shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Shaped Stone help

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Can I just say that I LOVE how you're doing this for your mom and researching to this extent. She will be so happy and whenever you get married, your girl will be happy too!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can I just say that I LOVE how you're doing this for your mom and researching to this extent. She will be so happy and whenever you get married, your girl will be happy too!

Thank you! But honestly with how much my mom's given up for me this is just hacking at the tip of the iceberg....she helped me with my education (which i am still paying her back for) and supported me over the last two years with my house search....i strongly believe that i will ever be able to do enough to pay her back. I think to myself everyday that i can't believe how lucky I am that she's MY mommy.

This one is my favorite so far. Love the l:w ratio, very pleasing girdle outline and shape appeal. I have a marquise with strong blue flour that does not show cloudiness in sunlight, but best to ask vendor to take it out in sunlight to view for you.

D-VS1 is delicious as well.

Exactly what I was thinking. The associate I spoke with Saturday said that a gemologist will get back to me today regarding cloudiness in sunlight I'm hoping this pans out...it really is my favorite so far. I just can't stop thinking about it.:mrgreen2: There's a light at the end of my long dark tunnel and boy does it sparkle :lol:.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Update: I am a bit frustrated.....seems that none of the stones I've been looking at are available??? A mini rant. :x2:x2:x2:x2

Arrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhh, I spoke/e-mailed/chatted with JA and asked for around 6 - 9 ASETs over the last two week and they keep telling me that they need 3-5 days to receive the images...after waiting a full 2 weeks on some of them I have only received one additional outside of the one that we saw before. Please see below for the latest image I received.

After waiting for close to 5 days for the image they sent me, I called IDJ about finding out if some of the diamonds listed would be ones that he would have access to, turns out a lot of them are virtual stock that have since upped and poofed into thin air. The links have gone dead, the SKU doesn't look anything and now i'm not sure if that means I need to go back to square one. :confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

IDJ is helping me look for some stones in my updated price point and wants, but i'm a bit frustrated that 2 weeks work has gone to waste because it has been taking JA so long to respond with images.

I just saw IDJ's confused e-mail saying hey none of these diamonds exist and had a moment of red. OK, end of rant. I'm going to go back to searching now! Maybe now that i've got IDJ on board they may be able to find something as well that exists! ..... Thank you for reading.

3371554.jpg

Last edited:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is just crazy sounding, none of them exist? Like WTH does that even mean?! Well at least now they are helping you find stones are in house stock or at least checked out. I’m sure once they saw this they started asking questions about what is going on.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is just crazy sounding, none of them exist? Like WTH does that even mean?! Well at least now they are helping you find stones are in house stock or at least checked out. I’m sure once they saw this they started asking questions about what is going on.

I don't know what was going on, maybe some of the stones were posted too soon or were sold/pulled from the site. :wall: I THINK I found two relisted under different SKUs (Like completely different SKU's) but I can't be sure, I only really have my excel sheet with my notes to compare to (they are the right size, color, cut and l:w ratio...i should have saved the GIA numbers for these which is 100% my fault).

Who knows, my thoughts are if I can't re-find some of the stones or IDJ doesn't come up with some better alternatives, I'm going to order the c2b stone. The problem with the C2B stone is that I'd be going over budget after getting the setting so it's sort of my last resort if I haven't found something I love by next week.

I was hoping to be done by now so that I could give them a full 6 weeks to set and ship this pendant. :wall::wall::wall:

Will keep updating as I learn more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results