shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2009 11:00:04 PM
Author: swedish bean

Date: 10/15/2009 10:53:46 PM
Author: Phoenix
Very pretty pearls indeed!

I esp love your dangly earrings in the first pic. How big are those diamonds? I hope you don''t mind my asking...I''m trying to decide how to set my SS golden pearls.

15.gif
They are not diamonds. They are cz. BUT, I am really loving the look (and not the cz''s) and think I''d like to replace them with real diamonds/ get them remade with real gold and diamonds (they are also in silver right now).

I''d say they are about 15 pointers?? Less than .25 but more than .10
10.gif
I have no idea where a ruler is right now too ..
14.gif
Thanks, swedish bean. They''re still lovely nonetheless. I heart yr idea of replacing them with diamonds though...[enabling]!
11.gif
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 10:35:21 PM

Pearl Lunar! :D I don''t quite care for some of the clasps, but that''s easy enough to change/ do something about.
swedish bean, are the pearllunar clasps just the filigree, fish-hook style? I''m not crazy about those either, and have been scouring places to find more interesting ones. Have you found any that you like better?

Date: 10/16/2009 11:21:38 AM
Author: cellentani
Date: 10/15/2009 10:35:21 PM

Pearl Lunar! :D I don''t quite care for some of the clasps, but that''s easy enough to change/ do something about.

swedish bean, are the pearllunar clasps just the filigree, fish-hook style? I''m not crazy about those either, and have been scouring places to find more interesting ones. Have you found any that you like better?

Two of them (so far) are. One is a plain clasp you would see on any average necklace (pearls or not, and one is 14k (I think) white gold solid ball clasp. Oh, and the bracelet has the wider gold filigree, but I suspect that one might be plated.

Here are some clasps that I like:

Clasp 1
Clasp 2

Clasp 2

I do prefer white gold to the yellow, but yellow is growing on me:)

Here are the new pieces I got today.

1 dangly earrings
1 "bread" studs
single pendant, lav
single pearl bead, white (kinda shaped like a football??) It''s about 9x12 I think
2 lav blue half drilled beads
5 strand rice pearls, I think like 4-5mm?
1 strand very light lav blue, about 7mm??

photoqwerty.gif

And here is my 2nd attempt at a necklace.. it's cute! I'm not in love with it, but it's ok. The clasp is sterling silver with platinum?? or something. I dunno. I got it at the craft store.

ETA as you can see the tie-off isn't that great (in the center, 2nd to last pearl) I will snip it closer

photonamnam.jpg

*cringe* and here is a neck shot.. cuz I always ask for one...

sbneckshot.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
*gasp* I love the way that last necklace looks on you! so gorgeous!
30.gif

Really? I was a little nervous it might be too "cute" and almost childish? I''m not sure. I think I have enough left over to make a matching bracelet which is kind of cool! I just don''t have the right kind of clasp...I''ve also already been dreaming up of doing some pearl necklaces with crystals or something
30.gif
30.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 6:45:47 PM
Really? I was a little nervous it might be too ''cute'' and almost childish? I''m not sure. I think I have enough left over to make a matching bracelet which is kind of cool! I just don''t have the right kind of clasp...I''ve also already been dreaming up of doing some pearl necklaces with crystals or something
30.gif
30.gif
I think it looks pretty, swedish bean, and DH concurs. Do you feel it''s too lightweight? I''ve grown to love the heft of some of my bigger pearls, so I can understand where you''re coming from. If you ever change your mind, you can always make a 3-strand bracelet - that''s the fantastic part about being able to string your own pearls!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it''s ''cutesy'' at all- dainty would be more appropriate, and perhaps its a bit more casual as well, given the size and shape. So, I think it''s really versatile what you can wear it with. really, very nice
9.gif

I agree with cellentani, if you end up getting tired of the design, or want to add to it, you know how!
31.gif

You know, the weight of it MIGHT be it... It is rather light. Sadly, I have champagne taste on a beer budget.. I want bigger and bigger and bigger pearls, but
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif
can''t afford it right now. I do still have that 9mm strand that I think I''ll turn into a necklace too... I also bought a 9-10 mm multi strand as well that I''m excited to string, but would like to get a nicer clasp. Hmm.. I might try another beading store tomorrow to see what I can find.

I am so excited about beading/ knotting whatever you call it! Thanks celle again for the tutorial!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Nice collection!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey swed - I just took a closer look at your pics. Did you get your clasp from Michael''s (and do you like it)? I got mine there, and it looks remarkably similar. I just took a quick pic below.

And a 9 or 10mm necklace? That sounds luxurious and yummy!

Hook and Eye clasp.JPG

Date: 10/22/2009 10:11:08 PM
Author: cellentani
Hey swed - I just took a closer look at your pics. Did you get your clasp from Michael's (and do you like it)? I got mine there, and it looks remarkably similar. I just took a quick pic below.

And a 9 or 10mm necklace? That sounds luxurious and yummy!

Yes that is the one that I grabbed (It seemed the most secure)! I had also grabbed some toggle ones but after much thought I returned those. I purchased 3 of the hook type, but really am looking at making an order for some locking clasps. And I'd totally love a diamond clasp too
11.gif
12.gif

Here is the 9-10mm strand I bought. It wasn''t expensive, so I''m just expecting a fun necklace.. I DO love the larger sizes though..
4.gif

sbstrand.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
That strand is beautiful! And I kinda like our hook and eye closures - for being so inexpensive, it''s not too bad looking. But I totally hear you about the diamond clasps - I want one too!!!

So I got 2 things in the mail today, FINALLY from Chuyun. One of the bridesmaids necklaces (the 17" one of the flower on wire) and then a 47" strand
30.gif
I like the sheen on the Pearl Lunar ones better, but these are so fun! (and, I won them for $20 with free shipping, so pretty awesome. hehe)

BUT, I got 3 emails from Chuyun saying at least 3 of my items were sent back to them from customs!!!!!! They said they would re-ship them out... but I am tired of waiting. I still have 5 pieces I am waiting on from them.

Here is a quick jumbly shot of the long necklace, which is knotted in between, unlike the 17" one
3.gif
3.gif

I hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine was crappy, but now I am being loved by pearls...

sbfotopearls.jpg

I forgot to say, I believe the strand is 7.5mm

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2009 5:56:49 PM
This looks beatiful on your neck! i love the alternating size.

Date: 10/26/2009 3:13:59 PM
Author: D&T
Date: 10/22/2009 5:56:49 PM

This looks beatiful on your neck! i love the alternating size.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results