shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Testing Testing, I am trying this through flickr, so it''ll probably take a bit!

arg, ok so you can''t use flickr on here? this might take a bit longer lol

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I like those A LOT! Are they leverbacks or eurowires?

Date: 10/14/2009 2:20:21 PM
Author: cellentani
Oooh, I like those A LOT! Are they leverbacks or eurowires?

Ok, I''m back, I was eating lunch :D

They are... hooks. I''m not sure what eurowires are.
They are also cz''s, but I like the look of them and the pearls are VERY pretty. I might reset them, or replace the cz with real diamonds :) I had got these for my mom but she said, "I don''t want any pearls!!!" So... I kept them :D

Ok back to editing!

The pendant. It came with a chain that I gave to a friend. It''s 14mm wide. The color is lovely.

sbpearls3.gif

The black strand is 10.5mm-11.5mm which I got from TPO. They look So dark here, but IRL they are a little more purple.

The rest are about 5mm-6mm

sbpearls4.gif

guagua

Rough_Rock
eurowires
emsmile.gif

:D
LEft to right, white necklace, lav blue necklace, multi necklace, white strand, lighter lav blue strand

sbpearls7.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Those are all really pretty, swedish bean - I''d be hard-pressed to pick my favorite! What are your plans for the strands?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously Gorgeous! SB!!! I love that multistrands... I just bought myself one... well I bought it for my step MIL but DH says I can''t give both MILs the same kind of gifts
18.gif
becuase they hate each other
23.gif
oh well... more for me
3.gif

Those earrings look gorgeous,,, and I"m loving the flat pendant...

I got some more in today, but not the package I was expecting... It''s the 3rd one I paid for-- I''m worried for my 2nd package!

sb2983111.gif

The long black strand is a necklace, the rest of those are strands

ETA the VERy bottom pearl is a tear drop pinkish gold, half drilled

sb9238721.gif

These are about 9mm and the color is sooo pretty, but they are shaped a bit odd, so perhaps a bracelet for fun.

sb928734.gif

These are also weird shaped, so a bracelet for fun- I''m thinkin''

sb83838.gif

Date: 10/15/2009 12:17:03 PM
Those are all really pretty, swedish bean - I''d be hard-pressed to pick my favorite! What are your plans for the strands?

It''s so hard to show the color and the... orient is it called? They are VERY pretty in person, they are so shiny and rainbowy and... I can''t describe it!! :)

I am thinking I will used them for practice and just to think up and make fun projects (I have a lot of time on my hands lately). I don''t know when I''ll start though-- where do you think supplies are sold? Like a Michaels?? or something??

And for some reason i was in loveeee with these puffy pearls. I have NO idea what I'll do with them, but I just love them. hehe

ETA It's hard to see but in the very far right corner are the golden "akoya" "beads" I got. They are half drilled but SO very tiny. I'm thinking they are freshwater?? How do I know? I thought akoya's were much larger?

sb11212.gif

So today I got an additional 7 strands, 1 necklace, the 3 strand bracelet, 12 puffy beads, 1 tear shaped, and 2 matching golden mystery pearls.

Still to come, EARRINGS, beads, and I think some more strands.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 3:47:48 PM
Author: swedish bean

It''s so hard to show the color and the... orient is it called? They are VERY pretty in person, they are so shiny and rainbowy and... I can''t describe it!! :)

I am thinking I will used them for practice and just to think up and make fun projects (I have a lot of time on my hands lately). I don''t know when I''ll start though-- where do you think supplies are sold? Like a Michaels?? or something??
I love the 9mm strand you have draped around your wrist, but I''m into bigger pearls at the moment! Oh gosh, I''d be in beading heaven if I had all of those- just fabulous! I have a Michaels near me and I was able to pick up flexible beading needles and french wire. They also have some synthetic thread and other stringing options (wire, elastic, etc), as well as some cheap clasps and jump rings. I got my spools of silk from jemco.com.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
That lavender blue strand is gorgeous! I really love the first set of pearls you showed, the whites, multicolors, and the lavender blue. Care to share where they are from?
31.gif

Date: 10/15/2009 10:07:20 PM
Author: szh07
That lavender blue strand is gorgeous! I really love the first set of pearls you showed, the whites, multicolors, and the lavender blue. Care to share where they are from?
31.gif

Pearl Lunar! :D I don''t quite care for some of the clasps, but that''s easy enough to change/ do something about.

Date: 10/15/2009 9:05:05 PM
Date: 10/15/2009 3:47:48 PM

Author: swedish bean

I love the 9mm strand you have draped around your wrist, but I''m into bigger pearls at the moment! Oh gosh, I''d be in beading heaven if I had all of those- just fabulous! I have a Michaels near me and I was able to pick up flexible beading needles and french wire. They also have some synthetic thread and other stringing options (wire, elastic, etc), as well as some cheap clasps and jump rings. I got my spools of silk from jemco.com.

Good to know. I will try to get there this weekend to take a look.

I also, have decided that I prefer bigger pearls. The small ones are fine, and the colors are great, but after getting my 11.5 strand and then seeing 5,6,7''s I''m like
23.gif
Where''d the rest go?
2.gif
Some of the listings for pearl lunar- I must admit- I didn''t even check the size of the strands, just bought them because I liked the color! :)

Tonight I was sitting there staring at the strands and I''ve been coming up with necklace ideas and I''m very excited to try this out! Thanks again for the tutorial!

Date: 10/15/2009 3:27:33 PM
Author: D&T
Seriously Gorgeous! SB!!! I love that multistrands... I just bought myself one... well I bought it for my step MIL but DH says I can''t give both MILs the same kind of gifts
18.gif
becuase they hate each other
23.gif
oh well... more for me
3.gif

Those earrings look gorgeous,,, and I''m loving the flat pendant...

I see I missed this comment earlier!

I can''t wait to see what you get! My package arrived in less than 10 days, so hopefully you don''t have to wait too long :)

The button/ flat pearl is way better in person. In the pic it looks greenish
5.gif
but it''s actually ROSEY in color, I DO plan on taking some neck shots when all of the stuff comes in, via a friends neck, so stay tuned for that later on.

I think pearl lunar is selling another one right now, I def recommend it as it comes with a chain too.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty pearls indeed!

I esp love your dangly earrings in the first pic. How big are those diamonds? I hope you don't mind my asking...I'm trying to decide how to set my SS golden pearls.

Date: 10/15/2009 10:53:46 PM
Author: Phoenix
Very pretty pearls indeed!

I esp love your dangly earrings in the first pic. How big are those diamonds? I hope you don''t mind my asking...I''m trying to decide how to set my SS golden pearls.

15.gif
They are not diamonds. They are cz. BUT, I am really loving the look (and not the cz''s) and think I''d like to replace them with real diamonds/ get them remade with real gold and diamonds (they are also in silver right now).

I''d say they are about 15 pointers?? Less than .25 but more than .10
10.gif
I have no idea where a ruler is right now too ..
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results