservice making us message or email you for the price. Why go to the trouble on both sides? Let us know the price so we know if it is even within our budget before we start troubling you for more info. JMO but I do find that annoying. I hate bothering a vendor if it is not within my budget and I hate taking the time to message if there is no chance I can purchase it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People who leave their dogs outside in their yards to bark and bark. Give those animals some love and attention (and training) and they will not bark all the time!

Yes to this too! This kills me. I feel so bad for the dog and I feel anger towards their human mom and dad when this happens on a consistent basis. Not cool. I always want to go over there and pay attention to the dog but I know that would probably not be the best thing to do. Fortunately our neighbors love their dogs and we don't have this issue here at the moment. But yeah I have been there and seen that and it is upsetting. Why get a dog if you aren't going to pay him/her enough attention? :(

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So does he close the drawers,cabinets, closets now?

Yes, for our shared spaces and mostly for the rooms that contain his stuff exclusively. It was on the list of deal breakers I gave him before I agreed to marry him. It was easy to retrain because we have cats and if he doesn't want stuff covered in fur or potentially destroyed, he's got to keep things closed.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What grinds my gears will usually depend on the day.
Earlier today, I wanted to play some music. My husband said "Oh I can help you", proceeded to play some music.

I got irritated and said turn that off I don't want to hear it from your phone.

and guess what? I proceeded to play the same damn song from my tablet :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrBlue used the tighten the ever-loving heck out of everything. Bottles, jars, water taps. I couldn't open a thing in my own home. I thought it was funny at first but the humor wore off rather quickly.

This works great.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, for our shared spaces and mostly for the rooms that contain his stuff exclusively. It was on the list of deal breakers I gave him before I agreed to marry him. It was easy to retrain because we have cats and if he doesn't want stuff covered in fur or potentially destroyed, he's got to keep things closed.

Glad it's working well for you guys. Cats can come in handy at times. :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in an area where lots of people come over to walk and bring dogs, they regularly leave dog poop outside out front fence and on either side of my front drive way. And this is in an area where you can get fined up to $240 for not picking it up (morons still do not pick it up).

I actually saw a woman with a large dog who I know does this, so one day when I was leaving with my son I said, hey, I have kids who have to walk through your dog poop when you don't pick it up how would you feel if I pick it all up and left it outside your house.....

Of course the lady denied it being her, but I did notice that she didn't stop in front of my house with her dog ever again after that, so it was worth the effort to say something.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @ Missy! He's actually ex-MrBlue now. A more expensive solution for sure but it worked out beautifully.

Sometimes the more expensive solution is the best solution and glad you are in a good place now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results