shape
carat
color
clarity

Pepto bismol sapphire inclusions

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I'm being evil, but you can expand to pad if it's the right shaaaaaade:evil2: like my padish spinel...

Haha it looks far more pad than some of the things I have seen with designation...(I swear, I have seen legitimately hot pinkish purple stones called "pad" :lol: )

Also I think it is more flattering on you than you may think! It really is a very pretty stone

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Also not to derail too much @Rfisher are you enjoying your new frenchies? I think I see them in your avatar :mrgreen:

I hope you indulge us with pics in some thread somewhere!

Eric Nations

Rough_Rock
If anyone has any feedback it would be very much appreciated

Attachments

• 2362B465-EC19-471A-BB02-4853871B5983.jpeg
    2362B465-EC19-471A-BB02-4853871B5983.jpeg
    352.5 KB · Views: 11

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’m just trying to get feedback on it is all. Not trying to sell.

I think if you are looking for focused feedback on your stone, it might be better to start another thread. Especially if you have other stones you want thoughts on.

Eric Nations

Rough_Rock
Oh okay yea I see, start something strictly about what I am looking for and don’t clutter up your feed. I do apologize no harm intended. Thank you for that. I’m going to put some other of my stones on there

Eric Nations

Rough_Rock
This is the first time I’ve ever reached out or posted. Thank y’all for the warm welcome.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock
So, I didn’t even know about courier services like that. Duh - of course that is a thing! Honestly the main dealbreaker for me with this vendor is they don’t take PayPal / Venmo - I was a victim of credit card fraud a little while ago and am too nervous to input my information directly in a website. It may be overly paranoid but....oh well!

And I love the analogy of the cherry blossom pollen bits, seriously!

I do keep looking at the videos *sigh*

And yes please! Team silky gems tehe

Don't worry about it, I only found out about them last year and didn't even think to use one until earlier this year! I feel like they are very much a thing you don't think about unless you're in need of one.

Also I am so sorry to hear you had to deal with credit card fraud... I watched my parents go through that once and it was awful! I think it's better to be safe than sorry, so do what you have to do!

and hahaha I'm glad you like it! A bit poetic, is it not? But seriously I feel that those inclusions are pretty small, so once you see it in person they might not be very noticeable, ooorr they can remind you of the pollen bits and be a plus! :lol:

Team silky gems!! We can usher in a new era of sleeping beauties! :bigsmile:

Oooohh I maaayy have not mentioned that purple-pink Sapphire Pal spinel because I may or may not have been eyeing it for a while... I think it's color is so dreamy!

Could I steer you away from it with this, perhaps? :lol:
I'm afraid it might be a tad too pink, though.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Don't worry about it, I only found out about them last year and didn't even think to use one until earlier this year! I feel like they are very much a thing you don't think about unless you're in need of one.

Also I am so sorry to hear you had to deal with credit card fraud... I watched my parents go through that once and it was awful! I think it's better to be safe than sorry, so do what you have to do!

and hahaha I'm glad you like it! A bit poetic, is it not? But seriously I feel that those inclusions are pretty small, so once you see it in person they might not be very noticeable, ooorr they can remind you of the pollen bits and be a plus! :lol:

Team silky gems!! We can usher in a new era of sleeping beauties! :bigsmile:

Oooohh I maaayy have not mentioned that purple-pink Sapphire Pal spinel because I may or may not have been eyeing it for a while... I think it's color is so dreamy!

Could I steer you away from it with this, perhaps? :lol:
I'm afraid it might be a tad too pink, though.

Here's the deal - the Sapphire Pal one - intrigues me more than it makes my heart go pitter patter. If that makes sense. I actually already had it favorited , but it tells me something that I haven't revisited it. I am learning to distinguish between those two reactions! So - if the very notion of someone else nabbing it makes you disappointed - go for it! Scout's honor you can have it :) I can get protective of stones I love too - I didn't even share a single stone from the vendor's page of my "included" stone because the thought of someone buying it makes me too bummed. So, don't feel badly about wanting to steer me from your flight of fancy!

also in case you missed it I posted a bunch of links to other stones I encountered on my search!

I think you are right that the inclusions will be small...I am basically waiting to get measurements, get a few more pics, and compare it to the "cleaner" stone the vendor has in their coffers tomorrow...I am leaning towards pulling the trigger. I think my husband is also probably getting pretty tired of seeing it rotating back and forth between a pair of tweezers in his peripheral view on my laptop...hahaha.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oops, I didn't mean to out a favorite @silkystarlight! It was one I've had in my favorites because it displays such cool characteristics. It's calling your name and you should go for it.
@Cerulean I think the inclusions will add interest and I can't wait to see it in hand.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
@Cerulean , I’m right there with you in the lure of silky stones. Omg, they’re just so pretty. I have a pink one that I almost reset a few years ago with a jeweler who really appreciated it. Of course I was reluctant to ask an artisan jeweler for fear she’d think it was a terrible stone, but she appreciated quirky luckily. She called it a ruby.
I moved onto other jewelry pursuits in the meantime and never did anything, but now you’ve got me thinking.
It’s highly included, and for that reason I’ve wondered if it’s worthy of resetting. But it does have a really unique, pretty shimmer caused by the rutile silk. So I’ll be watching your thread with interest. Looks like you have a big task trying to choose among lots of contenders. Maybe the Japanese courier option will work out.
1372E2B3-890D-4C25-BFB2-32DCCACBEF4F.jpeg 633D360D-F861-413B-A749-EDEF656C06FB.jpeg
these aren’t very good pics and it’s in the ugliest silver setting known to man. I need to get my jeweler to at least set it free.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found potential options on multicoulor!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Found potential options on multicoulor!

Oh my gosh you found some AWESOME ones!!!!

I really like the chubby 2.3 carat oval....wow. You've given me some food for thought....

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh you found some AWESOME ones!!!!

I really like the chubby 2.3 carat oval....wow. You've given me some food for thought....

lol I was putting off some work and may or may not have looked through like 100+ pages of the website.....oops

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean , I’m right there with you in the lure of silky stones. Omg, they’re just so pretty. I have a pink one that I almost reset a few years ago with a jeweler who really appreciated it. Of course I was reluctant to ask an artisan jeweler for fear she’d think it was a terrible stone, but she appreciated quirky luckily. She called it a ruby.
I moved onto other jewelry pursuits in the meantime and never did anything, but now you’ve got me thinking.
It’s highly included, and for that reason I’ve wondered if it’s worthy of resetting. But it does have a really unique, pretty shimmer caused by the rutile silk. So I’ll be watching your thread with interest. Looks like you have a big task trying to choose among lots of contenders. Maybe the Japanese courier option will work out.
1372E2B3-890D-4C25-BFB2-32DCCACBEF4F.jpeg 633D360D-F861-413B-A749-EDEF656C06FB.jpeg
these aren’t very good pics and it’s in the ugliest silver setting known to man. I need to get my jeweler to at least set it free.

It is lovely - I understand why you bought it. I can't wait to see her in new dress. I am glad you found a jeweler who is worthy! :)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I feel quite torn about which one to get between my original stone with the little black inclusions, and the one from @lovedogs ! (Thank you for finding that for me)

I'd be curious to get everyone's thoughts....I've admired this ring design for a while - which stone do you think is better suited? Of course I may change my mind...but this is what has been on my mind at the moment...

1612756071309.png

1612756111309.png

1612756121836.png

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I feel quite torn about which one to get between my original stone with the little black inclusions, and the one from @lovedogs ! (Thank you for finding that for me)

I'd be curious to get everyone's thoughts....I've admired this ring design for a while - which stone do you think is better suited? Of course I may change my mind...but this is what has been on my mind at the moment...

1612756071309.png

1612756111309.png

1612756121836.png

I answered my own question. I bought the 2.3 carat one - and depending on details - might get the other and decide with both in hand how to set them. :kiss2:

Thank you all! I may share addl pics of the first one tomorrow for curious onlookers!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I answered my own question. I bought the 2.3 carat one - and depending on details - might get the other and decide with both in hand how to set them. :kiss2:

Thank you all! I may share addl pics of the first one tomorrow for curious onlookers!

oooooo YAY!!!! So happy for you! That ring design is freaking gorgeous, wow! Who's the vendor (if I may ask)?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Good deal! I eagerly await pictures. I think that 2.3 is going to look magical in the amazing nouveau dragonfly!

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
oooooo YAY!!!! So happy for you! That ring design is freaking gorgeous, wow! Who's the vendor (if I may ask)?

It’s actually from the Pebble and Polish archives, it’s an antique!! I go there all the time for ideas

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock
Here's the deal - the Sapphire Pal one - intrigues me more than it makes my heart go pitter patter. If that makes sense. I actually already had it favorited , but it tells me something that I haven't revisited it. I am learning to distinguish between those two reactions! So - if the very notion of someone else nabbing it makes you disappointed - go for it! Scout's honor you can have it :) I can get protective of stones I love too - I didn't even share a single stone from the vendor's page of my "included" stone because the thought of someone buying it makes me too bummed. So, don't feel badly about wanting to steer me from your flight of fancy!

also in case you missed it I posted a bunch of links to other stones I encountered on my search!

I think you are right that the inclusions will be small...I am basically waiting to get measurements, get a few more pics, and compare it to the "cleaner" stone the vendor has in their coffers tomorrow...I am leaning towards pulling the trigger. I think my husband is also probably getting pretty tired of seeing it rotating back and forth between a pair of tweezers in his peripheral view on my laptop...hahaha.
I totally get that! There are lots of stones I see out there that intrigue me that I don't really have an interest in acquiring. I get paid on Wednesday so I've been mulling over some other stones to purchase.... the balance between trying to save up money and also get stones I like before someone else does is such a tricky one! ;(

When I was looking for some more gems to share with you last night my boyfriend just looked over and said "more stones, huh?" :lol: he seems supportive of my new interest so far but we'll see how that fares with time!

Oops, I didn't mean to out a favorite @silkystarlight! It was one I've had in my favorites because it displays such cool characteristics. It's calling your name and you should go for it.
@Cerulean I think the inclusions will add interest and I can't wait to see it in hand.
Seriously don't worry about it! It's not like you could have read my mind, after all! I think I might ask for a pic or video of it on a hand just to see how it looks there as opposed to the plain bright background. The fact that it's 30% off is also hard to ignore... the fact that it was like $250 before was a big deterrent but having it under $200 now has me reconsidering! My economics degree knows that is just a fun mental trick - most people are more likely to get something that is priced as $199 vs. $200. Yes even that one cent can make a difference! (it's why lots of stuff is usually priced at $xx.99 vs $xx.00) But despite knowing that, I am tempted... I'll definitely let you all know if I end up going for it!

Oh my goodness, what I pretty sapphire... I love seeing that rutile silk! If that stone makes you happy to look at, then I definitely think you should reset it! Think of how much more you will love it once it's out of that ugly setting!

Woohoo!! That was one knockout spinel... can't WAIT to see it once you have it in your hands!! :bigsmile:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Wow so - the original stone is a whopping 3.77 carats and priced at $700

I still love it, it's huge to me! I had no clue. Seems a good price, but what do I know?

Is this a once-in-a-lifetime stone I will regret passing on? Hard to say. I don't have a strong sense as to how rare these types of stones are beyond my recent research....*sigh* It is calling to me though.

What would y'all do in my shoes? Haha. Part of me is like "omg wow a BIG OLE PIECE OF BUBBLEGUM ON MY FINGER WOWWEEEE what a dream!!!!" I would plop that sucker in a chunky OMC halo! :kiss2:

640F22F1-B59A-4D30-9940-9D039B5E3F76 (1).JPG

Last edited:

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock
Wow so - the original stone is a whopping 3.77 carats and priced at $700

I still love it, it's huge to me! I had no clue. Seems a good price, but what do I know?

Is this a once-in-a-lifetime stone I will regret passing on? Hard to say. I don't have a strong sense as to how rare these types of stones are beyond my recent research....*sigh* It is calling to me though.

What would y'all do in my shoes? Haha. Part of me is like "omg wow a BIG OLE PIECE OF BUBBLEGUM ON MY FINGER WOWWEEEE what a dream!!!!" I would plop that sucker in a chunky OMC halo! :kiss2:

640F22F1-B59A-4D30-9940-9D039B5E3F76 (1).JPG

o_O WHAAT?? That's nuts... for such a pretty stone too!! I even like the 2.76ct one!

Hmmm part of me wonders if it would match well enough with the other stone you ended up purchasing... maybe one could be a ring and the other could go on as a matching necklace pendant or a bracelet?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
o_O WHAAT?? That's nuts... for such a pretty stone too!! I even like the 2.76ct one!

Hmmm part of me wonders if it would match well enough with the other stone you ended up purchasing... maybe one could be a ring and the other could go on as a matching necklace pendant or a bracelet?

I know, right? Like the price is awesome. The 2.76 is a strong 2nd place, but the 3.77 has my heart....they have another smoky pink one I haven't posted in stock too....

I will absolutely share the vendor deets once I decide if I am getting it!

Having a set of milky pink gems...it's an idea! Don't know if they will match but I am not extremely matchy matchy anyways....

Gahh decisions decisions! If I get this boy I am definitely on a tighter leash for the next few months and will probably only set one this year :lol:

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Those are super pretty stones @Cerulean !! I love all of the first 3 for different reasons. The one you’re feeling most drawn to is beautiful. I love the little lavender glint it has too. It will definitely satisfy your pink longing. Go for it!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I totally get that! There are lots of stones I see out there that intrigue me that I don't really have an interest in acquiring. I get paid on Wednesday so I've been mulling over some other stones to purchase.... the balance between trying to save up money and also get stones I like before someone else does is such a tricky one! ;(

When I was looking for some more gems to share with you last night my boyfriend just looked over and said "more stones, huh?" :lol: he seems supportive of my new interest so far but we'll see how that fares with time!

Seriously don't worry about it! It's not like you could have read my mind, after all! I think I might ask for a pic or video of it on a hand just to see how it looks there as opposed to the plain bright background. The fact that it's 30% off is also hard to ignore... the fact that it was like $250 before was a big deterrent but having it under $200 now has me reconsidering! My economics degree knows that is just a fun mental trick - most people are more likely to get something that is priced as $199 vs. $200. Yes even that one cent can make a difference! (it's why lots of stuff is usually priced at $xx.99 vs $xx.00) But despite knowing that, I am tempted... I'll definitely let you all know if I end up going for it!

Oh my goodness, what I pretty sapphire... I love seeing that rutile silk! If that stone makes you happy to look at, then I definitely think you should reset it! Think of how much more you will love it once it's out of that ugly setting!

Woohoo!! That was one knockout spinel... can't WAIT to see it once you have it in your hands!! :bigsmile:

Thank you, @silkystarlight ! It does make me happy to look at:) I’ll have to get the wheels turning sometime soon.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I know it’s probably too purple for you and you it has a huge window but its silkiness reminded me of you. Some eye candy to look at.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results