shape
carat
color
clarity

Pepto bismol sapphire inclusions

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I know it’s probably too purple for you and you it has a huge window but its silkiness reminded me of you. Some eye candy to look at.

Ooooh it is yummy! I like purples too - but want a tinge more pink this round - but cant hurt to look at more gorgeous stones! Thanks for sharing

Reactions: ean

MarzannaBurns

Rough_Rock
Inclusions in light pink 8.95 CT. sapphire. BEAUTIFUL. What do you think? 1704DE3A-A3B8-49F0-AF49-F4DC974D471B.jpeg

This is absolutely gorgeous! I think inclusions like this actually make a stone far more beautiful and they make it feel more unique/ one-of-a-kind too. :)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Stones that have that kind of milky/sleepy opaline sheen aren't that common. The fact that you have found two that you love is an event! If I could swing it I would probably start collecting(though the likelihood of finding another pink sometime is higher than that otherworldly purple) that being said that's a decent price for a whopping rock...

MarzannaBurns

Rough_Rock
For whatever reason I can't attach the other pictures I have of my little 1.3 carat sleepy pink spinel. It looks dark in this picture but it's close to what you're looking for and it was from super cheap Ebay about 5-6 yrs ago. Ten bucks or something. I don't mind inclusions as long as it doesn't detract from the stone, so I wouldn't worry about them! The only reason I haven't set it is it almost disappears on my skin tone. I'm ridiculously pink. :lol:

IMG_20210207_190925104.jpg IMG_20210207_191736960.jpg

This is gorgeous! Would you mind if I asked what ebay store you purchased this from (if your experience was good overall) :)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
This is gorgeous! Would you mind if I asked what ebay store you purchased this from (if your experience was good overall) :)

If I could remember I would totally tell you, but Ebay now only does the last few years. It was one of those super cheap finds just grabbed on a whim.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Stones that have that kind of milky/sleepy opaline sheen aren't that common. The fact that you have found two that you love is an event! If I could swing it I would probably start collecting(though the likelihood of finding another pink sometime is higher than that otherworldly purple) that being said that's a decent price for a whopping rock...

I think you are right. Darn. I might have to get it....they also seem to have totally different personalities!

Now, second, totally unrelated question. Would it be strange to wear big juicy gemstones on every finger at once? Hahahaha

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I think you are right. Darn. I might have to get it....they also seem to have totally different personalities!

Now, second, totally unrelated question. Would it be strange to wear big juicy gemstones on every finger at once? Hahahaha

Nope, it may become a requirement in several locales. ;))

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock

I mean.... you could totally rock it a la Infinity Gauntlet... if Thanos could do it, why can't you??

1612826348263.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Me, trying to 'borrow' your gauntlet. Look you can see where the new ones are going to go! :lol:
img.gif

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock
This is the best, it's like salt bae except with gems?! :lol:
Heck yeah, it is!! :bigsmile:

"just a little sprinkling of gems...." we say as we go and buy way more than we should :lol:

Me, trying to 'borrow' your gauntlet. Look you can see where the new ones are going to go! :lol:
img.gif
If we all add a gem to the gauntlet, then we can all take turns sharing!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So the larger sapphire is very deep cut - it’s 9x7x6.7mm

I hope that isn’t terribly prohibitive when setting it, and I imagine recurring it, I would lose the color. Does anyone know of threads with really deep cut stones?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So the larger sapphire is very deep cut - it’s 9x7x6.7mm

I hope that isn’t terribly prohibitive when setting it, and I imagine recurring it, I would lose the color. Does anyone know of threads with really deep cut stones?

Whoops - meant *recutting*

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so enthused to see a thread on silky stones. Love love love them. I need more of them....lol

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Exciting, @Cerulean !! So did you get stone 1&2 in the lineup? Can’t wait to see them in hand!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Exciting, @Cerulean !! So did you get stone 1&2 in the lineup? Can’t wait to see them in hand!

I got the first sapphire I was considering:

And this spinel that @lovedogs found!

It was more than I was planning on spending, but I think I would have regretted passing on either and they were both very reasonably priced, so can't complain.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It was more than I was planning on spending, but I think I would have regretted passing on either and they were both very reasonably priced, so can't complain.

I'm so glad you got that spinel, its really gorgeous. I think it will set well and why do I see that in rose gold? ;)2

this one

is straight crazy. The fluoro on this will be nuts! nicely cut too. (gosh I want this!) this might be too silky for many. I on the other hand say bring it on!! (I just need it like I need another hole in my head....lol)

Once I get my diamond earrings I will look at setting something in those three boxes of mine:roll2: I love looking though. Sadly.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you got that spinel, its really gorgeous. I think it will set well and why do I see that in rose gold? ;)2

this one

is straight crazy. The fluoro on this will be nuts! nicely cut too. (gosh I want this!) this might be too silky for many. I on the other hand say bring it on!! (I just need it like I need another hole in my head....lol)

Once I get my diamond earrings I will look at setting something in those three boxes of mine:roll2: I love looking though. Sadly.

I saw that one too - just gorgeous! I love just how silky it is. It was more than I was willing to spend but it really is amazing and if you have the budget - I say you should go for it!

**edit - I was also thinking rose gold for the spinel (maybe even both)...it is a metal color I am warming to....I was thinking that butterfly setting earlier in my thread with a combo of platinum and RG :kiss2:

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock

Great move so you won’t have any regrets. It will be so interesting and fun to see how they perform comparatively in terms of sparkle and silkiness! I’ve never had the opportunity to see what spinels are really like. Another Pandora’s box I’m not sure I should open, Lol. I’ll enjoy living vicariously through you this time.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
**edit - I was also thinking rose gold for the spinel (maybe even both)...it is a metal color I am warming to....I was thinking that butterfly setting earlier in my thread with a combo of platinum and RG :kiss2:

I heartily concur! It would be an absolutely beautiful combination with a silky foil.
I am on the edge of my seat to see what the purple does in the hand!

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock
Also - I bought both and they are shipping out tomorrow and due to arrive sometime next week! Squeeeeeeeee
Aaaaahhh I'm so excited for you!! Can't WAIT to see those beauties in your hands! :bigsmile:

I'm so enthused to see a thread on silky stones. Love love love them. I need more of them....lol
I love that there is such an ardent fan club of silky stones on PS! That makes me so happy! If you need some - I did share some links :twisted2:
I honestly wasn't expecting so many people to be into silky stones... but obviously I am delighted to see the amount of PSers on here who do like them! I especially love seeing what different people find on the web or own themselves... so many possibilities for pretty stones!

Alsooo thought it might be worth mentioning that I did ask the seller of that pretty pink spinel on Etsy for more videos aaand I really think I am going to go ahead and get it! We can be pink stone buddies lol

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Aaaaahhh I'm so excited for you!! Can't WAIT to see those beauties in your hands! :bigsmile:

I honestly wasn't expecting so many people to be into silky stones... but obviously I am delighted to see the amount of PSers on here who do like them! I especially love seeing what different people find on the web or own themselves... so many possibilities for pretty stones!

Alsooo thought it might be worth mentioning that I did ask the seller of that pretty pink spinel on Etsy for more videos aaand I really think I am going to go ahead and get it! We can be pink stone buddies lol

OMG YES I wanna see! Which one did you pick? (Obvi feel free to keep on the down low until the deed is done)

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock
OMG YES I wanna see! Which one did you pick? (Obvi feel free to keep on the down low until the deed is done)

I just placed the order... I went with this one! The 1.68ct 7.70 x 6.55mm ceylon spinel!

1612909881036.png

This was a youtube video on the listing itself:

And these two he sent me when I asked:

Funny enough the shipping dates say it could arrive on my birthday (at the earliest) so this'll be a fun little birthday present! :bigsmile: Also woo, my second stone purchase! I didn't expect to be buying another so soon, but I just couldn't resist! :lol:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I just placed the order... I went with this one! The 1.68ct 7.70 x 6.55mm ceylon spinel!

1612909881036.png

This was a youtube video on the listing itself:

And these two he sent me when I asked:

Funny enough the shipping dates say it could arrive on my birthday (at the earliest) so this'll be a fun little birthday present! :bigsmile: Also woo, my second stone purchase! I didn't expect to be buying another so soon, but I just couldn't resist! :lol:

IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL.

I love it. Wow. The photos didn't even do it justice. I actually have a little FOMO :lol:

But goodness gracious my husband would have fainted if I had bought three silky gems, and I am so glad it is going to a very loving home and my FOMO tax is...I betta see hand pics :twisted2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I've never been a crazy for purple, but I am crazy for these sleepy purple/purple modifier stones! I have watched that purple @silkystarlight forever and I'm so excited I get to see it going to a PSr :praise:
Next year kiddies, next year. I'm either getting another or setting one of mine!
Silky is
200 (3).gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results