shape
carat
color
clarity

Pears!!!!

Hikari

Rough_Rock
Please post your pears! IMO they are underrated and I would love to look at tons of them.

Or if there is already a thread in the what seems like hundreds of threads please link.

Thanks!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
96C26411-957F-4A98-B6CB-0F02B837C980.jpeg 07F52A9D-765C-4065-8970-65727B5A90F7.jpeg 80475E33-192B-412A-A41B-F9A0C6BC9321.jpeg 522B060D-FC6D-44BD-96A1-86CCB831D9D3.jpeg

The diamond is a 2.75 L, VS - cut in the 1920-1930’s - that photo doesn't do the stone’s sparkles many favors but you get a sense of it - there is an instagram filter on that photo.

It was originally set in a 5 prong platinum prong setting but the frosted girdle is VERY, VERY thin, so I had it set in a custom bezel to protect it more. It has a pretty unique under gallery. I wanted light into the stone, but lots of protection with a geometric vibe to it. I’m happy with how it turned out, it’s 18K with its original platinum shank (reuse & recycle). The stone does has a bow tie, but that’s okay - I love it. It was my first real jewelry purchase.

The lilac pear sapphire is from MasterCuters sale last year and I paired with with a .5 IF colorless assher is a custom moi and toi bezel pinky rimy. I just loved the color of this pear...

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Everyone has such beautiful pears. This is my Y-Z pear.

img_9877.jpg

Oh @junebug17 I am in LOVE with your ring! It is just beautiful! Do you just love it? I would love to have a pear rhr - styled very similarly to yous! I'm trying to decide if I will set my new pear as a pendant or a ring. Do you mind sharing the size of your pear and what color melee? Your ring makes my heart race lol :kiss2: :love::appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all the pears! I have too many to show. Most of my colored stone collection are pears or have pears in them.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 - so lovely! The yellow glow is just delicious! Can I ask what sort of melee was used to go with it? Is it pale yellow also?

@mrs-b, sorry I didn't respond sooner...Thank you! Yes, the melee is pale yellow as well, and matches the center stone pretty well.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @junebug17! :wavey:

Can I ask where you got your melee? I'd love to get melee to match my new S-T emerald cut, but just assumed I wouldn't be able. I've wondered if I just threw in the towel too soon and should have asked around a little more.

That pale yellow glow in your ring is *exactly* what I'm trying ot reproduce!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @junebug17! :wavey:

Can I ask where you got your melee? I'd love to get melee to match my new S-T emerald cut, but just assumed I wouldn't be able. I've wondered if I just threw in the towel too soon and should have asked around a little more.

That pale yellow glow in your ring is *exactly* what I'm trying ot reproduce!

@mrs-b, I should have clarified...I bought this from Diamonds by Lauren as a completed ring. Sorry!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @junebug17 I am in LOVE with your ring! It is just beautiful! Do you just love it? I would love to have a pear rhr - styled very similarly to yous! I'm trying to decide if I will set my new pear as a pendant or a ring. Do you mind sharing the size of your pear and what color melee? Your ring makes my heart race lol :kiss2: :love::appl:

Aw thank you bling_dream19! I really enjoy wearing this ring. The pear measures 8.96 x 6.34. I would say the melee are a light yellow.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My younger daughter has a pear. They are luscious!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results